Twenty-two

Miss Mechanic
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Twenty-two

 

 

 

“Tiffany, are you crazy? What will your family think of me if I’ll leave now? They’ll ask you who you’re with, who drop you, why did that person let you walk back home? And alone for that matter! They’ll just continue to ask you and they’ll probably think that we actually did something bad and that we’re guilty from it that’s why we’re avoiding them! And most of all, they’ll think I’m a huge coward and I didn’t treat you nicely…”

 

“Then suit yourself! If you want to do that then it’s all up to you! Just don’t blame later! I did warn you!”

 

Tiffany huffed in annoyance at Taeyeon, she even glared at the woman but deep inside Tiffany is secretly flying with happiness. She feels proud of Taeyeon for being this brave and honest.

 

Taeyeon ignited her car again and continued their way up to the gate of the Hwang resident. The men in black suit instantly flocked on both side of her Range Rover trying to check them through her heavily tinted windows.

 

She felt nervous but she won’t show it. She give Tiffany any reason to think that she’s afraid or that she can’t stand on her own or that she can’t even protect her against anyone.

 

Taeyeon was the first one to come out, and the bodyguard’s makes way for her to walk towards the passenger door. She opened took one deep breath before she opened up the door for Tiffany.

 

“Relax, Fany.”

 

Taeyeon take a hold of Tiffany’s slightly colder hands and gave it a light squeeze before smiling at her assuringly.

 

“I’m here okay…”

 

Taeyeon heard a sigh from one of the men but didn’t see who it was. She just went on with Tiffany inside the gate and finally into the front door. Tiffany was about to knock but surprisingly they we’re beaten into as the door opened up, revealing a very red faced Mr. Hwang aka Tiffany’s Dad.

 

“Tiffany Hwang! What happened to you? Where have you been? Who’s with you? Don’t you know how worried we are?! I came home to surprise you but instead I was the one who got surprised when I couldn’t find you in your room or in any part of the house!”

 

“Thanks God you’re okay! And Oppa will you please calm down! Tiffany’s no longer a child!”

 

“So?! She’s still my daughter and that reason alone gives me the right to be worried about her all the time!”

 

“Will the two of you stop bickering for once?!”

 

The loud and full of authority voice of the elder Hwang made Tiffany’s Dad and Aunt to stop from bickering. Taeyeon mentally gulp, she unknowingly tightened her hold on Tiffany’s hand. She somehow felt relieved when she felt that the woman had gently squeezed her hand in return.

 

“Let them take a seat first! They will explain their selves and all of us, specially the two of you will patiently listen to them until the very last word! Am I making myself clear Hwang Jinyoung? Hwang Seokyung?”

 

“Yes. Abohji…”

 

Tiffany silently pulled Taeyeon with to their living room. Her grandpa, dad and aunt we’re already there waiting for them.

 

“Are you okay, Taeyeon?”

 

“Yeah… I’m fine…”

 

They continue their way inside as they tried to ignore the heavy stare her whole family is giving them. And at the exact same time that their butts hit the cushion of the sofa, Tiffany heard her father’s yelling voice over them again.

 

“Why are you with that woman?”

 

Tiffany turns around to meet with her dad’s eyes and she could instantly see the disappointment and defeat in his face.

 

“Dad—“

 

“I said, all of you will stay quite while we hear their explanation and when I said that, it means I only need to hear one voice explaining to everybody what happened and I’m quite sure you know who that person is…”

 

Tiffany sat back into her spot, she held Taeyeon’s hand tighter without knowing, she wasn’t even aware at the couple pair of eyes that were looking at their intertwined hands right at the moment they enter the house.

 

“Good evening, Mr. Hwang, Aunt Seokyung and Mr. Hwang.”

 

Taeyeon greeted and vowed at each of Tiffany’s family starting at her grandfather, then her aunt and last her father.

 

“It’s already morning, dear.”

 

Tiffany’s aunt slightly chuckled as she corrected Taeyeon and the latter could only sheepishly smile with a faint blush present on her cheeks at the older woman for correcting her.

 

Taeyeon bowed once more at the elders in from of her and Tiffany before starting to open up to explain what happened to them.

 

“I would like to apologize for taking Tiffany back home in the wee hours—“

 

“Where have you taken my daughter, woman?!”

 

Tiffany’s father snarled at Taeyeon not even letting her finish her sentence.

 

Taeyeon suddenly felt afraid at Tiffany’s dad, she doesn’t quite know much about him. Although Taeyeon knows Tiffany’s grandfather from hearsay from her father and other cousins regarding business matters. Taeyeon c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter