A Day With Geum Ran

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

Ji Hyo leaned her body against the glass wall of the restaurant - still debating whether her eyes were telling lies when she saw her best friend out on a 'date' with Jaejoong. The image of Geum Ran placing her hand on top of his hand was so vivid in her mind. Question after question kept barging in her head, yet none was answered. What were the two doing in there without her? Why did they refused to inform her about their meeting? But the weirdest part was.. how did they became so close after just a single meeting?

 

"Aish! Why should I care? I'm supposed to feel happy that Geum Ran has helped me to keep that jerk busy!" Ji Hyo denied the fact that she was envied seeing her best friend having a good time with her 'boss'. She turned around to check the 'couple' one last time, but quickly disappeared into a hidden corner when she caught her 'targets' moving towards her. "Omo.. that was close! Now where are they going?" she managed to hide herself from being detected by Jaejoong and Geum Ran who walked out from the restaurant and headed to the same direction.

 

Out of curiosity, Ji Hyo spied on the 'couple' just a few steps behind. She tried to eavesdrop their conversation, but couldn't get close enough to hear the words that the two were saying to each other. She was surprised when Geum Ran dragged the hallyu star into a local pet shop - one of her favourite places to hangout everytime she came back from college. "Yaa.. is she asking him to buy her a pet? What the.. and that jerk! I thought he wouldn't even want to step into such place! But suddenly he changed his mind because of her?" Ji Hyo began to make conclusion which purely driven by her emotion.

 

Honestly he felt the place is filthy and disgusting, with strong odour coming from the cats and dogs that were locked in the cages. Jaejoong hates fur and anything that comes with it, so a pet shop is definitely not in his list. "Yaa! Get that thing away from me!" he scowled at Geum Ran when she tried to pass on a puppy to him. The way he responded made Geum Ran giggled, "You should learn to hold this 'thing' if you want to get close to Ji Hyo! She loves coming here every weekend and play with the cute animals since her parents wouldn't allow her to have one!".

 

Next, Geum Ran took him to a mini arcade. The area was too crowded with teenagers, and the sound from the game machines was too loud for those who are not familiar with the environment. Using his hands to cover his ears from the noises, Jaejoong had to speak in a loud voice to Geum Ran, "Yaa.. what is this terrible place?! Are you telling me that Ji Hyo likes to waste her time with these?!". "Actually.. both of us really love to be here! We will come at least twice a week after lunch time. Our favourite game is over there!" Geum Ran replied and dragged Jaejoong to the basketball arcade game. She invited him to take a shot, but Jaejoong refused to play and just crossed his arms as he watched Geum Ran finishing the game on her own.

 

"First they were playing with the dog.. and now my favourite game? Seriously?!" Ji Hyo felt her heart was burning in flame as she observed the activities that were done by Geum Ran and Jaejoong in the arcade. Her evil mind wanted to ruin their 'date' by interrupting the 'fun time', but fortunately she managed to control her naughty thoughts with her little conscience. Ji Hyo reminded herself over and over again as she took a deep breath, "Don't be a fool, Ji Hyo! You have no right to disturb their relationship. Remember.. Geum Ran is your best friend and you're just a slave to him!"

 

Jaejoong and Geum Ran had no idea that Ji Hyo was following them even to their final destination - the music store. The hallyu star immediately recognized the area, "Omo.. this.. this place too?!". Not to Geum Ran's knowledge, it was the same music store where Jaejoong saw Ji Hyo singing and dancing to his song. He still remember the way she looked at him and called him 'ert', then later he chased her and hit Ji Hyo's head with his shoe. That place has a bittersweet memory of his first official argument with the woman whom he called a 'witch'.

 

"Remember I've told you that Ji Hyo is the number one fan of Jaejoong? So of course she will come here and look for that guy's new song," Geum Ran paused for a while, then prompted a question, "Hey.. want to know a secret?". Jaejoong curiosity was easily triggered, "What is it?". The woman chuckled as she whispered to him, "Someone used to stalk Ji Hyo in this music store and throw a shoe at her! I wonder who is that crazy guy! Too bad he can't get his shoe back!".

 

Jaejoong almost yelled at Geum Ran for calling him 'crazy', but he realized that Geum Ran had no idea that she was talking about him since he was disguising as Jaeriko. Casually, he asked about the shoe, "So.. does she still have it? I mean.. that guy's shoe?". Geum Ran shrugged, "I don't know. Maybe she ended up throwing it into the dustbin!".

 

"Noh michi.. ah, mianhae. I was just surprised that she threw away such an expensive shoe," Jaejoong almost screaming in frustration after he heard what has happened to his designer shoe. However, Geum Ran has detected something fishy about his statement, "How did you know that the shoe is expensive? I don't remember saying anything like that to you.."

 

"I was just assuming that!" Jaejoong replied in panic. Fortunately Geum Ran didn't question any further and continued to browse through the rack of CDs. Jaejoong took the opportunity to ask one burning question, "Do you.. by chance.. know if Ji Hyo also likes Taeyang? I mean.. does she like to listen to Big Bang's songs?". "Hmm.. not as much as Jaejoong. So far i haven't seen any poster of Taeyang or Big Bang in her room. Wae?" Geum Ran replied.

 

Jaejoong couldn't stop smiling, "So there's no way she would fall for any guy except Jaejoong.. right?".

"Maybe.. but why are you asking?"

"It's nothing.. I just want to make sure that we have something in common. We both 'love' Kim Jaejoong!" he proudly announced.

Geum Ran pretended to be surprised, "Omo.. are you gay or something? Did you said you 'love' Jaejoong?"

 

The hallyu star immediately corrected himself and tried to explain what he meant to say, but Geum Ran ended up laughing at the innocent man. "Yaa.. I was just teasing you! Of course I understand what you're saying!" the lady giggled and nudged his arm in a friendly way. Feeling irritated being tricked by Geum Ran, Jaejoong poked her forehead, "You're such a naughty girl.. do you know that?". "Yaa! That hurts!" Geum Ran rubbed her forehead to protest. Jaejoong smirked and grabbed her hand all of the sudden. "Aish this guy! Where do you think you're going?!" she yelled at him, to which he replied, "You've told me to find a present for Ji Hyo.. remember? Kaja! My time is precious."

 

From afar, Ji Hyo had witnessed the 'intimacy' between her best friend and Jaejoong. A strange feeling began to fill her heart, giving her such an uncomfortable sensation that travelled throughout her nerves system. A part of her wanted to cry in pain, while the other part was screaming in anger. She became confused with her own emotion. Is this what people called as 'jealousy'? Is that a good sign?

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong made all the preparations for his first date with Ji Hyo, but she refused to go out with him and decided to spend her time with Taeyang as she assumed that Jaejoong was dating Geum Ran

b) Jaejoong instructed Ji Hyo to spend a day with him and took her to the places that were recommended by Geum Ran, but their 'date' was cut short because of a 'fake' emergency call from Taeyang

c) Author's choice