The Kitchen Drama

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

She took a quick glance at the hallyu star who was still busy cutting the fish behind the kitchen counter, then tiptoed to the farthest corner of the condominium. Once she felt that he wouldn't be able to eavesdrop her phone conversation, Ji Hyo pressed on the answer call button. "Yoboseyo.. ne Taeyang ssi," she ensured that her voice was very low so Jaejoong wouldn't notice that she was on the phone with another man.

 

The moment she replied, Taeyang asked in concern, "Ji Hyo ssi.. where are you? Is Jaejoong still in the studio?". He has been waiting alone at the restaurant for almost 2 hours, yet she hasn't arrived at the meeting place. Part of him was putting the blame on Jaejoong and accusing the hallyu star for intentionally taking his own sweet time to drive Ji Hyo to the restaurant, but on the other hand he assumed that they must have a good reason for being late.

 

Ji Hyo gulped nervously before she could answer Taeyang's questions. She didn't know how best to inform the man about the change of plan, all thanks to Jaejoong who made his own decision without discussing with her. Now she needed to come out with a good lie so Taeyang wouldn't be hurt. "Well.. actually.. I have to take him home because he's been vomiting on our way out. Jaejoong is not feeling well.. mianhae," her heart was pounding fast as she gave a false statement. She heard him sighing heavily over the phone, so Ji Hyo apologized to Taeyang for the second time.

 

"I really want to have lunch with you.. but never mind. Hope he gets better," there's a slight disappointment in his voice followed by an awkward silence for about 5 seconds. To fill in the gap, he decided to talk casually about his working schedule, "By the way.. Big Bang will be having a fans meeting this week. Would you like to come?". Ji Hyo giggled in excitement, "If I can bring along a date.. then it's a 'yes'!". But Taeyang was unhappy with the 'd' word. He was hoping that she wasn't attached to any form of relationship, and even devastating for him if she was referring to Jaejoong as her partner. "You.. you want to bring your boyfriend?" he reluctantly asked without wanting to hear her answer.

 

Ji Hyo chuckled as she denied his assumption, "Not boyfriend.. but my best friend, Geum Ran. Is that okay?". He was greatly relieved to know that she wasn't talking about a man, so Taeyang's voice became bright again. He replied to her in a joking manner, "If she's prettier than you.. that shouldn't be a problem!". They both had a good laugh, which later triggered the curiosity of the house owner.

 

His eyes were searching for Ji Hyo once he finished cooking the first dish, "Now where is that witch?". Jaejoong took off his apron and left the kitchen counter for a while to find his female guest. He stop few steps away from Ji Hyo who was facing the glass door, not wanting to disturb her conversation with someone. But jealousy was taking over his rational mind when he saw how happy she was while chatting with the other person over the phone.

 

He desparately wanted to cut short her conversation by planting a surprise kiss on her cheek, but Jaejoong was quick to realize that it was merely his wild imagination. The hallyu star began having a debate in his mind, 'Yaa Kim Jaejoong! What is wrong with you? You can't reward her with a kiss just because you like her.. she needs to earn it!'. "Mwo? I like her?" the words accidentally escaped from his mouth, causing Ji Hyo to startle because of his unexpected presence nearby. She quickly ended up the call with Taeyang and put on a blank face as she spoke to Jaejoong informally, "Were you talking to me? Or were you eavesdropping?".

 

"Yaa! Don't be flattered.. I'm not interested with your boring conversation! And what were you doing before? Why aren't the plates ready?!" he changed the topic to avoid from being interrogated by the woman. Jaejoong couldn't help from feeling nervous when she locked her eyes on him, as if it was obvious that Ji Hyo had caught him debating over giving her a kiss. The hallyu star immediately returned to his kitchen counter and focused on preparing his second dish, but he couldn't hide his anxiety as he was struggling to cut the beef.

 

Suddenly she heard him screaming in pain, and saw the hallyu star holding his index finger that was covered in blood. Ji Hyo immediately rushed to his aid - helping him to wash the cut area until the blood was clean. Jaejoong was fluttered with the way she held his index finger and blew some air on it, of which her gesture made him forgot about his pain for a little while. "Do you have first aid kit?" she asked him then walked towards the direction that he pointed.

 

Jaejoong was amazed to see how good she was in nursing his injury, so he kept staring at the woman without saying a word. Not aware of his reaction, Ji Hyo nagging the hallyu star for his carelessness. "So who's going to finish the cooking?" she became grumpy when she didn't have food filling in her empty stomach. Ji Hyo was way behind her usual lunch hour, so the lioness inside of her will roar until she gets to eat something. But Jaejoong scolded her for being impatient, "Do you really need to ask that? Ppali! Cut the beef the way I did!".

 

Honestly she hardly done any cooking in her life, as she has been living with her parents and surviving on fast food as an average student. The way she held the knife was quite awkward, which made Jaejoong felt annoyed and worried at the same time. Spontaneously, he placed his hand on top of hers to demonstrate the correct way of handling the knife. Now it was his turn to nag her, "Aish.. what kind of a woman who doesn't know how to cook?".

 

Offended by his comment, Ji Hyo yelled at the hallyu star, "Yaa! Do you think that every woman was born to be a chef?!". "Isn't that a prerequisite for a woman to become a wife?" Jaejoong scoffed at Ji Hyo, only to realize that he might have said it the wrong way. "It's way too early for me to be someone's wife! And even if I'm getting married in the near future.. I'll make sure that my husband is a great cook!" she said it proudly.

 

"Yaa.. listen to yourself! Aren't you ashamed to admit that as a woman?"

"Why should I feel ashamed? It's normal for educated woman like me to stay away from the kitchen.. and if you want to know, guy who cooked for his girlfriend is so romantic!"

"Or maybe stupid!" he smirked at her.

"So you're calling yourself stupid?" she smiled smugly.

"I don't cook for woman!" he abruptly said.

 

"So what were you doing just now? Aren't you cooking some food for me?" she felt awesome for winning the argument. But her happiness didn't last long when he rebutted, "Don't get me wrong.. but I don't see you as a woman!". The smile on her face immediately disappeared, as his words were so sharp that they cut her heart and made it bleed. "So why did you kissed me?" it was an easy question from her, yet Jaejoong had no better explanation to offer.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong finally admitted that he likes her, but he was too afraid to be in a serious relationship with a woman given his status as a hallyu star

b) Jaejoong convinced Ji Hyo that he did it as a revenge for what she did during the fans meeting, but at the same time he demanded her to pretend to be his girlfriend in front of Taeyang