Twenty

Miss Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty

 

 

“What I felt… when I kissed you… it was different… I don’t even know what to call it… it’s… it’s so hard for me to explain. All I know is that it was the first time I’ve felt something like that.”

 

Taeyeon saw Tiffany blushing harder with what she said. She thought that it was a good sign but…

 

“Who exactly are fooling, huh? Your lines are so old and rusty! I’m sure you’re already told that to all the girls you’ve dated!”

 

Taeyeon is sure that she is wrong when Tiffany sarcastically sneered at her.

 

“Only crazy and foolish girls will believe in you… Since they don’t know how to differentiate the truth among the lies that you made to sound that that they are real.”

 

Taeyeon unknowingly clenched her jaw as she heard Tiffany’s unreasonable judgment about her again. The unfair accusation somehow made her heart clenched in pain at the same too.

 

Taeyeon wonders for how long she can take all pushing and pulling Tiffany was doing to her. One moment they’re fine and okay. And during those times she’s sure, she can feel it, that Tiffany is starting to let loose of herself at her, slowly opening up, so Taeyeon can take a small step forward to approach her.

 

But then, right before she can set that small step firm to the ground of Tiffany’s firm heart, she’ll just find herself getting harshly pushed away with such abrupt force that Taeyeon felt confused what went wrong again. What had she done to set them back again at the start.

 

She feels like they’re in that stupid and irritating game of snake and ladder. She’ll jump for joy when she get a step in that ladder that brings her immediately to the top only to land next in the mouth of that vicious snake and get herself spiraling down. Feeling hurt and bitter and sad all at the same time, when she’s just a step away from getting to the finish line, that line where, Tiffany’s heart is where at.

 

Taeyeon let out a sigh and averted her gaze somewhere away from Tiffany’s eyes.

 

But Taeyeon changed her mind the last second and ransacked her brain to come up with something to redeem her bruised pride and beaten heart.

 

“You know what, you’re not even a good kisser, you’re the lousiest compare to my exes… That’s why I totally don’t understand myself why I felt like that to you! Ah! Never mind! Why am I even bothering?!”

 

“You’re so full of yourself, Kim Taeyeon! I don’t care if you have kissed the entire female population here in Jeongseon or the whole South Korea! Or how many women you bedded! I don’t care!”

 

Tiffany spat at her. Her face is so red and her nose is flaring up. Taeyeon stop berating herself if Tiffany is angry or jealous but there’s still that little part of her that is hoping that is was the last one.

 

“At least I’m telling the truth! Unlike you! The problem with you is that you don’t even want to admit to yourself the truth! That you—“

 

“Enough! I had enough of this! I want to go home! If you’re still staying or will go somewhere else then I’ll take my leave now!”

 

“How will you get back? Do you even have your wallet with you?”

 

Tiffany was about to say another retort to her but Taeyeon beats her into it.

 

“I’ll take you home, okay? I invited you out, it’s my responsibility to make you get back safely. Let me just first settle out bill. Please…”

 

Taeyeon spoke as calmly as she can hoping that Tiffany will get appease and calm down if they began to talk to each other nicely again.

 

“Fine! Call the waiter! I need to get back as soon as possible. It’s really getting late and no one knows I snuck out. If anyone woke up and find me missing, my grandfather will sure get worried!”

 

“I know… It’ll be quick.”

 

Taeyeon pressed the hidden buzzer under her side of the table and their waiter came towards them in seconds.

 

“We’ll be leaving. Please put tonight’s dinner on my tab, thank you.”

 

“Yes, Miss Taeyeon.”

 

The waiter bowed at them and Taeyeon stand up on her seat and was about to walk to Tiffany’s side to help her up but the younger woman already move away from the table by herself.

 

They silently walked back into Taeyeon’s car and this time it was Tiffany who is walking ahead and Taeyeon trailing behind her with a small frown on her face.

 

Tiffany stopped on her car’s passenger door, Taeyeon was about to open it for her when her cellphone rings and the caller was Sunmi again.

 

She takes the call right in front of Tiffany, she didn’t bother to walk away from her since she thought that the woman won’t even bother with anything that’s about her.

 


“Where are you?”

 

“I’ll be there, okay?! I’ve already told you. Can’t you just wait for me?”

 

Taeyeon calmly spoke to Sunmi over the phone although deep inside she’s really beginning to feel irritated with the girl. because of all times, the girl decided to ask her for a favor when she’s out on a date!

 

“I know you’ll come to pick me. I’m just worried that you’d changed your mind because you’re taking so long to get here… I’m sorry.”

 

“I’ll be there, okay?! I’ll help you.”

 

“Thank you, Taeng… by the way I’m staying at Room 323… please get me as soon as you can… I’m really scared.”

 

“Just stay in your room and don’t come out. I’ll call you when I’m at your door, okay?”

 

“Okay. Thanks again, Taeng… sorry for bothering you out of the blue…”

 

“Okay.”

 

Taeyeon slide her thumb at the end call after that last single word. Then proceed to open the passenger door for Tiffany but the latter stopped her for further opening the door.

 

“That call really sounds important, I’m sorry I can’t help but hear bit of it. And I think you should just go straight ahead to where that friend of yours is at. I can take care of myself. I’ll just call Yoona and ask her to pick me up. Go, Taeyeon.”

 

“No way! That’s even more dangerous! You’ll wake her up, she’ll drive in a groggy state! What if she gets into an accident on her way to pick you up? Or worst when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter