I'll Be Where You Are

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

His place was quiet again. Except Jaeji making noises asking for food, Jaejoong couldn't hear anything else but the sound of 'something' broken inside of him. "What is wrong with my heart? Why does it hurt in here?" the hallyu star pressed his hand against his chest, wondering what was causing the 'pain' that he felt after Ji Hyo stormed out from his home.

 

He threw himself on the couch and stared at the ceiling, but the uncomfortable feeling was still haunting him. Then he got up - getting himself a glass of cold water from the fridge, yet it didn't calm his emotion. His eyes were automatically gazing at the arcade games machine, and the memory of her standing there with ball in her hands made him smiled all by himself. "Yaa.. yaa! Don't be like this Kim Jaejoong! Noh micheossoh?" he scolded himself after he realized that his mind was filled with the thought about Ji Hyo.

 

Unknowingly, he began to miss her presence. The scent of her perfume, the smile on her face and the way she shouted "Yaa!" at him were unforgettable. All that made Ji Hyo special, that no other person could imitate her uniqueness. "Was she serious about giving up on us?" Jaejoong recalled what he remembered from her last words. It was quite blurry to him and confusing at the same time. He didn't know what went wrong between his confession and the moment she answered Taeyang's call, but something definitely isn't working for him.

 

"I have to know why.. she can't just leave me hanging like this!" Jaejoong immediately grabbed his phone and began to dial Ji Hyo's number. The woman didn't pick up her phone, although he redialed it a couple of times. "Aish.. is she trying to avoid me now?" Jaejoong grumbled and decided to send a text message:

'Is your phone broken? Why aren't you answering my call?'

 

He drummed his fingers on the kitchen counter, waiting impatiently for her to reply. But after ten minutes, Jaejoong knew that she was ignoring his text message. He quickly put on his jacket and took his helmet - grabbed his bike key which he hasn't touch for weeks as he hates riding in public. But since he considered this as an 'emergency', Jaejoong thought his superbike is the fastest and easiest transportation during the peak hours.

 

"Where have you been all day long young lady?" Mr. Song nagged his only daughter for disappearing since morning. He was hoping that she could spend her semester break to help him at the restaurant, instead Ji Hyo hardly stayed at home especially during the day. "Aah appa.. I was.. um.. helping my friend. That's right! I'm helping my friend with his project," she made up a lie and put on an innocent (blank) face to convince her father. Her mother just shook her head, "Is your friend more important than your parents?".

 

Trapped by Mrs. Song's respond, Ji Hyo began to stammer as she came up with another excuse, "Ahneeoh! Actually.. well.. the project.. the project.. ah yeah! The project must be submitted next week!". "Do you really need to do project during the break? I thought your new semester will only start in two weeks," Mr. Song began to doubt his daughter's explanation. Fortunately for Ji Hyo, her best friend Geum Ran came right on time to save her. "Annyeong Mr. Song.. Mrs. Song! How's your business today?" she greeted them in a friendly manner.

 

"Business is a bit slow nowadays, maybe because of the new restaurant that was recently opened just across the street. Are you here as our customer or a friend of Ji Hyo?" Mr. Song smirked while he glanced at his daughter. Geum Ran forced a laugh, knowing that Mr. Song was mocking her for her regular visit to the restaurant for free lunch.

 

At that moment, the ringtone from Ji Hyo's phone has annoyed her father, "Yaa.. who's been calling you for the last one hour? Why can't you just pick up your phone?". Afraid of being scolded by her father, Ji Hyo reluctantly answered the call from Jaejoong after she excused herself to find a hidden corner, "What do you want? I'm really busy. Can't talk now!". "Aah.. jinjja? Busy doing what? Chatting? Yaa.. you're really bad at lying, do you know that? Ppali-ppali! Come out for a while. I need to speak to you," Jaejoong used the same tone when he talked to her as his slave.

 

"How did you.. yaa! Are you spying on me?!" Ji Hyo randomly asked and Jaejoong responded with a naughty laughter. The hallyu star was so happy that he got to like he used to, "Song Ji Hyo ssi.. do you think I will let you 'escape' that easily? You better come out and see me now!".

 

"What if I don't?" she challenged him.

"Are you sure you don't want to?" Jaejoong gradually losing his patience.

Ji Hyo scoffed, "100% sure! My life is back to normal without you."

"Yaa! What's so great about your normal life?! No one recognize you.. or respect you for that matter. Is that what you called 'life'?!" Jaejoong was slightly upset that he began to raise his voice.

"Our definition of 'life' is not the same, Jaejoong. So please.. just let me live in peace the way I was meant to."

 

Then Jaejoong just ended the call. Ji Hyo sighed, wondering if that guy was offended by her response. She leaned her body against the wall with her eyes closed - trying to calm herself before she went out again to meet her father and Geum Ran. Suddenly there was a familiar voice 'screaming' out her name and distracted her focus. Not long after that, Ji Hyo heard many females shrieking hysterically outside of her family's restaurant.

 

"Andwae.. andwae! It can't be.." Ji Hyo rushed to front entrance and was shocked to find sea of people crowding a man who was standing firmly outside of her family restaurant. Her parents and Geum Ran were looking at her in confusion, wondering why would a famous star like Jaejoong came to their place and shouted for Ji Hyo. "There you are! Now let's talk over lunch. So what's good in here?" the hallyu star casually entered the restaurant and sat at one of the tables, ignoring the attention that he got from the local citizens.

 

When Mrs. Song approached him with the menu, Jaejoong refused it and pointed out to her daughter, "Mian.. but I'd like to have that lady taking my order." Reluctantly, Ji Hyo had to 'obey' to her parent's instruction and walked to Jaejoong's table with the menu in her hand. She shoved the booklet to her 'customer' and asked for his selection of food. "What's your favourite dish? Let's have the same food for both of us," Jaejoong returned the menu and smiled sheepishly at his 'waitress'.

 

"I'm working right now.. and eating with a customer is not one of my job scopes," Ji Hyo nonchalantly replied. When the lady turned her back on him, Jaejoong immediately grabbed her wrist and looked at her parents as he seek their permission, "Can Ji Hyo have a lunch with me? I really hate to eat alone." Though many other girls were offering themselves to accompany the famous star at the table, Jaejoong nicely declined and announced to everyone that he only wanted to have Ji Hyo as his eating partner.

 

"Noh micheossoh?!" Ji Hyo scolded the famous star as she took back her hand from his soft grip. Honestly she was so embarrassed by the situation and felt like wearing a mask to cover her reddened face, but since she couldn't do that, Ji Hyo quickly hid herself behind the kitchen counter. "Is there anything that you would like to explain to me about Jaejoong?" Geum Ran threw the question the moment she found her best friend in the kitchen area. When Ji Hyo couldn't answer, Geum Ran became frustrated, "I thought we're best friends for life Ji Hyo.. but knowing that you don't trust me enough to tell the truth, I guess I'm just wasting my time here."

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Jaejoong seek permission from Ji Hyo's parents to 'hire' their daughter as his part time assistant and full time girlfriend, but that made the fans gone wild and began to 'attack' Ji Hyo for 'stealing' Jaejoong from them while Geum Ran avoided her for days

b) As her parents were irritated with the uninvited crowd that's been following Jaejoong while her best friend was still upset by all the lies that she made, Ji Hyo finally agreed to Jaejoong's proposal to keep their relationship as a secret until he decided to make it official

c) Author's choice