Against The Family

Mr. Stalker & Miss No. 1 Fan

"Aish this lady.. how long do you want to lock yourself in the room watching tv?" Mrs. Song felt irritated with her only child - Song Ji Hyo who had been spending most of her semester break dedicating herself to Korean pop shows. Since she was back from college two days ago, Ji Hyo had always attached to all kinds of ICT devices - be it Ipad, handphone or mp3 player. From the point she woke up right to her bedtime, she filled her day with songs from famous K-pop artists especially her favourite star - Kim Jaejoong.

 

{Even that time when the wind stays

It's not enough for me

I smile one more time and give my final greeting

I love you.}

 

Her lips were synced to the lyrics of 'Insa' by Jaejoong, and she drowned herself with emotion from the singer. Ji Hyo was startled by the loud knock on her door, which followed by her father's firm voice. "Yaa college lady! Don't you want to have your lunch?" Mr. Song shouted from the outside of his daughter's room after calling her name for several times. Reluctantly, Ji Hyo switched off the tv and walked herself to the dining table where her parents were already seated together. She doesn't seem eager to eat her food, so her parents had to force her to finish her meal.

 

"Rather than wasting your energy for doing nothing, why don't you help us at the restaurant?" Mrs. Song made a suggestion which was fully supported by her husband. "At least you can learn how to manage the family's business," Mr. Song added enthusiastically. Though her parents were excited with the idea, Ji Hyo was strongly against the proposal. "Andwae! I don't want to do business! I want to be a song writer.. or an actress," she said proudly.

 

Without warning, her father poked her on the forehead, "Do you think we send you for higher education just to let you end up as a celebrity?". Mrs. Song shook her head in disappointment, but as a mother who loves her daughter very much she didn't want to question the young woman's dream. "Ji Hyo aah.. appa and eomma only want the best for you. We'd like you to have a bright future.. and get married to a good man," the old woman spoke in a soft voice.

 

Ji Hyo almost choked when she heard the 'm' word, "Eomma! How can you think about that when I'm still in college?". "Wae? It's normal for a young lady like you to date a boy from the same college.. isn't it?" Mrs. Song daughter with a smile. Her father just giggled at the joke while continued to eat his food. Ji Hyo had no idea how to respond to her mother's statement, because she was only interested in one man - Kim Jaejoong. But dating a celebrity was beyond possible for an ordinary people like herself, so Ji Hyo knew she didn't stand a chance to couple with the hallyu star for real. 'Which is why I have to be part of the world that he lives in!' her heart whispered to her mind.

 

After finishing her lunch, Ji Hyo immediately returned to her gadget and this time she was on her tablet. Browsing through Jaejoong's schedule which was posted on his official website, her eyes automatically captured an interesting info that made her jumping in joy. "Omo.. Jaejoong will be coming for his movie promo! I have to go to his fans meeting!" she couldn't stop smiling as she read the details of the event. Immediately she grabbed her phone and speed dialling her 'comrade'. "Yoboseyo? Geum Ran aah.. want to go for my boyfriend's fans meeting? He'll be here in three days!".

 

"Mwo? Jaejoong? Kim Jaejoong is coming to your home town?" her friend asked in disbelief. Ji Hyo was slightly shrieking over the phone, "Not really at my home town, but it's not far from my place! So.. you want to join?". Geum Ran had to josh her best friend, "I knew it! You'll only call me when you need a partner to go to Jaejoong's event." "Don't be mad, my friend! That means you're such an important person to me that I'm willing to share my 'secret' boyfriend only with you," Ji Hyo tried to sweet talk with her friend. Geum Ran was laughing hard at Ji Hyo's statement, but she agreed to accompany her. "You better treat me for dinner!" the woman reminded Ji Hyo on the 'price' of her agreement.

 

Feeling happy with her best friend's decision, Ji Hyo accepted her condition and they locked their commitment there and then. But her happiness turned into fear when Geum Ran asked those specific questions, "What about your parents? Will they let you go for the fans meeting?". Knowing how strict her father is, Ji Hyo was literally trembling all over her body while her mind roaming for excuses that she could give to convince the old man. She just told him that she wanted to become a celebrity, and that alone had made him poked her on the forehead. "I don't think my mother is the problem, but my dad.." she paused for a second.

 

"You have to do something about it.. or say goodbye to Jaejoong," Geum Ran threatened Ji Hyo, which was not helping to get rid of her guilt and fear. The last time he found out that she secretly went to Jaejoong's concert, her father cut off her allowance for a month. Fortunately, Geum Ran was there to help her and she managed to go through the hard time without money to spend. "Otteoke? He just scolded me when I told him that I want to be an actress!" Ji Hyo shared her story with her best friend.

 

Instead of feeling sorry for her, Geum Ran was laughing naughtily at Ji Hyo, "Mwo? An actress? That's the funniest thing I've ever heard from you!". "Yaa! Do you think I don't have a talent?" Ji Hyo was slightly offended by her friend's reaction. However, Geum Ran kept teasing her best friend, "An actress needs to play with emotion, but you're the queen of 'blank' face my friend!". "Yaa! Focus.. focus! We haven't solve the problem with my father!" Ji Hyo redirected their conversation to the original topic. Once she was able to hold her laughter, Geum Ran offered a solution, "What if you tell him that you want to help me with a project to feed the homeless?"

 

Now Ji Hyo was the one who's laughing hard, "Mwo? Feeding the homeless? Do you think my father will believe that his 'lazy' daughter and her 'crazy' best friend suddenly working on a noble project?". Geum Ran had to join the laughter, "Why not? He'll be proud with both of us and definitely give his permission without any question." Still, Ji Hyo wasn't confident that it would be a good excuse to give to her father. "Well.. if that doesn't work, just tell him the truth then," Geum Ran was out of idea. Ji Hyo had stop laughing, and now she became worried, "Tell him the truth? Is that the only option?"

 

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

 

Your decision:

a) Ji Hyo told the truth to her father, but he didn't allow her to go

b) Ji Hyo lied to her father and went to Jaejoong's fans meeting