Connected

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 19 – Connected

 

“Haera, we should go home now,” Jimin said from the door frame.

Seeing how his sister stared at the motionless boy in front of them made him heavy. Her longing eyes were unknowingly signaled that she didn’t want to leave the boy in front of her, even though he was sure his sister didn’t realize that.

“We can visit him tomorrow,” he reassured.

“Nah, that’s fine,” Haera turned to him and led him outside. She checked her wrist watch and glanced at the door once more, before closing it.

“Let’s go.” She held his hand softly and led him out from the house. They passed by Mrs. Jeon and said goodbye before going to their car.

As long as the ride, they were both silent, both immersed in different thoughts. After the long ride, they were arrived at their home.

“Haera,” Jimin called, snapping the younger back to her senses. “Ah,” she mumbled and quickly went out from the car, the cold wind hit her almost immediately. She tightened her cardigan around her, searching for some warmth.

“Let’s go in,” he hugged her shoulders and led her into the house.

As soon as they entered the house, they felt something different immediately. The lights were on, which is weird because they left it off before they went out. The thought of thief quickly vanished as soon as she saw two pairs of shoes on the shoe rack.

“They’re here,” she whispered.

Before she could even pull his brother away, a voice stopped her, making her froze mid-way.

“Jimin,” a familiar deep voice called, gaining attention from the said boy. Jimin looked up and his lips parted. “Dad,” his voice came out as a whisper instead of a firm statement.

“Jimin!” the man came to them and gave him a hug, a sincere hug. “You’re finally awake,” he said, feeling all relieved and happy. Jimin smiled and patted the man’s back. “Yes, I am, dad.” He said, a surge of happiness hit him.

Haera smiled at the interaction, feeling happy and warm. But then, a familiar sarcastic cough broke the warm atmosphere, sending chills to her spine.

“You’re awake, I see,” a firm voice said, catching the attention of the two men. Jimin looked up and locked eyes with the firm one. He stepped away from Mr. Sa.

“Mother,” he said. However, the woman didn’t budge from her stand, still looking sharply to the boy’s presence. “What are you doing here?” she asked, her voice sounded annoyed.

Jimin stepped up to Mrs. Sa, trying to say something. However, not a word came out from his throat. He was at loss of words to say.

“I’m the one who asked him to stay here,” Haera spoke up, firmness in her voice. Her mother’s eyes turned to her hard one. “And who gave you permission to that?” the woman challenged.

“He’s a part of our family, I don’t need any permission.” The younger one answered, voice full of confidence. “Who thought you to answer in such manner?” the other’s voice sounded irritated. “It doesn’t matter.” The latter answered.

“Sa Haera,” her mother called, anger dripped on each word that came out from her lips.

“What is it, mom? Is it that wrong to have your older brother here living with you?” Haera asked, totally confused on her mother’s way of thinking.

“He’s not your older brother,” her mother stated. “Yes he is” Haera answered, irritation could be heard in her voice. “He is my older brother, we lived together since we’re child—since I was born, of course he is my brother” Haera glared fiercely at the older woman.

“Haera—“ Jimin tried to stop Haera from fighting against their mother—her mother. “He’s not your real sibling!” Mrs. Sa shouted. “I know! And I don’t care!” Haera shouted back.

Mrs. Sa glared deeply into her daughter’s eyes, stepping closer to her. When they’re in front of each other, the glaring contest tensed.

“I don’t need him anymore,” Mrs. Sa said, sending stabs into the said boy’s heart. Haera stared at her mother in disbelief. “But I need him. It doesn’t matter if you don’t, but I—father and I—need him. I grew up with him. It’s not your decision to just throw him away from our family, it’s our family’s decision.” She explained.

“Why are you so persistent, Sa Haera?” Mrs. Sa spatted each words with venom in it. “Bec

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter