Photographs

The Promise

 

Jaejin's POV

 

Everything is a mistake. She misinterpreted everything. She went away. She left me.

 

“Nerise. I know my father sent you to ruin our relationship.”

“No. I even don’t know your father.”

“I’ve asked someone to follow you. My father is in the country and talked to you. If you guys are planning to destroy my family, I’m telling you, it won’t happen.”

 

I sat inside my car and revved the engine. I was driving back to the hotel when I passed by the intersection. There was a commotion as if someone was hit by a car. I got off the car and looked at what happened.

 

The car seems familiar. It has the same plate number with our roadie.

 

“Sir, what happened here?” I asked one of the policemen attending on the scene.

“A woman driving was involved in an accident with a truck.” He said.

“What? Woman?” I was getting nervous.

“Yes. We found her wallet. She’ll be brought to the hospital.”

“What’s her name?”

“Sorry but we can’t give you any details about this situation unless you are related to the victim.”

“I know who owns this car. I know who drives this car.” Anxiety hits me.

“She’s Ms. Zowee Smith.” He cracked the name.

“Zowee? My Zowee? She’s my girlfriend…”

 

I ran towards the ambulance. Paramedics were already blocking the door.

 

“Please go to the hospital directly if you know the victim. She’s in critical stage.”

“Critical?” I can feel my tears pouring.

 

The ambulance went on its way. I ran back to my car and followed the ambulance.

 

What will happen to my Zowee? I need to explain to her everything. Zowee, I was wrong. Zowee, I’m so sorry. Please hold on. Please do it for our Charlie. I love you more than anything else. My love, please come back. My love, I want to see you smile again. Zowee…

 

***

I called everyone and told them about the news. I called Mr. and Mrs. Smith and told them what have happened to Zowee. They would get Charlie and take of her first. My fellow band members went to the hospital.

 

“Hyung, where is she?” Minhwan asked me.

“She’s still under observation. They are looking for possible complications that could occur.”

“What happened to my best friend?!” Shinhye was crying.

“I’m sorry Shinhye. This is all my fault.” I told her.

“What? What happened?” Jonghun asked.

“She overheard my conversation with Nerise. She heard that Nerise was with my child.”

“WHAT?! You… All what she ever did was to love you! Now, you are repaying her with this! Damn!” Shinhye was furious.

“It’s a misunderstanding! Abeoji asked her to do it to make me stay away from Zowee! He doesn’t know that I am with Charlie and Zowee in this tour. But he knows that I am back with Zowee. She left immediately and never let me explain to her what had happened. I am sorry. I am sorry.” I broke down.

 

After a few minutes, the doctor went outside of the emergency room and told us news.

 

“She is already safe but still unconscious. We don’t know when she would wake up but she’s in good state. She will be placed in her own private room in a few minutes.”

 

Good thing that she was already in good state. Thank god she’s far from danger.

 

***

I called my private investigator.

 

“Where does he stay?” I asked him.

“He’s at Fairmont Hotel.” He told me.

“Ok. Thank you. Just check your bank account.”

“Yes. Thank you sir.”

 

After making the call, I talked to Seunghyun.

 

“Seunghyun, tell them that I would just go somewhere. Call me if something happens or when Zowee’s parents arrive.”

“Where are you going hyung?” He asked me.

“To fix everything up.”

 

I drove to the Fairmont Hotel and went to see my father.

 

***

He stayed at the penthouse of the hotel. His bodyguards opened the door and I got in. He was having his breakfast with Shin hyung.

 

“Oh. Jaejin, have breakfast with us.” Abeoji invited me with his sinister smile.

“Are you now happy? You almost killed someone because of your selfishness and lies. You even used my friend to destroy my relationship with her! Tell me Abeoji, why don’t you like her? Why? Why?” I was shouting at the top of my lungs.

“Jaejin, sit down first.” Lee Shin hyung asked me.

“No. I just want Abeoji to answer my question.”

“You really want to know?” Abeoji stood up.

 

He picked up an envelope in a small coffee table and handed them to me. I opened looked at the contents of the envelope. They were pictures of Zowee’s mother.

 

“Because she is her daughter.” He said.

 

I was surprised. Why? What did Zowee’s mother do to him? What have she done that father is like planning a revenge on her using Zowee?

 

“What did she do to you Abeoji?” I asked him.

“You’ll know at the right time…”

“Tell me!”

“I don’t want you to be with her. Cut all relations that you have with her.” He asked me.

“No. I can’t Abeoji. I won’t.”

“Why? Why is it hard for you to follow my orders?”

“Because I have a child with her! She has your granddaughter! Abeoji! Please stop it.”

 

Father was surprised of what I have said.

 

I hope everything changes after this.

 

 

 

~~sorry for the late update. mianhaeyo... T.T but oh well... i hope everyone is doing fine. :D