Lie For You

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

'You can do it, Ji Hyo! Just stay calm and think about Jaejoong!' the naughty voice inside of her mind was screaming madly every second, and she couldn't resist the temptation to meet in person with the hot hallyu star in less than 48 hours. Ji Hyo had to drag her feet to where her parents were, but the closer she got the more nervous she felt. "Oh Ji Hyo.. do you need anything?" Mr. Song felt curious with the way his daughter approaching him. Being the mother, Mrs. Song could sense that something was bothering the young lady's mind, "Wae geu rae.. Ji Hyo aah? Is there anything that you want to tell us?"

 

Ji Hyo was amazed at her mother's ability to read her mind. She began to reflect if she was being too obvious in front of her parents, but quickly calmed herself down to avoid from arousing suspicion to the old couple. She sat in between them on the couch, preparing to put up a highly convincing act. "Appa, eomma.. in two days time, my college friend from Japan will be coming to visit his relative not far from our town area," she began to speak in riddle, hoping that her 'white lie' wouldn't be detected by her parents. Mr. Song was wondering where she was heading to, "Jinjja? So what does that have to do with you?"

 

"Omo.. could it be that he's the one you're currently dating?" Mrs. Song randomly asked to which her daughter immediately denied. "Ahneeoh! We're just friends from the same college. Since he wasn't familiar with this place, I offered to show him around.. is that okay?" Ji Hyo carefully structured her sentence so it didn't sound like she just made it up. Still, she felt worried if her words failed to convince her father, knowing that he was quite reluctant to allow her to go anyway alone with 'some' guy that she just knew. "Why must you trouble yourself for someone that you hardly know? He's just a peer to you.. isn't it?"

 

"Geok-jeong ma appa! Geum Ran will be tagging along with us," her eyes were glistening as she tried to persuade her father to give his permission. At first he was contemplating to say 'yes', but Mr. Song had to give in to Ji Hyo's request as his wife was also supporting their daughter's 'good intention'. He made the young woman promised to return home before dinner time, and she agreed without hesitation. "Gomawo appa! You're the best father in the universe!" Ji Hyo was shrieking in joy as she couldn't believe that she has succeeded in her mission to deceive the old man. Not wasting any time, she immediately sent a text message to Geum Ran - informing her about the good news. The two good friends agreed on the time and meeting place with a big hope that everything will go smoothly according to their plan. 

 

Inside of his official vehicle, Jaejoong had spaced out himself as he stared blankly at the scenery that was alien to him. Today, his manager was taking him for a site visit at the location for his fans meeting to discuss on the arrangements for that session. "Yaa flower boy! Are you even listening to what I'm saying?" his manager's voice had took him back to reality. Reluctantly, Jaejoong answered to his question, "Just do whatever is necessary. Wake me up when we have arrived." The hallyu star closed his eyes and pretended to fall asleep, as he wasn't in the mood for a chat about work. He was still restless because of the late shooting for a tv commercial, and now he had to travel again following his tight schedule. 

 

About twenty minutes later, the van stopped over at a local restaurant. Jaejoong was confused as he looked around the area, "Why are we stopping here? I thought we want to go straight to the location?". His manager explained about the plan, "We'll have our lunch here first before we continue with our journey. I heard that this is the best place to eat jajangmyeon." Jaejoong wasn't pleased with the idea of eating out at a small shop, as he would prefer to go to a fine-dining restaurant that matched with his image as a famous star. As usual, his manager just ignored his rebellious behaviour and threatened to leave him alone in the vehicle if he refused to step out from the van.

 

"You're lucky since I can't fire you!" Jaejoong kept passing the same remark to his manager who was also his brother. The hallyu star followed his manager's footstep and entered the old building of the family restaurant. The place was very unimpressive to him, with low-class interior and stuffy area that wasn't big enough to fit many people. Jaejoong put on his sunglasses and wore a cap to disguise himself, and he let his manager to do all the talking on behalf of him. "What would you like to order?" a young waitress attended to their table. After browsing through the menu, the manager requested for two sets of the chef's recommended dish with a couple of hot tea.

 

In less than 15 minutes, the same waitress returned to serve the food. Jaejoong was immediately attracted to the delicious smell of jajangmyeon, and without waiting for his drink he ate greedily like a hungry person who haven't had food for days. "I've told you that they have the best jajangmyeon in town!" the manager was happy to see that the hallyu star was totally enjoying the meal. But their happiness didn't last long when suddenly Jaejoong began to cough uncontrollably. "Yaa.. yaa! What's wrong with you?!" his manager asked in panic, as he saw that Jaejoong's face started to redden.

 

The flower boy stood up from his chair as he was having difficulty to breathe. That was when the waitress rushed to his aid while screaming at the men, "Step aside.. I'll help him!". Just like a trained medical officer, the woman wrapped her arms around his body and performed abdominal repeatedly. "Gwaenchanayo?" the waitress checked on his condition once the hallyu star was able to breathe normally. The woman was shocked as she saw his face, and that's when Jaejoong realized that he had accidentally dropped off his sunglasses while she was performing first aid on him. "Omo.. omo!! You're Kim Jaejoong, right?!" his saviour asking excitedly.

 

Out of panic and confusion, Jaejoong covered with his palm to stop her from saying his name out loud. "Yes I am.. but please keep it low!" he warned the waitress in a serious tone before removing his hand off . To protect his image, Jaejoong's manager thanked the waitress for her quick action and offered a couple of backstage passes to the woman as a token of appreciation. "Please don't tell anyone about it, especially to the reporters," his manager reminded the waitress before asking for her name. "I'm Song Ji Hyo.. Jaejoong's number one fan! Nice to meet you and thank you for coming to this restaurant," she bowed to them with a happy face, but the hallyu star just ignored her words.

 

"Ga-ja! We're running late," Jaejoong demanded to leave the place as he was too embarrassed to be saved by a woman. Ji Hyo was dissapointed with her favourite star's reaction, but the backstage passes that she got from the manager had cured her broken heart. She waved goodbye to the men as they walked out from the shop, although she knew that he wasn't even looking at her. "He touched my face! Jaejoong touched my face!" Ji Hyo shrieking excitedly as she cleaned up the table and returned to her work.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Ji Hyo kept the secret as promised and met Jaejoong at backstage all by herself

b) Ji Hyo told Geum Ran about the incident and went to meet Jaejoong at backstage together with her best friend