Three

Miss Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Three

 

 

“Advance Happy birthday Tiffany unnie!”

 

Tiffany looked up from her cubicle’s divider and saw her dongsaeng Yoona peeking over.

 

“Why are you greeting me in advance Yoong, my birthday is still two days from now?”

 

“Because, I have a hunch that you’ll be MIA on your birthday again like you always do, you only spend time with us on our birthdays but we never spend with yours. It made us have the conclusion that you just don’t like celebrating your own birthday.”

 

“Oh! I’m sorry! It’s just that I often forget my own birthday, like this year, my dad had me reminded about it again. And besides my birthday always falls during weekdays so we really can’t celebrate it since we have work the next day.”

 

“But my birthday get to be timed during weekdays too this year but you went to my party?”

 

“Oh! Yeah! I did?!”

 

“Yep! You did unnie!”

 

Tiffany let out a nervous chuckle towards Yoona in hope that her lame attempt in making excuses be cover up.

 

“So do already have plans for your birthday, unnie?”

 

“Uhm… yeah… I already do…”

 

“Are we invited? Your birthday is on Saturday! We have no work for the next day!”

 

She saw her hopeful eyes and Tiffany felt like she can’t let her dongsaeng down.

 

“Uhm of course! I was about to invite you and the other girls…”

 

“Of course we’ll attend your party! Where are we gonna celebrate it? At a club, restaurant or at your house?”

 

“Uhm… about that… actually, my dad and my grandpa wanted to celebrate it at our farm at Jeongseon since it’s been awhile since we last visited my grandpa and he was the one who made that request.”

 

“Jeongseon? Wow that was like a five hour drive from Seoul by bus.”

 

“Yeah, it was pretty far… but by car it could only take four hours or less… that’s why I’ve been contemplating to ask you guys…”

 

“I’ve never been to Jeongseon village! I heard it was such a beautiful town! A lot of great food too! I want to come with you unnie! Please take me with you!”

 

Tiffany was beyond shock that Yoona was beyond excited upon hearing where her birthday was planned to be celebrated. Since most of her friends and colleagues were all born and raised in the city and has no immediate province to visit.

 

That’s why she always thought that they don’t like the idea of going to countryside for vacations back in college they just all went to the beach or camp or just stay inside the city.

 

But seeing Yoona now, Tiffany thinks she under-estimated her long time friends.

 

“Unnie, I’ll go message it on our group chat! Leave it to me! I know you’re busy with that report boss gave you this morning!”

 

“Okay… thanks, Yoong.”

 

Yoona’s head disappeared on top of her cubicle and she’s sure that her dongsaeng had just finished letting everybody knows since her phone just vibrated beside her keyboard.

 

She went to check it and she’s right about her thought, seconds later their private group chat was flooded with massages from their friends.

 

Tiffany couldn’t help but smile as she saw her friends excited messages to each other as they never forget to joke that they thought that they would all be greeting her advance happy birthday before the day ends.

 

She typed a short reply to them, telling them that she’s really inviting them and that they could treat it their short vacation all together since it’s been awhile since they all have free time.

 

Her chat box was flooded by overly excited replies from all of her friends, especially from Yoona and Sooyoung who is now asking her what type of food she will be feeding them.

 

She laugh and just said it out loud to Yoona and told her personally that she need to finish this report or else she will not be allowed to leave the office until weekends.

 

Before going back to her work, Tiffany informed her dad in advance so he can also inform her grandfather in advance that she’ll be taking four of her friends with her and she’s pretty sure that her dad will be flipping for joy to hear that.

 

 

---------

 

 

“Yow! Taeng! Wazzup buddy?!”

 

Taeyeon pushed herself out from under the car when she heard Yuri’s loud voice plus her cousin just kicked her foot to make her come out.

 

“No longer good since you’re already here.”

 

“Ouch that hurts!”

 

She chuckled when she saw her cousin’s fake hurt expression.

 

“What brought you here Kwon Yuri?”

 

“Nothing… I just missed you… we didn’t got the chance to talk and catch up during Oppa’s wedding since aunty Kanghee hogged you all night… I wanted to save you from the nagging but I was afraid that the nagging will be transferred to me… so, I’m sorry!”

 

“Coward! You left me to be deep fried by them!”

 

“I’m sorry, Taeng! That’s why I’m here today! To make up to you! I’m going to treat you dinner! So you go take a shower and clean off all those grease covering your body!”

 

“Hmmm… you sound fishy…”

 

“I’m not!”

 

Taeyeon seriously eyed Yuri who looked fidgety and sweaty under her scrutinizing gaze and that’s when she know that her cousin was up to something and that something is probabl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter