Because You're My Witch

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

The awkward silence lasted for about 10 seconds, but it felt longer for Ji Hyo. Jaejoong hasn't reply her question and he purposely avoided any eyes contact with her. He made himself busy with the cooking and ignored her presence in the kitchen. Only when she yelled his name did Jaejoong finally responded in an irritated way, "Does it matter?! We haven't finished with the cooking and I'm really hungry right now! Can we just focus on the dish?".

 

Ji Hyo had to agree with him. They have yet to eat lunch although it was almost 4pm. Her stomach has been growling for food, and on top of that her body was still weary from her busy morning slavery. After setting up the table for two, Ji Hyo slammed herself on the couch and stretched out her tired muscles. Her eyes roaming around Jaejoong's luxury home, while her mind imagining a life of a superstar. She visualized Jaejoong watching himself on tv, writing song while playing the piano and picking up his best outfit for a photo shoot. His life seems to be exciting, except for one thing.

 

When she saw him putting his best effort to cook for lunch, she couldn't help but wonder if that was the first time he gets to do it. The space is too big for a single man to live all by himself, what more having no one to speak to and to eat with. Ji Hyo began to feel sorry for the hallyu star. She could tell that he is lonely. Though Jaejoong has a lot of fans, but going back to his 'empty' home only reminded the fact that he has no one to look forward to after a busy day at work.

 

"Finally! Let's eat," he sat on the chair and spooned the dishes onto his plate without waiting for Ji Hyo. It's not that he didn't welcome her to join him at the table, but the habit of eating alone made him that way. He has no reason to wait for anyone in his home, so Jaejoong only took care of his own needs. "You must be damn starving," she scoffed while choosing to seat in opposite to the hallyu star. Jaejoong looked up at her and stop shoving food into his mouth, "What was that supposed to mean?".

 

Ji Hyo let out a small laugh as she spoke, "Ah ni.. I'm just saying it since you didn't wait for me to take a seat. I'm hungry too, you know!". "Then stop being absurd and just eat! Or do you need a formal invitation for that?" he mocked her while feeding his mouth with a piece of sliced beef. Honestly she found that his rudeness was rather annoying, but Ji Hyo has adapted herself to it. She assumed that maybe living alone made him 'forgot' what it's like to have a companion.

 

She waited for him to start a conversation over lunch, but it seems like Jaejoong was more interested with the food. So Ji Hyo just quietly enjoying her meal, but her eyes kept stealing a glance at the man in front of her. She was searching for a sign that he appreciates her presence as a guest, so it wouldn't be too awkward for her to be there. Yet he kept his silence until he finished up his food. "Waa.. that was good!" Jaejoong praised his own cooking as he gulped down the last bite.

 

That was the sign that she could picked up the conversation that they had earlier, "So can you tell me now why did you kissed me?". His eyes widen in disbelief as he thought she would never ask the same question again, "Aish this girl! You still can't get over it?". Ji Hyo nodded enthusiastically and immediately put down her chopsticks. He let out a heavy sigh, knowing that he has no choice but to answer to that question, "Would you want me to say what you want me to say or should I give you my honest reply?".

 

Ji Hyo began to lose her patience, "Of course I want you to be honest!"

"But I'm warning you.. the truth can hurt!" he smirked.

"I don't care.. ppali-ppali!" she insisted.

 

Jaejoong took a deep breath. He tried his best to avoid from having to give his answer - not that he doesn't want to, but because he himself wasn't sure his own reason to plant that kiss. Was he jealous seeing her with Taeyang? Or did he do it to stop her from nagging at his face? Or was it because.. he has fallen for that witch?

 

He was confused. Jaejoong shook his head a couple of times just to clear up his cluttered mind. He wanted to make sure that the answer he gave her would stop Ji Hyo from asking the same question again - just in case he repeated what he did in the future. "Since you asked for it, I'm going to say it to your face. I.. I did it to revenge for what you did to me during the fans meeting. No woman has denied my kiss.. so I can't let you escape that easily! Happy now?"

 

Of course she wasn't happy to hear it, but Ji Hyo just kept her disappointment to herself. Since she forced him to tell the truth, she can't blame the hallyu star for saying it as what it is. Now that she finally understood how he really felt towards her, Ji Hyo decided to set a boundary in their 'relationship'. "Geurae! So we're even now. That means we have nothing left to say to each other once my slavery period is over," she used a cold voice to express her firmness. Little she knew that her words had caught Jaejoong by surprise. All these while he thought that their love-hate relationship would never end. They will always find a good reason to bicker at each other and that will bring them closer. Since he got to know her (though it was for a wrong reason), Jaejoong found himself 'attracted' to the beautiful witch by the name Song Ji Hyo.

 

"Don't be too confident that it will be over so soon! I haven't done getting my revenge on you and that kiss.. it's just the beginning," he smirked at Ji Hyo while hiding his fear of 'losing' that woman. For now he let her believed that he wasn't into her, but that doesn't mean that Ji Hyo is free to date anyone especially Taeyang. He remembered the smile that appeared on her face everytime she talked to that man, so he has to make it stop before they went too far.

 

"By the way.. I don't want you to be too close to Taeyang. If I see you talking to him or going out with that guy behind my back.. I will double your slavery period! Arachi?" Jaejoong set a new rule to his advantage. Ji Hyo couldn't believe that he shamelessly threaten her after he made her went through hell since the morning. Furthermore, she didn't see how her friendship with Taeyang has anything to do with her 'responsibility' towards Jaejoong. Out of curiosity, she questioned his motive for limiting her involvement with Taeyang, "Why do you care if I'm being nice to him? It's not like I purposely search for Taeyang.. we met by coincidence!".

 

"Whatever.. but if he ask you out, just tell him that you're my girlfriend!" Jaejoong had no idea how he came out with that proposal, but he really impressed with the way his brain worked.

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Taeyang attempted to ask Ji Hyo out for dinner, but she declined due to Jaejoong's warning and her promise to her parents

b) Ji Hyo accepted Taeyang's invitation to dinner without informing Jaejoong, but she had to bring along Geum Ran so that her parents wouldn't be suspicious of her