Not in Their Right Mind

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 11 – Not in Their Right Mind

 

That week was a busy and tiring week for Haera. She stayed by her brother’s side almost 24hours in 7 days. She sometimes even stayed inside the room and fell asleep there.

Haera heaved a sigh. After that scene, she has never contacted nor met Jungkook anymore. She’s just too busy taking care of her brother. His condition is still unstable, and that worried Haera even more.

She went out from her car and headed inside her café. It was in its busy hour. Customers queued in front of the counter and waited for their turn to order. The tables were filled with customers chatting and savoring their own orders.

The sound of bell on top of the door could be heard as Haera entered the café. Jin poked his head out from the counter. “Haera!” he waved enthusiastically, his other hand is busy on the cash machine.

Haera smiled a bit and approached him. Jin handed the customer in front of him her order and offered a smile and greetings. He then turned to the girl, offering her an extra bright smile.

“You’re finally here!” he grinned. Haera chuckled, and he asked the customer in front of him her order. She went inside the staff’s room and putted down her small sling bag. She sighed and held her head in frustration. She sat on the bench in the middle of the room. The tiredness took over her, she felt her limbs becoming sore.

“Yah, where have you been?” Jin went inside, putting his apron off. Haera looked up and immediately being greeted by Jin’s bright smile. “You’re not here for 4 days or so,” he stated while hanging his apron on his locker. “Something happened?”

Haera just stared at him without saying anything. Jin just stared at her for a few seconds,  then he heaved a heavy sigh. “Tell me,” he urged, sitting beside her. Haera smiled and denied. “Nothing happened,”

Jin shrugged. “You can tell me anything you like, even though I know it’s a lie,” he pursed his lips in acknowledgement. Haera gaped. “It’s not like that,” she pouted. Jin just nodded his head. “Nah, I know already.”

Haera glanced at him and laughed. She leaned her head to his shoulder. “You’re so understanding. I’m glad you work here,” she sighed in contentment. “Just rest already,” he nagged. Haera smiled and closed her eyes.

 

The vending machine let out a progressing sound before the sound of a dropped can could be heard. A hand stretched out and took out the can of orange juice. A sigh escaped her lips as she went back to her brother’s room.

She opened the door and sat on a nearby chair. She opened the can and gulped down the content until its half-empty. She sighed and held the can in her hand. She watched the machine beeped in the same rate as her brother’s heartbeat.

“I hope you’ll be okay,” she mumbled.

Haera tied her hair up before bringing her can with her out from the room. She was about to sip her orange juice when she saw a familiar figure make her way to her.

“Eonni?” she hesitated as she approached the figure. The said figure stared at her in surprise. “Oh, Haera,” she uneasily smiled.

Haera smiled. “What are you doing here, eonni? Oh, another therapy?” she asked. “How are you?” Yura asked instead.

“I’m fine,”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter