In Exchange

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 13 – In Exchange

 

Jungkook grunted as he sat down from his sleep position. Strange air filled his nose, it’s exactly the same like the air he usually breathed in, but somehow it felt different. He then noticed the place he was in.

He is in the middle of a forest.

Not an ordinary forest, even though the leaves were green, their stem was a bit purple. Some of the bushes brushed with each other, creating a hushed-like sound, as if they were whispering to each other. The bushes were red with a glint of sparkle, whether it’s from some dews or something else—he doesn’t know.

Jungkook felt cautious when noticing the strange place. He stood up, and looked around. Trees were surrounding him, more like circling him and watched his reaction. And he decided to try to find his way out.

He stepped on dry leaves and left a rustling sound with each step he took. With every step he took, the forest didn’t change, it’s like he was going to be lost in there. He realized that it would be useless, and looked around.

“Looking for something?”

Jungkook quickly turned to the voice owner. And then he saw a boy with small eyes and cunning smirk looking down at him on top of a tree.

While he was observing the strange presence, the boy suddenly appeared right in front of him, still with his smirk. Jungkook blinked in surprise.

“Did you just—“ “I’m teleporting,” the boy cut, sending another spine-chilling smirk. Jungkook raised an eyebrow with his attitude. He was extra cautious at the boy, he looked dangerous.

“I’m what people here called ‘Cheshire’,” the boy circled Jungkook. “Or should I say.. Jimin?” the boy smirked.

Jungkook glared in cautiousness. He sure is dangerous and need to be watched. Jimin let out a laugh, there’s a hint of playfulness in it. “I say, you should watch where you are going. You don’t know if something is tricking you,” he snapped his fingers and the forest around them suddenly changed into a cliff.

Jungkook was taken aback and stepped back, watching as some of the cliff’s stone fell down into the deep and dark abyss. He stared at Jimin with suspicious eyes. The later just grinned, standing on the end of the cliff. Just a step, and he’ll fall.

“Hm, I smell regret in the air. I wonder where is this interesting smell come from,” Jimin smirked, and stepped back, resulting his fall into the abyss.

Before Jungkook could even do anything, his surrounding changed back to his earlier place, the forest. With curiosity and awareness, he tried to find his way out.

 

Haera didn’t even have some interest in her food in front of her. All she has done was just staring at her brother in front o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter