Her Sweetheart?

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 18 – Her Sweetheart?

 

The leaves rustled under his feet as he walked further into the forest. He didn’t know where he is, nor where he went to. He just walked.

He looked up to the sky. The sun was still hiding behind the purple, reddish clouds, making him wonder if the sky remained the same even when it’s night.

He was hungry, he felt his energy drained with each step he took further into the forest. He saw many weird fruits on his way, but he was suspicious about it, since the shape and size were odd.

He can’t find any apples, oranges, or even berries. All he saw was just weird fruits with odd shapes and size. Now he can’t even fill his own empty stomach.

“Is there any food here?” he questioned out loud, wincing at his grumbling stomach while brushing some branches that blocked his view. He regret for not looking for a few fish back in the river. But the river itself looked weird.

He sighed and decided to sit down under a small tree with a lavender colored leaves. He breathed out through his dry lips, feeling exhausted to the point he can’t even do anything. If he could eat something, maybe he would regain some energy to look for something to drink.

Jungkook took a deep breath, feeling the wind blew past him, making him shudder to the coldness. He turned to his left and found a fruit. Well, not a fruit he could find in his normal world, but a fruit none-the-less.

He just had a feeling it’s a fruit. Or his mind is playing tricks so that he thought it was a fruit. He was afraid it’s just a delusion because he’s hungry.

Jungkook carefully lifted his hand and reached out to grab the fruit, picking it.

It was shaped like a prism, with clear blue color. The shape was like a gem, like an ice. He faintly sniffed it and a slight fragrant invaded his nose. Then without further thinking, he just ate it. The small crack sound could be heard as he ate it.

“Not bad,” he said after a taste. It definitely could fill his stomach. The hard skin hid the soft and creamy fruit inside. He hoped it’s not poisonous after.

After finishing two fruit, he felt sleepy. He should get going and searched for something to drink, but his eyes deceived him. It felt so heavy.

Small breath left his lips as he breathed softly. He surrendered and closed his eyes. The thoughts of eating his sister’s simple cooking made him miss his family, even for a little bit.

Even though he acted cold towards them, they still love him equally. And then his thought drifted to her once again. The girl who clung on him on their engagement day, the girl who looked stunningly beautiful in that simple dress.

The girl who called him ‘oppa’.

 

She wore that simple dress that made him glanced at her. However, not a single smile that she usually gave him was shown. Instead, a straight face replaced her smiles.

Her sharp eyes pierced through him like she hated him the most.

When the party is over, their guests and their families went out, leaving the two of them alone.

He can’t say a thing, he want to, but he can’t.

As he looked into her deep and mysterious eyes, the words were being taken away from his tongue.

But without saying anything

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter