An Uninvited Guest

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

"Song Ji Hyo? Omo.. what's going on here?" no one was able to answer Geum Ran's question. The three of them were exchanging stare at each other, wondering if they heard the young singer clearly. His fingers gently tapping on the piano keys and a familiar rhythm captured Ji Hyo's attention almost immediately. She knew that song very well:

 

{Please, please just once

Look into my eyes 

Even if you hate it, just once

Hold my two hands

I'm telling you that I'm sorry

I'm on my knees

I'm sorry, that I didn't do enough for you}.

 

The song "So It Is" reminded Ji Hyo of the way Jaejoong cuddled her body from the back as he sang the lyrics to her. There was something different about that hug, but she couldn't tell what it was. She also remembered all the bickering that coloured their friendship - from the day they had their first argument at the music store right to the recent quarrel at the shopping mall. Her mind took her back to their first kiss outside of her house and refreshed the moment when her heart was racing fast for him. All the bittersweet memories were playing vividly in her mind, as if she was watching a k-drama starring Jaejoong and herself as the main leads. The song hit her heart so deep that everything around her began to fade away.

 

'Why am I hearing his voice behind that song? Am I imagining him?' Ji Hyo questioned her insanity until her eyes captured a strange hooded guy who went on stage to sing the second verse of the song:

 

{What about him is so much better than me?

Is it better than our time together?

What did you guys do that let him get to you?

How much warmer was that path?

Are you trying to leave? Are you trying to leave?

How could this kind of breakup come to me?}

 

Somehow she felt that the lyrics were describing about her connection to Taeyang. Ji Hyo observed the facial expression of her male companion, and it was obvious that he wasn't happy with the choice of the song and the hooded guy who kept gazing at their table as he sang his heart out. Ji Hyo had a strong feeling that she owe an explanation to her best friend. But right now, she just let Geum Ran enjoying the show like other people:

 

{After meeting that guy of yours

I can tell he's not the one for you

What's your reason for seeing a guy like that?

I'd at least treat you better

Come back, come back

I'll try harder, I'll make sure you won't regret it}.

 

The hooded man slowly approaching their table as he sang the chorus part. Ji Hyo felt her heart skipped a beat when he bended on one knee and reached out his hand to her, while the crowd went wild and chanting for her to take his hand. But her body wasn't cooperating. She blankly watched the hooded guy singing for her without giving any response to his gesture until the song ended. Honestly she was more interested to take off the man's sunglasses and his cap so she could confirm his identity.

 

"Are you going to ignore me again?" the hooded man lowered his glasses and gazed at Ji Hyo whose eyes were widen in disbelief. Though she has already guessed who he was, but seeing Jaejoong right in front of her eyes with the presence of Geum Ran was a huge surprise - enough to make her feel disoriented. She doesn't want her best friend to feel betrayed. She was going to tell her about Jaejoong, but the time wasn't right. Ji Hyo became more nervous when Geum Ran asked, "Jwesong hamnida.. but who are you?".

 

Spontaneously Ji Hyo answered on behalf, "This is Jaeriko.. cousin to Taekashi." Both Jaejoong and Taeyang chorused "Cousin?" in surprise and glaring at each other unhappily. They really disliked the idea of pretending to be family, but the two hallyu stars had to play along with the characters just to help Ji Hyo in protecting her little secret. "Yaa my 'cousin', did I invite you to join our table?" Taeyang gazed at Jaejoong who shamelessly sat on the empty chair next to Ji Hyo.

 

"Family should eat together.. am I right Ji Hyo?" Jaejoong smirked as he turned to the woman next to him for a response.

"But family should also respect each other's privacy," Taeyang scowled.

"Privacy? This is a public area.. not your personal space!" Jaejoong rebutted.

"The last time I checked we reserved this table for three.. so intruder is not welcome!" Taeyang raised his voice.

"Who is the real intruder here? Ji Hyo is my assistant so I have the right to be with her!" Jaejoong defended his action.

 

"Will you two stop it?! I'm here for dinner.. not listening to your childish argument!" Ji Hyo scolded the guys. Both men have disappointed her. People were start looking at them in annoyance because of their loud conversation. Ji Hyo was ashamed with all the dramas that shouldn't be witnessed by Geum Ran. Embarrassed by the behaviour of the hallyu stars, Ji Hyo dragged her best friend to accompany her to the washroom.

 

Still clueless about the situation, Geum Ran seek for an explanation, "What exactly is going on, Ji Hyo? Why are they fighting like that?". "Honestly I have no idea what went wrong between them. All I know they are using me to make each other jealous," Ji Hyo sighed. She stared at her reflection on the mirror, wondering if her assumption is right. Then suddenly Geum Ran found an interesting theory, "Omo.. does that mean both of them like you.. I mean.. really like you as a woman?".

 

Ji Hyo had not thought of that. There's no way famous celebrity such as Jaejoong and Taeyang would grow a feeling for a poor girl like her. They were too superior to be her man. None of them could fit into her small world. She has nothing, but Jaejoong and Taeyang have everything. They don't have reason to settle down with her when there's a list of beautiful ladies waiting in line for them to choose from. "Look at me, Geum Ran. I'm just a daughter to a family who runs a small business in town.. whereas the two guys are born rich and need not worry about money or their future. Do you think it makes sense that they like me as a woman?".

 

At the table, the situation was getting intense between the hallyu stars. "Just leave this place while I'm being nice to you," Taeyang warned in a firm voice, but it didn't affect Jaejoong.

"Whatever you're trying to do.. you should stop now," Jaejoong replied.

"Do what?" Taeyang asked.

"I know you were trying to flirt with Ji Hyo."

"I'm not flirting with her. I really like her so you should back off!"

"No you back off! Ji Hyo doesn't like you.. you're just a friend to her!"

Taeyang scoffed, "It doesn't take long for me to change that. I'm a better man for her and you know that!"

Jaejoong faked a laugh, "Yaa.. you can ask Ji Hyo who is her favourite star.. Kim Jaejoong or Taeyang from Big Bang?"

 

"Have you two make peace?" Ji Hyo interrupted their heated conversation and led to an awkward silence. Both girls sat back on their chairs, waiting for the men to say a word. All of a sudden, Taeyang put down his chopsticks and prompted a brave question, "Ji Hyo aah.. will you be my girlfriend?"

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Ji Hyo accepted Taeyang's proposal just to make Jaejoong jealous, but Jaejoong responded by asking Geum Ran to date him

b) Ji Hyo apologized to Taeyang as she doesn't want to upset Jaejoong, so she left the restaurant with Geum Ran because of guilt