It's Getting Complicated!

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

He accidentally spitting out drink from his mouth upon hearing Taeyang's proposal to Ji Hyo. All eyes widen on him, not expecting his overreaction in public area. "Yaa! Noh micheossoh?! What makes you think she will accept you?!" Jaejoong criticized his rival for his quick-witted move to win over the same woman that made their heart race faster in one beat. Jaejoong knew they were both fallen under her spell, that only she could cure them with her magical presence. But if Ji Hyo agreed to be Taeyang's girlfriend, then his whole world will collapse. Jaejoong will lost his chance to fight for their relationship, and forever he won't be able to forgive himself for his late confession.

 

But Taeyang wasn't an easy opponent. That man has his own charm, which Jaejoong had to admit. Not only Ji Hyo, any woman will fall for Taeyang's quality as a guy. So who would be crazy enough to decline Taeyang's proposal? - that thought kept haunting Jaejoong's mind. "What makes you think that she won't? It's not like she's been dating you!" Taeyang's eyes were snapped with anger. He can't lose the battle just because someone questioned his action. Ji Hyo knew who he is, so he became overly confident that she will accept him without a doubt.

 

"Mianhaeyo.. I don't think this is the best time to talk about it!" Ji Hyo pushed back her chair agitatedly and stood up in disappointment. She had enough being the subject of discussion at the table, especially when her best friend was there to witness everything. "Frankly this is the worst dinner I had in my life! I thought you two are grownups.. but all I'm seeing right now are two little kids who didn't know how to respect others! Kaja Geum Ran.. let's leave these two babo so they can continue with their bickering!"

 

Not having a choice, Geum Ran allowed her best friend to drag her out although she hasn't finished her food. She turned around and saw the two guys chasing after them, "They're following us.. otteoke?". But Ji Hyo didn't say a word, instead she increased her walking pace without looking back. Too bad that the girls do not have a transport, so they had to stop and wait for a taxi. "Where are you going?" Jaejoong was the first to grab on Ji Hyo's arm before Taeyang. She furiously released herself from the hallyu star. Ji Hyo shot at him with dagger eyes when she said, "I don't need to hang around you like twenty-four seven! I'm really sick of listening to your nagging so just leave me alone!"

 

"You've heard her! She came here with me.. so I'm the one who will send her home," Taeyang barged in and tried to take Ji Hyo's hand, but she wouldn't let him. "You too.. just stay away and don't force me to go with you! I can't believe that both of you will leverage on me just to revenge each other. Am I not a person to you?!" Ji Hyo burst out her frustration before getting on a taxi with Geum Ran. The two men could only watched their woman disappeared from their sight, not able to win her heart or make her stay. "This is all your fault! We're supposed to have our first dinner together and you just had to ruin everything!" Taeyang began to blame his rival.

 

Jaejoong responded by pushing Taeyang away with his two hands and said, "Mwo? My fault?! Yaa! Who gave you the permission to date her?! If you have problem with me just say it to my face but don't drag her into our war!". Consumed by anger, Taeyang grabbed on Jaejoong's collar, "Yes I have problem with you! You are the reason that she's hesitated to be my girl just because she was afraid of breaking up your stupid emotion!". The next second Taeyang was falling on the floor after receiving a punch from Jaejoong who translated his wrath with his fist. He wiped out the blood from his lower lip, yet he wouldn't attempt to fight back as crowd were gathering around them.

 

"Consider this as my last warning. Stay away from Ji Hyo or I will 'reward' you with a better punch on your face!" Jaejoong raised his voice to intimidate his opponent. He left the area before anyone would notice their true identity while trying very hard to reach Ji Hyo through her handphone. Still feeling the pain on his jaw, Taeyang locked his eyes on Jaejoong until the man was no longer visible to him. His heart was burning in flame. No one dare to threaten him in public, but Jaejoong really pushed him to the darkest corner of his heart. Taeyang felt the urge to revenge for depriving his dignity, "Dream on, Jaejoong. I won't give up that easily.. this is a battle between real men so you'll need to work harder to get what you want. I'll make sure that Ji Hyo will choose me in the end and you will have nothing but your ego!"

 

Her mobile kept ringing throughout the journey in a taxi. Seeing that Ji Hyo had been ignoring the call, Geum Ran became curious, "Aren't you going to answer that?". "What for? I already know which idiot that is!" Ji Hyo was very irritated. She took out her handphone and switched it off. Geum Ran kept observing the strange behaviour of her best friend. She tried to understand what was going on between her and the guys, "Who are those guys actually? Are they really Japanese?". "Just some idiots I know from the university. Not that important," she answered reluctantly, hoping that Geum Ran will not ask any further.

 

"Well.. I think you do like one of the idiots," Geum Ran smiled, waiting for Ji Hyo to blurt out the truth. As expected, her best friend became defensive when she said, "No I don't! Do I look like someone who will fall for that type of guys?!". Geum Ran giggled, "But it was obvious that you like one of them. I can tell you which one.. it's Taekashi's cousin!". Suddenly Ji Hyo's heart was pounding fast that she felt it could explode at anytime. Was Geum Ran right about it? She herself couldn't tell her feeling about Jaejoong, but what makes her best friend so sure that she likes him?

 

Not knowing how to respond to Geum Ran's statement, Ji Hyo anxiously asked, "Why do you say that?". "You didn't say yes to Taekashi straight away.. even though he's genuinely showing his interest in you. That means you didn't want to upset Jaeriko.. because you like him that much!", her sharp observation had caught Ji Hyo by surprise. Geum Ran was indeed her true best friend who knows her inside out. It was almost impossible to hide anything from her, but Ji Hyo had to give her best to keep her little secret just for a bit longer.

 

"You have a very interesting theory Geum Ran, but I think you've been watching too many k-drama!" Ji Hyo was still denying the truth, to which made her best friend felt slightly disappointed. Geum Ran assumed that Ji Hyo wasn't ready to open up with her, so she decided to give her best friend some space to think. "Geok-jeong ma. I will not judge you based on whoever you choose to be your boyfriend later on, but can you spare one of those two hot guys for me?" Geum Ran smiled sheepishly, and both of them just laughing awkwardly to wrap up the talk.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong asked for Geum Ran to help him to win Ji Hyo's attention, but Ji Hyo had wrong perception on the two when she found them secretly meeting behind her back

b) Ji Hyo agreed to meet up with Taeyang to clarify the situation, and decided to keep her relationship with Jaejoong strictly professional as she wasn't sure of his feeling towards her

c) Author's choice