I Didn't Know What To Do...

The Promise

 

“No…” I said.

“Let’s give this relationship a second chance…” He really wanted us to be back.

 

He held my arms making me look at him. His face was still the same. It was so divine.

 

“I want you back. Even if it means to court you over and over again. I want you and Charlie. That’s all I want.” He was serious.

“Court me?” I asked.

“Yes. I know it’s hard for me to win your trust back. I’ll do whatever it takes.”

“If you say so…” I smiled at him.

 

He was about to kiss me when I held back.

 

“Oops.” I said.

“Oh. I’m sorry.” He smiled.

“I think we need to go back…”

 

***

“Mommy! Daddy! Where have you been? Charlie doesn’t want to sleep without you!” Charlie welcomed us when we got back to the hotel.

“Okay. Let’s go to bed now. Mommy is also tired.”

 

I carried Charlie to our room. I placed her on the bed and asked her to stay put because I will change clothes. I got in the bathroom and changed clothes.

 

When I opened the door, I saw Jaejin was lying beside Charlie telling her stories.

 

“You have an uncle named Lee Shin.” He was telling her stories of his family.

“Oh. I want to see him! Oh! Mommy! I have a favor!” She saw me peeking at the door.

“Yes, Charlie?” I got out and sat beside her.

“Can we sleep together? The three of us?” Charlie asked me.

“Huh?” I replied.

“I want to sleep with Daddy and Mommy.”

“Of course, Daddy can sleep with you Charlie.” Jaejin was teasing me.

“Please Mommy?”

“Uhmm.. Okay.”

 

Charlie was between the two of us.

 

“Mommy, can you please sing?” She asked me.

“What song?” I asked her.

“Try Pinching Me.” She asked me holding my arms.

“Huh? You know that song?” Jaejin asked Charlie.

“Yes Daddy! Mommy knows it too!”

“Can I sing it for you?” He asked Charlie.

“You know it too?” Charlie was surprised.

“Yes. Is it okay for you Soon Geum?” He asked me.

“Yes.”

He started singing. His voice was still the same. He sings like an angel. Charlie easily went to sleep. After a few minutes, I followed.

 

***

Jaejin and I were having breakfast. Charlie was still sleeping.

 

“Watch our concert later. Here’s your passes.” Jaejin gave me an ID.

“How about Charlie?”

“She can stay with Chaeyong.”

“Araseo.”

“You still sleep like an angel.”

“Huh?” I felt my cheeks turned red.

“I gotta go.”

“Araseo. Take care.”

 

I? Angel? He was watching us sleep?

 

***

The concert hall was full. Many American teenagers were shouting.

 

“FT ISLAND! FT ISLAND!”

“HONGKI!!! JAEJIN!!! JONGHUN!!! SEUNGHYUN!!! MINHWAN!!! SARANGHAEYO!!!”

 

I was with Meeyon and Shinhye back stage.

 

“Gosh! They are so many!” I said.

“The boys seem to be really popular.” Shinhye said.

“Of course they are!” Meeyon exclaimed.

 

We’ll be starting in 5 minutes!! Places everyone! Bring the band now!

 

When the lights turned off, the shouting became louder. It’s like there was an earthquake.

 

“HELLO!” Hongki greeted everyone.

 

They started to play and the concert was a success.

 

***

After the concert, Meeyon and I went to the dressing room. Everyone was there except for Jaejin.

 

“Where’s Jin?” I asked Minhwan.

“He went out.” He replied.

“Oh. Okay.”

 

I felt that there was something wrong. I went outside and looked for him.

 

I passed by the parking lot. Jaejin was near a car talking to somebody. I came closer to look who he was talking to. Accidentally, I heard their conversation.

 

“So you are going to leave me just like that?” It was a woman’s voice.

“I told you. I don’t love you. What happened to us was a joke!” He was shouting.

“Oh really? Now, tell me. How come you told me that I am your girlfriend and made me look like a fool telling my friends that you are mine!?” She was also shouting.

 

“Girlfriend?” I thought to myself.

 

“Why did you do that? First of all, you are not my girlfriend! You are just my colleague!” He said.

“What am I going to do with this? Am I just going to kill this thing inside me?!”

 

“Thing?” I spoke up.

“Soon Geum-ssi...?” Jaejin was surprised to see me.

“Ms. Smith?” It was Doctor Nerise, Charlie’s pediatrician.

“What is this?” I asked them.

“Well, Ms. Smith. This guy has a responsibility with me and he’s my boyfriend.”

“I am not!” Jaejin was shouting at her.

“Boyfriend?” Tears suddenly rushed.

“Everything is a lie Soon Geum! Don’t believe her.”

 

I ran back to the concert hall. I was crying hard. I can’t believe this. I thought everything would be fine. I stopped before entering the door when suddenly Jaejin caught my hand.

 

“Let me explain...”

“What explanation do I need? I heard it all! Everything! Now, you are going to tell me to go back together?! How about Charlie?! How about that kid?! No. I won’t go and believe in your lies anymore! I hate you! I hate you! I should have not given you the second chance! I hate you!”

 

I knelt down and cry. I was weak. I didn’t know what to do.