Maybe Not Right Now

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

"What's with that face? You don't like it?" Jaejoong was getting nervous to interpret Ji Hyo's mind after she listened to his indirect confession. Before that, he has been rehearsing the moment for more than five times, of which the hallyu star never really consider the possibility of getting rejected due to his fame and fortune as a celebrity. But judging from Ji Hyo's blank expression, Jaejoong began to lose his confident. It seems like she wasn't totally 'impressed' with the way he woo her.

 

Although she should be happy that he wanted to explore their relationship to the next level, Ji Hyo couldn't help from having a doubt about it. First - Jaejoong himself is a 'star' beyond her reach. Second - she wasn't sure if there's something going on between the man and her best friend, Geum Ran. Third - all these while they never really get along well with each other. And lastly - she couldn't find a good reason why someone like Jaejoong would want to date an average girl like her.

 

"What do you want me to say?" suddenly she lost her ability to rebut or respond to his words. Jaejoong hissed in annoyance, "Do I really have to teach you everything? Is this the first time that a man confessed to you?". "The truth is.. it doesn't sound like a confession to me.. and what makes you think that I will betray my own best friend?" she accidentally spoke her mind, only to realize that she might disclosed the fact that she has been stalking him previously. Fortunately, Jaejoong was clueless when she mentioned about Geum Ran, "Betray who? Yaa.. this girl! Are you trying to confuse me?!"

 

Ji Hyo let out a sigh, "Whatever.. just forget it. About your 'so-called' confession.. I will pretend that it never happened, so we can continue our 'contractual relationship' without being awkward to each other. Can't wait for this to be over.."

"Wae? Because you have Taeyang? Is that it?!" Jaejoong raised his voice.

"Taeyang has nothing to do with my decision!"

"Ah.. jeongmal? So why were you drooling all over him?!"

"No I'm not!"

"Yes you did!"

"Can you prove that?!"

 

"I can ask Geum Ran to testify!" Jaejoong thought he has won the argument. The hallyu star scoffed at Ji Hyo while crossing his arms on his chest just like a boss, but to his surprise Ji Hyo nonchalantly replied, "By all means.. you can ask her if you want! I have nothing to hide.. unlike 'some' people!". Right after she said that, Ji Hyo received a phone call from Taeyang. Jaejoong noticed the caller ID and shrieked furiously, "There! That's the proof! He always calls you.. isn't he?!".

 

As Ji Hyo didn't want Jaejoong to win, she simply rejected the call just to prove her words. "Well, I can always refuse to answer.. can't I?" she smirked at him, but unfortunately Taeyang made another phone call to her. Afraid that it must be something urgent, Ji Hyo hesitatedly accepted the call in front of Jaejoong. "See! I knew you will pick it up!" the hallyu star commented while pointing his index finger at the woman. Ji Hyo had to turn her back on Jaejoong in order to speak to Taeyang, but he swiftly stole her handphone and made her screamed a loud  "Yaa!" to him.

 

"This is Kim Jaejoong! Stop calling Ji Hyo's number from now on.. she is MY date so find another woman to harass!" Jaejoong gave a strong warning to Taeyang while avoiding Ji Hyo who was trying very hard to take back her handphone. "Yaa Kim Jaejoong! Noh micheossoh?! Stop fooling around or I will hit you!" she scolded him, but the man just ignored her and that made him received a kick on his leg from Ji Hyo. "Yaa! Why do you keep doing that?!" Jaejoong yelled in pain. That's when Ji Hyo was able to get back her handphone and quickly apologized to Taeyang.

 

She sensed that Taeyang was slightly disappointed when he said, "Am I interrupting your date?".

"Ah ni! Don't listen to his words.. in fact, I will not date an arrogant guy like him ever.."

Jaejoong chipped in before she could finish her sentence, "What was that supposed to mean?!"

 

Ignoring his question, Ji Hyo continued her conversation with Taeyang, "Mianhaeyo Taeyang ssi.. there's a 'screaming monkey' next to me so I need a find a better place before I can have a peaceful chat with you." She gazed sharply at the hallyu star and didn't allow him to follow her to where she was heading - despite he yelled at her for calling him a 'monkey'. Jaejoong watched Ji Hyo walking away and went straight to the balcony, but still he has an urge to eavesdrop her conversation with Taeyang. Hiding himself behind the curtain, Jaejoong was able to focus on Ji Hyo's voice.

 

"Mianhaeyo Taeyang ssi.." she said, then giggled. 'What is so funny about it? Are they talking about me?' Jaejoong was very curious and jealous at the same time. His eyes widen when she heard her saying, "Oh.. I forgot that I'm supposed to call you 'oppa'!". Again his mind was filled with angry thoughts, 'What the..?! She called that guy oppa?! But she never called me that!'

 

Ji Hyo's conversation continued, "I really love what you did for me oppa. But you must be disappointed that the dinner doesn't end well. I promise that I will pay back all the costs for the disaster including the dress and shoes once I have enough money." Suddenly, there was a long pause and her facial expression changed. The strange atmosphere made Jaejoong felt more anxious, "Why does she make that face? What did he said to her? Aish.. I hate it when I have to guess it!".

 

Discreetly, Jaejoong tiptoed to listen closely to her response. Just few steps away from her, he could see the woman sighed heavily as if she was having a difficulty to say the next thing in her mind. Ji Hyo was slightly reluctant when she replied, "Oppa.. it's not that I don't want to be your girlfriend. I do..". At this point of time, Jaejoong's mouth agape. He couldn't believe what he just heard - Ji Hyo does want to be Taeyang's girlfriend? But what about him? Did he just lost her to his long-time rival? Otteoke?!

 

The hallyu star was about to march towards the woman to stop the conversation, but he froze his step when she said, "But I don't want to hurt Jaejoong like this. I'm not sure what went wrong between the two of you.. but I don't want to be the reason to heat up your rivalry. Both of you are good guys.. and I don't deserve any of you more than I have now. An average person like me can never fit in your world, because I'm easily replaceable as compared to the stars that shine brightly around you. Though it's painful for me to admit, I know that someday I will have to go back to my reality.. and then I will be forgotten.. or maybe remembered as the-Cinderella-who-seduced-korean-heart throbs. Either way.. I'm still a 'nobody'. Would you want to associate yourself with a 'nobody' like me?"

 

Jaejoong's heart sank in sorrow after listening to Ji Hyo's words. Only now he realized how 'difficult' it must be for an average girl like her to try to live and fit into his 'glamorous' world without having a thing to be proud of. No matter how hard she tried, nothing can change the fact that they are of different status. His superiority has made her feeling inferior, which could be the reason for Ji Hyo to decline having a relationship with him. Unwittingly, Jaejoong began to admit his fault, "Mianhaeyo Song Ji Hyo. I should have tried to understand how you feel about us.. but I keep hurting you over and over. Do I still deserved a woman like you?"

 

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong decided to release Ji Hyo from her slavery period and began to keep a distance from her as he didn't want to hurt her feeling again, but she refused to leave him

b) Jaejoong vowed that he will treat Ji Hyo better and began to show the different side of him, but she decided to keep a distance as she was afraid to fall in love with him

c) Author's choice