After-effect

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 9 – After-effect

 

“Sir, you’re okay?” A middle-aged man who came to deliver his important papers asked.

Jungkook was silent, staring onto his desk with blank eyes. Lately, he’s been out of himself. He just stared to spaces and out to his own world. He abandoned most of his job, trusting it to his secretary.

The fact that he’s engaged made such a huge impact in his life. He just can’t accept the fact. He still can’t believe that he met the girl, he can’t believe that he inserted the ring into her hand with his own hands.

Mr. Jeon heard about it and decided to visit his son. As soon as he entered the office, he could sense the difference almost immediately. The usual Jungkook he knew will always holding some papers anywhere and anytime. But right now, he just stared into space.

“Jungkook, are you okay?” he worriedly asked. Jungkook didn’t even bother to look up, he didn’t even bow to his father.

“You look sick,” he stated. Jungkook didn’t say a thing. His face was paler than usual, and his lips were dry.

“Jungkook, it’s been 5 days, and you keep acting like this. It worries us, Yura kept asking about your condition,” Mr. Jeon explained. Jungkook lightly shook his head. “I’m okay,” he replied.

“No, you’re not. I think you need a rest, Jungkook. You’ve been working hard all these years, and I think it’s the best for you,”

 

The same situation happened to his fiancé, Haera. She just sat there in her manager room and done nothing. Her hair was a bit disarrayed, her face isn’t as bright as she used to be. Ever since the engagement day, the two of them had their own problems.

While Jungkook can’t accept the horrible truth, Haera was facing with fear of losing her brother.

After the engagement day, her brother’s condition was unstable. Either his breath suddenly stopped for some minutes, or his heartbeat is unstable. She was worried, she doesn’t want to lose her only reason to live.

Haera heaved a deep sigh, she kept praying all day that her brother will be alright. She promised to do anything if her brother still can live.

In silence, she observe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter