Awaited Moment

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning : long chapter ahead lol I really miss these two and I bet you also waited for their next interaction. Here we go

 

Chapter 30 – Awaited Moment

 

The peaceful morning greeted Haera as she her bed. She felt exhausted even though she didn’t really do anything yesterday.

She decided to open her eyes and gazed at her surroundings.

The weird rack with many kinds of teapots. The unordinary circle shaped cupboard. The purple walls.

She turned her head a bit and saw the green curtain that shielded her from the not-so-shining sun. Then the head under the curtain.

“What the heck?!” She quickly jumped up from the bed, looking baffled and shocked.

The boy groaned, feeling his arm numb. Seeing the moving object, she screamed so loud until she woke the boy up in bafflement.

“What?” he mumbled, eyes still half asleep. He’s worried about today’s plan to get the book and couldn’t sleep all night.

“What are you doing here?” then she looked around, “What am I doing here?” she gave him a disbelief look.

He drifted his eyes to her and he went startled at once. “What are you doing here?" but then he stared at his numb arm, "Did you sleep on my arm?" he frowned at her in annoyance.

He almost thought she’s Alice, but not when he saw her hair. It’s black, not blonde. He just stared at her in silence, his mind contemplated whether it’s a dream, his illution, or it’s a reality. Not an answer was heard from her, they just stared at each other in silence.

“Sa Haera?” he called, unsure.

“It’s me,” she answered, looking at him.

Confirming the person in front of them made an unknown feeling seeped into their hearts. A relief washed them like wave at the ocean.

He’s fine.

She’s here.

The two continued to stare at each other for a few moments before Jungkook snapped out from his trance and glared at the girl.

“What are you looking at? You shouldn’t give me that inappropriate look,” he snarled, giving her a cold gaze.

“What—Inappropriate look? Who? Me? You must be kidding me,” Haera scoffed.

“You should see yourself,”

“Well, you should meet your other self and see how bad mannered you are,”

“What did you say?”

“You bad mannered guy!”

“I’m not just a guy, I’m a man,”

Haera gave him a weird stare. “What?”

“I’m not a guy—guy is identical with slacking off and unmannered. Man is more honorable and mature,” he walked out from the room, keeping his hands in his pockets.

“Who told you that non-sense?” Haera followed him suit, closing the door behind her while eyeing the weird boy.

“I thought of that myself,” he shrugged.

“You’re funny Jungkook,” Haera smiled mockingly.

“I don’t need your judgment,”

“Ugh—why are you so full of yourself?” she groaned, brushing her messy hair.

“I’m not,” Jungkook turned and stared at the girl in the eye, giving her a small smirk.

“Jeon Jungkook, you—“

“Well, well, look at the two lovebirds,” a voice broke their gazes as they both turned to the voice immediately.

“Taehyung,” both of them said, the girl eyed him in surprise.

“What are you doing here?” she asked in confusion and surprise.

“I’m not Taehyung, actually,” he said, giving her a wide, mysterious grin.

Haera just eyed the boy weirdly.

“So, tell me,” V said as he sat down on the dining table, giving an amused smile at the two.

“I’m curious on why whenever you met, you two always busy with your differences, but when you two separate you called for each other,”

“What—I’m not!” the two denied immediately, feeling hot all of a sudden.

V didn’t argue, he just chuckled. “I can see that clearly,”

The two distanced themselves and threw glares at each other.

“What are you looking at?” Jungkook snapped.

“A weird ambitious guy that considered himself a man, what a joke,”

Jungkook sent her a deadly glare, earning a smirk from Haera. She turned to V who watched them in amusement while tapping the table.

“Anyway, what are you doing here? And where am I?” she asked.

Instead of answering her, he stood up and winked. “Have fun here while we distract her,”

Before she could ask more question, V disappeared into thin air, sending chills on her back.

“Who.. is he?” she muttered quietly, still eyeing the place where he disappeared.

She turned to Jungkook, and he just stared back at her silently.

 

They walked into the forest. The once silent and eerie forest became a noisy one with them kept bickering to each other. When the other threw a remark, the other would respond with another remark.

And it goes on like that.

Haera walked behind Jungkook who swatted branches that got on his way, secretly swatting them away from her too.

“What time is it?” she asked, ducking behind him when he swatted a branch that almost hit his head.

“I guess it’s afternoon,” he replied.

“How did you know?” she wanted to pull him to walk slower, but she didn’t want to touch him even though her mind kept telling her to.

“Just a lucky guess,” he said and arrived at a large land with tall grasses and a few trees.

Jungkook kept going through the tall grasses, making sure she’s behind him every now and then.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter