The Wedding

The Promise

 

The busy month has passed and everyone has been busy helping out Shinhye in her wedding. I was her bridesmaid. I have helped her do all the preparations together with her mom and Minhwan. Minhwan was busy preparing the other preparations. I haven’t seen the band so it was not hard for me to move.

The big day has arrived. I wore my pink dress that was given to me by Shinhye. I dyed my hair back to brown. My hair was longer than before and had it almost to my shoulder. I decided to curl it for the event.

I came to see Shinhye. She was so beautiful. She was wearing a princess inspired dress. I am so happy for her.

 

“Soon Geum!” She invited me inside the room.

“Shinhye!” I hugged her.

“You are so beautiful.”

“You are the prettiest here! I am so happy for you!”

“Thank you!”

“Have you seen the band?”

“No…”

“Minhwan?”

“No.”

“I am so nervous!”

“Don’t be everything would go well!”

“Thank you Soon Geum for everything.”

 

I just hugged her. I was about to cry when the organizer went in.

 

“Please get ready. The wedding will start in a minute.”

“See you outside!” I told her.

 

She just nodded.

I stood in front of the door and got ready for the entourage.

***

As planned, after the emcee spoke, the door opened. Minhwan and his parents was the first one to enter. Minhwan was handsome. Though he was the maknae of the group, he was the first one to get married. When Minhwan was already in front, the band started to sing. I thought Minhwan would hire another band but when I peeked, it was F.T. Island.

 

“Miss, please get in.”

 

I stood and took a deep breath. I was holding a small bouquet of white roses. I was walking down the aisle when I looked at the singers. Hongki, Jonghun, Seunghyun, Minhwan, and Jaejin were singing. Jaejin looked the same. Our eyes met each other. I didn’t know if I should stop but luckily, I was just in time to turn to my seat.

The ceremony was romantic and solemn. They were the happiest couple that I have seen.

 

***

“…in sickness and in health…” Minhwan was certain to be with her.

“…for richer or for poorer…” Shinhye said with love to Minhwan.

“’til death do us part.” Minhwan and Shinhye were happy to be binded together.

***

The whole wedding was a success. Everything went well as planned. We were about to send off Shinhye and Minhwan to their honeymoon when Shinhye approached me, handed me a door keycard and whispered.

 

“This would be your room tonight. Don’t go home. This would be my treat for you for helping me out.” And she winked.

 

I just nodded. I was about to check-in and good thing she gave me this. It saves me a lot of money.

They went on their way. As I got back the hotel, I didn’t saw any traces of FT Island. I think they went home already.

I went to the 12th floor to get my things from Shinhye’s room and transfer it to my 10th floor suite.

 

***

The suite that Shinhye gave me was so beautiful. It had a beautiful view of the city. I was standing by the window and enjoying the view when suddenly someone hugged me from behind.

 

“I missed you so much.” It was a familiar voice whispering to my ear.

“Jaejin?”

“I wanted you for so long…”

“Please! Let me go!” I was trying to break-free from his hug.

“Please. Let’s stay like this just for a minute.”

 

I stopped. I was breathing so fast.

 

“Calm down… I am not going to hurt you.” He said.

 

I started to calm down and he let me go.

 

“Why are you here?” I was starting to raise my voice.

“I asked a favor from Shinhye. I want to know the reason why you broke up with me.”

“You don’t need to know. I’m going home.”

 

I was about to take my bag when he stopped and held my hand.

 

“Let’s talk.”

“There’s no need to talk about. You and Meeyon are getting married.”

“I know but I want you to listen to me.”

“Well, hurry up. I want to go home.”

 

I was standing near the door with my hands crossed on my chest. He sat down.

“The engagement will still push through. Abeoji and Meeyon’s father already had a date. We have a new plan. I would reject Meeyon in front of everybody then she would runaway with Seunghyun.”

“Why are you telling me these?”

“Because I want to know the reason why you left me.”

“I don’t deserve you and your love.”

“Who told you?! You are the only person that I have loved this much that I am willing to give up my life.”

“Then have your life. I want my life back. The life that I’ve had before. The life I’ve had before I met you.” I raised my voice and started to cry.

 

I rushed towards the door when he suddenly reached for my hand. He pulled me back to the room and hugged me.

 

“I know you still love me. Your eyes still can’t lie.”

 

I was crying so hard that it makes me weak. I wanted him to let go of me but I can’t.

 

“I love you. I still love you.” was all I could say.