Engagement Problem

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 3 – Engagement Problem

 

Haera dried her hair as she checked down to her outfit. I looked like a normal person, which is better. I hope mother would allow me to use these kinds of clothes when I go out. She sighed and putted her towel on her bed, before sitting down to her study chair.

She turned the chair so she was facing her balcony. The sun almost set, making the sky looked pretty with dark blue and slight orange. Water dripped from her hair as she just sat there in silence.

The thought of the earlier event suddenly entered her brain. She leaned her head to her palms and stared to the front. She was confused on how to act to Jungkook’s action earlier. Should I acted like I hate him, or should I acted like I like him?

Haera sighed out loud and walked to her balcony. The sun already set, leaving the sky with beautiful dark blue color and some stars appeared to accompany it. From the corner of her eyes, she caught a glimpse of a new plant. She approached it and squatted down to examine it.

“Who putted this here?” she silently mumbled. The plant was still in its young phase, just root, stem, and some leaves. There’s no sight of any bud, but as time pass it’ll have flower. Haera suddenly thought of Jungkook, and touched the thorny stem.

“Hey, how about I name you Jungkook?” she smiled.

 

The next day, Mrs. Sa was watching some news flash when Haera came and sat next to her. The older woman glanced at her daughter before looking back to the television. “What is it?” she asked. Haera sighed and leaned her back into the sofa. She looked up with thoughts whirled in her mind.

Finally she sat up and stared on her mother. “Mom,” she called. “Hm?” she replied without moving her eyes from the television. “Why did I have to marry Jungkook?” she asked softly. “Because it’s for the best,” her mother answered.

“But, mom, I want to marry someone I love,” Haera sighed. “Not some stuck up bachelor with wealth as a background,” she added, referring to Jungkook. “As your story said, you could fall in love with him because of his looks. He’s not bad you know,” the older said.

“Mom, even though he has the looks—“ Haera stopped as she saw how her mother stared at her. She lowered her head and excused herself from Mrs. Sa. She decided to go somewhere and cleared her thought. With a deep sigh, she headed to her car.

Haera arrived at a bustling hospital, the best hospital in Seoul. She entered the main door and could smell medicine almost immediately. Even though it’s not as soothing as nature fragrant, it still helped her to clear her mind.

She headed to the lift and pressed the 4th floor. The lift was that crowded, just her and a few boys that was kind of noisy. But Haera didn’t mind that and just gripped on her purse. The lift dinge

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter