My Stupid Confession

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

Ji Hyo turned around to face the man. There's something different about his stare. It wasn't as cold as he usually have, but more deep and soft which is so not the Jaejoong she knew. His hands were still hanging around her waist, as if he wanted to close the distance between them. So far, it really worked the way he wanted.

 

"What are you doing?" Ji Hyo couldn't help but feeling nervous by his action. Jaejoong just smiled mysteriously. His eyes were still fixed on her, making the lady felt suffocated from his irregular stare. At this point of time, she wished that he wouldn't be able to hear her fast beating heart or notice the splash of pink on her face. That only happened whenever they stood so near to each other plus a bit of skinship between them.

 

But then he burst into laughter, "Are you trembling? Does the powerful 'witch Ji Hyo' suddenly became scared of the 'great Jaejoong'?". The way he make fun of her had triggered the lady's rage. To get even with him, Ji Hyo purposely stomped on Jaejoong's foot - causing the hallyu star to let go of his hands and screaming in pain while holding his injured leg. He was slightly upset when she displayed her usual aggressive behaviour, "Yaa! Is hurting other people one of your hobbies?! Aish!"

 

Ji Hyo scoffed at his criticism, "When that person is you.. it naturally becomes my habit!"

"Mwo? Yaa.. Song Ji Hyo ssi! Were you born as a lady or a bully?! Didn't they teach you manners in college?!" Jaejoong scowled.

"So what if I'm a bully? Do you regret having me as your slave?!" she yelled back at him and he hissed in annoyance.

"Aish.. what makes you think I will let you go that easily? Andwae! We already have a deal and.. and.."

"And what?!" Ji Hyo mocked him.

"And I don't want to lose you!" his confession escaped from his lips before he was ready for it. That wasn't his plan.

 

Now their eyes were glued on each other. None of them could say a word for a long minute. Jaejoong literally had a panic attack. He was too scared to read Ji Hyo's mind after he blurted out his feeling. On the contrary, Ji Hyo was still trying to comprehend what she just heard from the hallyu star. She has a doubt that Jaejoong was sincere with his confession, judging from the way he's been behaving around her. The flower boy had never failed to invite her into an argument, step on her pride in every conversation that they had or give her a hard time whenever he got the chance to. Everything he did was not even close to describe that he has fallen for her. So Ji Hyo decided to just laugh at his empty words.

 

"What's so funny?" Jaejoong felt offended. He gazed at the woman with bigger eyes, yet she didn't stop giggling. Ji Hyo almost shed a tear out of amusement due to his act of innocent, "Do you seriously think I will fall for that? Aish.. michi!". But she didn't expect the hallyu star to suddenly poke her on the forehead, "Yaa! Noh micheossoh?".

 

"For a college student.. you're really slow when it comes to guys. Do you know that?!" Jaejoong let out his disappointment. She pouted her lips and walked away from the hallyu star, wanting to avoid from arguing with the cold-hearted man. Jaejoong followed her steps and continued to babble, "Don't turn your back on me lady! I am not done talking!"  

 

Ji Hyo sat on the couch and placed Jaeji on her lap, "Like I care! Your words have no meaning for me." "Mwo? No meaning? Yaa.. don't you know that Kim Jaejoong wouldn't simply confess to any woman? Aish.. I knew you will be like this!" he took her hand and grabbed Ji Hyo to his home studio. Of course she was surprised by his act - thinking that he was planning to settle the score once and for all. Her heart began to pound in fear. Innocently, she prayed for God to 'protect' her from his lust.

 

The woman tried very hard to release her hand from his grip, but Jaejoong was holding it firmly. Ji Hyo had no choice but to follow the man to his studio, "You better have a good explanation for dragging me in here!". The hallyu star just ignored her warning and went on to get something from his drawer. While she nervously looking around and observing his posters on the wall of the studio, Jaejoong came closer and put on his headphones on Ji Hyo. She looked at his face in puzzled, but he casually said, "I want you to listen to my new song and tell me what you think."

 

Ji Hyo was finally able to feel at ease and began to focus on the music as he pressed on the play button. She became confused the moment she heard the familiar song, "Mwo?! Isn't this from your previous album?". Jaejoong prevented Ji Hyo from taking off the headphones, "I'm flattered that you remember it well.. but can you just listen to it and save your questions later?"

 

Through the headphones, Ji Hyo was listening to Jaejoong's song titled "I'll Protect You":

{I want to protect you

Even your bad habits make me smile when I'm tired

Although it may be difficult

I'm going to say I love you

Until the day you first come into my arms

 

I can't smile, I can't remember even when I smiled

Today also feels like it may dissappear like a dream

When I open my eyes

Even when I see you, I feel like you aren't with me

I guess I'm still awkward at expressing my feelings to you.}

 

The song was played partially, then followed by Jaejoong's pre-recorded voice message:

 

To the girl who 'cursed' me with her beauty,

Honestly, you're not the type of woman that I.. Kim Jaejoong should be dating.. what more to be part of the world that I live in

You're just an average student.. living in a small house with your parents who run a small restaurant in town

Unlike other girl, you're rough like a man.. stubborn and always argue over silly matters

If I were to compare you with other women that I have dated, sadly you have nothing.. not even money or fame to start with

But why do I keep wanting you? Why does my heart beat wildly when we're together? What makes you so special that I couldn't get enough of your presence every single hour?

Now I don't even know myself anymore.. you've made me chose for something less than what I've always expected in a woman

So I figured that you must be a witch.. because only a witch can defeat the great Kim Jaejoong and make him a miserable man

And I'm a miserable man without you..

You.. the woman who has nothing.. has captivated the heart of this prince and make him confused with his own feeling

Until I'm able to figure out what you really mean to me.. please stay close and don't go missing for whatever reason

I want to explore this relationship with you.. so take your eyes off any other man and never invite them into your heart

Because from this moment on.. Kim Jaejoong is the only one for you.

 

The voice message ended. Ji Hyo slowly took off the headphones. She was speechless - not sure how to respond to his arrogant statements that she just heard. His words were harsh, but at the same time they made her heart fluttered. Did he just confess to his 'slave' that he actually had fallen for her? What was he thinking?

 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Ji Hyo agreed to have a relationship with Jaejoong, but she couldn't tell anyone yet as Jaejoong wasn't ready to introduce her as his girlfriend

b) Ji Hyo refused to have a relationship with Jaejoong until he is very certain with his own feeling towards her and no longer treat her as his slave

c) Author's choice