Possibilities

Diverse Souls [ EDITING ]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Chapter 29 – Possibilities

 

The sound of river’s flow was soft and calming, but not when he was with her. Jungkook glanced at the girl while his back became hotter because of her stare.

“Why are you staring at me?” Jungkook said in an annoyed manner, glaring at the girl.

Alice shrugged with a smile, “Nothing,”

Jungkook kept glaring at the girl without any word. Alice took a step towards him, and he stepped aside immediately. Seeing his cautiousness, the girl almost laughed.

She faced the river in front of them and pointed at it.

“Look for the stone you found that time and look into it,” she turned to him and smiled.

Jungkook was processing the words she said and went silent. When he realized what she said, his body reacted fast and he stepped back.

“How did you know? We didn’t meet yet at that time,” he said with cautious eyes.

Alice leaned to him with a mysterious smile.

“Don’t you know I have eyes in the woods?”

Jungkook’s heartbeat stopped for a second. Cold suddenly run on his back, sending him a slight chill. His mind went hazy for a moment.

“What?” it came out as a small whisper.

“Just kidding, I saw you that time at the woods,” Alice laughed joyfully.

Even after her statement, he wasn’t sure what she said was true. He knew there was something in the wood that helped her in everything.

Maybe it’s that weird invisible guy, Jungkook thought.

“It’s just a joke, seriously. Just look for the stone,” Alice said.

“Why should I?” he frowned.

“Well, you shall know later,”

With that, Jungkook just stood there while watching the river flow calmly. The girl beside him didn’t say a word nor moving an inch. She just stood there, doing nothing.

He glanced at the girl that got quiet and stared back at the river. The shining stone he once took glistened from the base of the river.

He got curious and finally squatted down to take a stone. A part of his mind told him that it’s dangerous since Alice is such a mysterious and dangerous creature. She wouldn’t ask him to do something without any thought.

However, his hand still gripped on the glistening stone, water dripping from it. Since the surface was smooth—almost like a glass, he could see his reflection clearly, just like that time.

Jungkook observed his reflection on the stone. It was somehow different from him—

“Alice,” Jungkook looked up from the stone and saw Jin went to the girl who scowled at him.

“Namjoon was looking for you,” Jin continued, glancing at Jungkook.

Alice grunted and went away at once. The two watched as she disappeared in the woods. Then Jin turned to Jungkook and threw the stone away from him.

“What—“ “It’s dangerous. Your body could be possessed by the stone,”

Jungkook stared at the river in surprise.

I knew it was bad.

 

The two stood in the middle of his library with serious expression on each faces. The atmosphere was tense as the two looked to the ground sternly.

“There should be a chance nearby, right?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter