Until Death Do Us Part

The Promise

 

Zowee got back from the accident and was ready to join us in the tour. We resumed our tour in San Francisco and went to four more cities. We had a full house in Boston which made us happier since it would be the last leg of our tour.

 

Shinhye, Chinyong, Meeyon, Charlotte, and Zowee are left in our dressing room. I’m excited for today’s concert because after this, I hope everything would be fine. Everything would be at its rightful place.

 

“5 more minutes! GET READY GUYS!” the stage director was already shouting.

 

We were talking about how will this go and kept on encouraging ourselves.

 

“Ya! Jonghun and Hongki hyung! Take care of yourselves!” Minhwan said.

“Of course! I’ll take care of my little baby…” Jonghun kissed Hongki on the lips.

“Hey! You take care of Chinyong and Shinhye! And when we get together again, you must have another kid! Araseo?” Seunghyun said to Minhwan.

“Okay… Okay… Jaejin hyung… Take care of Zowee and Charlotte. After this, I hope you would stay together.” Minhwan said.

“Of course! This day would never be happier without you guys… I’m going to miss you!” I said.

 

We had another group hug and the stage director called us to the stage.

 

We had the first set of our songs. On the second part, I started to get nervous. We went back to the dressing room and I saw Zowee playing with Charlie.

 

“Daddy! I saw you singing! You were cool! I love youuuu!” Charlie rushed over and hugged me.

“Charlie, daddy needs to change…” Zowee handed me my next outfit and began wiping my sweat.

“Zowee, when Laine asks you to go out, just follow her. She told me.” I told her.

“Oh… Okay. I understand.” Zowee carried Charlie to Chinyong.

 

I changed my clothes and got ready for the next set.

 

“Ya! Hyung! Don’t be nervous! She’ll agree to it.” Minhwan said while we were waiting backstage.

“You think so? It’s so hard to breathe…” I said.

“Okay… Let’s go in…” Jonghun pushed us towards the stage.

 

We finished five songs. The next song would be our last and would be the most awaited event for me. I know that Laine have called her already. This is it. Hongki asked our audience to keep quiet until we say so. I saw her walking towards the center of the stage, blindfolded and guided by Laine.

 

I breathed deeply. Here goes everything.

 

“This next song is for the woman you are seeing here. I want you all to know how deeply I am in love with this woman. I loved her before. I love her today. And I will love her forever. Zowee, this song’s for you.” I said.

 

She slowly removed her blindfold and looked at me with her teary eyes.

 

 

You were there where we used to play as kids,

A shy girl with pale face.

Far away from my ear brought here by time

I still smile and sing.

I feel like we can meet again if we return to that time.

I close my eyes and call for the girl who lives in my grey memory

But Oh, my love that I cannot touch even when I draw

But Oh, my love that cannot hear even when I shout

Oh beautiful girl who lives hidden inside my heart

My unforgettable first love.

 

The blinding girl with a smile in her face

watches me from the window

But the grown little boy

is never there again.

 

Thinking she might forget me once and look for me,

I stand at the door to my memory and close my eyes calling her name

But Oh, my love that I cannot touch even when I draw

But Oh, my love that cannot hear even when I shout

Oh beautiful girl who lives hidden inside my heart

My unforgettable first love.

 

That girl, who lives stuck inside my head

and yet cannot fill it,

still meet with that short boy

and love and love

But oh, my love that I cannot grab even when I reach

But oh, my love that only gets farther away when I approach

I shout out her name but that girl, who does that anwer

is my unforgettable first love

that I can never erase…

 

 

After the song, she was still standing there covering and crying. I approached her and knelt in front of her. Hongki held the mic for me and I saw her giggle.

 

“Ms. Zowee Smith, I love you so much that if I ever lose you again, I will die. I love you dearly. Please be my wife.” I opened the red velvet box and showed her the ring.

 

“You!... You surprised me so much! Gosh! I’ve got pressure here…” She was wiping her sweat with her blindfold and I giggled. “Baby, I love you so much and I want to do everything with you for the rest of my life… Yes! I will marry you, Lee Jaejin!”

 

I hugged her tightly and held her hand. I inserted the ring on her finger and she hugged me again. I can hear the audience cheering for us.

 

This is how we wrapped up our concert, our last concert.

After this, we would go on our own private lives and live individually. We will not disband because we all know that we are still a family.

 

I will start my family with her and our little angel.

 

 

***

 

After the concert, Zowee and I decided to go back to Seoul and to plan our wedding. The wedding became a trending issue in South Korea that made my agency have a press conference before the wedding.

 

On our wedding day was also the day of the conference. To keep our wedding private, we held the conference 10 kilometers away from the venue. To keep the surprise, Zowee and I showed ourselves to the public separately. At first I thought she would be hesitant about it, but when the agency asked her, she gladly accepted it.

 

I was the first one to show myself to the public wearing my wedding tuxedo. There were camera flashes everywhere. There were also a lot of reporters and are already asking a lot of questions.

 

“Mr. Lee Jaejin would only answer 3 questions. You may ask now.” Myugul hyung announced.

 

I sat in the table in front of them.

 

“Jaejin, is it true that FT Island would be disbanded and leave the music scene?” A reporter asked.

“No. FT Island would not be disbanding. Every member decided to stop promotions because we want to focus with our families first. We may be leaving the music scene but this would not be permanent. Maybe some of us would still have shows or albums but there would be no projects as a band.” I replied.

“Mr. Lee, is it true that you already have a daughter with Ms. Smith, your bride? And is it true that you are only marrying her because of the child?” Another reporter asked.

“I love Zowee so much even before we become famous. Yes, we have a little girl but it that doesn’t mean that I am marrying Zowee because of her. We love each other so much even before our daughter came.” I said.

“Last question.” Myugul said over the mic.

“Mr. Jaejin, if your future wife will die today, how are you going to deal with it?” A reporter asked.

 

Everyone was silent. I was shocked of what she has said.

 

“Well, maybe I’ll follow her to the grave. But I know I made a promise that I will take care of her and my daughter. I will not follow her to the grave, I will live my life with my daughter happily and I know that she would be happy too. Your question is hard to answer.” I said.

 

I stood up and looked at them.

 

“Thank you for coming and for the best wishes. We will surely live a beautiful and happy life.” I bowed down in front of them and walked outside the room.

 

That reporter’s question was so hard. I can’t believe it. It won’t happen. Not today. Not too soon. Our forever will just start today…

 

I left the venue first making me early to go to the venue. We will have our wedding at a hotel on the top of a mountain. Everything is planned, even the security.

 

My driver drove along a flower shop and I asked him to stop. I bought sunflowers and a tulip for Zowee and Charlie.

 

When I was going back to the car, I man approached me.

 

“Hi! I know it’s strange but I will not harm you. I just need a ride.” This man seems to be nice.

“Uhmm.. Where are you going?” I asked him.

“To Hotel Santiniel. I live there while I’m staying here. Anyway, I’m Joe. I’m a tourist and I lost my money and I can’t ride a bus going to the mountain.” Hotel Santiniel is where our wedding would be held.

“Good! I’m going there. Here, get in.” I invited him.

 

While my driver was driving so fast, I asked him to slow down.

 

“Yes sir…” He replied.

“So, Mr. Lee, I guess you are coming to a wedding…” Joe said.

“Today is my wedding.” I said.

“Really? Congratulations!” We shook hands.

 

I can feel that our car is shaking and not in the right lane.

 

“Mr. Kim, what’s happening? Drive in the right lane!” I asked him.

“Sir, we have a problem! The brakes won’t work and the wheel is not working! It’s stuck!” He was shouting.

 

OH NO. This would not be happening. No! It won’t.

 

I saw that we are approaching a cliff. We were all shouting. Joe took the steering wheel but it was really stuck until…

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEECH!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BOOM!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Zowee… Char---lie… I--- Love--- You…”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

~This is the end of The Promise Book One. :) Thank you for the unending support! I hope you still support me in the next book. :)