Secrets Revealed?

The Promise

 

“Eomma, I don’t know what I would do...” I was with my mother in her room.

“Let’s keep Charlie. Hide her tomorrow.” She suggested.

“But how?” My nervous voice was getting louder.

“We’ll check-in a hotel tomorrow until the next day.”

“What about her things?”

“I’ll take care of that.”

 

***

The next day, there were almost 10 helpers in the house. Clearing every single trace that Charlie has in our home was everything they are doing. Before noon, Eomma, Papa and Charlie already left. I was preparing for the upcoming dinner when someone called me.

 

It was an unknown number.

 

“Hello?” I answered.

“Hello? Is this Ms. Zowee Smith?” A guy’s voice was on the phone.

“Yes.”

“Soon Geum! This is Minhwan!”

“Minhwan?! Oh my. How are you?”

“I am fine.”

“Why did you call suddenly?”

“Well, I will just confirm that we are coming tonight together with the band.”

“Oh. Okay. Well, I’m already preparing for the dinner.”

“Meeyon, Myugul hyung and Maeri Eomma will also come.”

“Meeyon? She’s here? Araseo. I’ll note that.”

“Thank you for inviting us. I’m really looking forward to see you.”

“Me too. I missed you guys, like a lot!”

“Araseo.. See you!”

“Ne…”

 

And we hung up.

 

***

I finished cleaning and preparing for dinner. They would come at around six in the evening, I guess. It is already five in the afternoon and I have to prepare myself. Before going to my room, I did a last minute check around the house and looked if there are traces left of Charlie.

 

After checking and made sure that there won’t be a probable cause of a problem, I hurriedly go to the shower. I made sure that I had a smooth complexion by applying my Victoria’s Secret lotion. I dried up my hair immediately giving me my natural wavy hair. My walk-in closet was full of clothes from my line and it was difficult to choose. It was arranged according to its color. I passed by the blue clothes rack and saw this Grecian cocktail dress. It goes well with my gold earrings. Being simple is my style and I don’t want to over accessorize myself.

 

I applied a natural make-up making my lips have pink plum color. I was finished preparing when someone was already at the door.

 

I ran and opened the door.

“Soon Geum!” It was Shinhye carrying Chinyong.

“Oh my! Please come in…” I invited them to come inside.

“Your house is… so… beautiful!” Shinhye was amazed looking around.

“Hello there, Soon Geum.” Minhwan greeted.

“I missed you!” Hongki was jolly as usual. He hugged me.

“Hongki!!!” I said.

“Hello, Soon Geum!” Jonghun greeted.

“Soon Geum!” Maeri eonnie hugged me.

“Eonnie! I missed you! And you too, Myugul hyung!” I said.

“How could I not miss my first and last student?” Myugul hyung hugged me.

“Seunghyun! Meeyon! How are you? Congratulations!” I greeted the happy couple.

“Well, we missed you this big that we went here.” Meeyon said.

“Come in!” I invited.

 

There was no person left. No Jaejin. I was about to close the door when someone stopped it.

 

“You’re not going to invite me in?” A familiar voice said.

“Eh?”

 

I opened the door. It was him. The doctor. My Jaejin. My one true love.

  

“Oh. Come in.” I was embarrassed.

“Thank you.”  

 

We walked towards the dining area together. Everyone was waiting for us.

 

“Jonghun, look how cute they are! I miss those happy---“ Hongki said.

“Shhhhhhhhh!” Jonghun stopped him.

 

There was a pause. Everyone just looked at us.

 

“Well, let’s eat?” I broke the silence.

“Umm.. Yes!” Shinhye said.

 

I invited them to the dining area. We had a lot to catch-up. From the band’s debut to their flight to America. Jaejin was quiet. He was not talking. He just watches us.

 

Dinner was finished and everyone went outside to look at our pool area. I served cocktails at our mini bar. I offered everyone. Jonghun and Hongki were sitting at the couch in front of the campfire pit. Meeyon and Seunghyun were walking at the pool side, holding hands. Shinhye and Minhwan were playing with Chinyong. Maeri and Myugul were looking at the beautiful view. Jaejin was sitting at one of the recliners. He was looking straight the pool. I can’t help myself look at him. His eyes were shining against the rays of light from the pool. He was still the Jaejin I fell in love with. He suddenly looked at me and met my gaze.

 

“Hey there beautiful lady!” Shinhye suddenly approached me.

“My goodness!”

 

I dropped the cocktail glass. Everyone looked at my direction.

 

“Oh my. Soon Geum, I am sorry. I didn’t mean to.” Shinhye was about to pick the shattered glass.

“No! I’ll do this. I’m fine. You better keep Chinyong away from here.”

 

I immediately picked up the shattered pieces of glass.

 

“Ouch!” My right thumb was bleeding.

“I knew this would happen.” A familiar voice said and held my arms and rushed me inside.

 

***

“Guys, stay outside. I’ll handle this.” Jaejin stopped everyone getting inside.

“Yes, doctor.” Hongki said.

“Hurry…” Myugul asked them.

 

We were left alone inside the house. Jaejin was looking for around the house. I knew he was looking for the first-aid kit.

 

“It’s on the counter top cabinet beside the cereals.” I said.

 

He looked at the cabinet and got the first-aid kit. He cleaned my wound. He applied every medicine that could stop the bleeding.

 

“You should be more careful.” Jaejin’s voice was telling something.

“I know.” I replied.

“Not this thing.” He said while placing the bandage around my thumb.

“Huh?” I was confused.

“You think you could keep everything?” He was slowly raising his voice.

“What are you talking about?” I was walking away from him when he suddenly grabbed my hand.

 

I just looked at him. His eyes were filled with anger. I can feel his grip getting tighter.

 

“Stop! Let go of me! I’m hurting!” I was trying to get my hand away from him.

“How long are you going to keep this as a secret?!”

“What secret?!”

“When are you going to keep me away from her?!” He was shouting at me.

“From whom?!” I was also raising my voice.

“Do you think you could keep her as a secret and never tell me!?”

“WHO?! TELL ME!?” I was trying to act out as if I don’t know that he’s talking about our Charlie.

“CHARLIE! MY DAUGHTER!” He shouted.

 

I was stunned. He knew Charlie. He knew my secret.

 

 

 

 

~~Merry Christmas my dear readers! I LOVE YOU ALL! :D