Fort Mason

The Promise

 

“Don’t make fun of me, please? I won’t make a fool out of myself anymore.” I said.

 

He let go of my hand and I walked out of the room.

 

***

“I’m so sorry if I ruined this night.” I told everyone as they were about to leave.

“It’s okay dear. We are sorry too.” Maeri said.

“We’ll see you next week.” Myugul said.

“Yes.” I replied.

“Soon Geum, I never thought this would happen. I should have not…” Shinhye was carrying the sleeping Chinyong.

“It’s fine. I guess this is really meant to happen. See you next week.” I told her, making her feel at ease.

“Have some rest now…” Hongki told me.

“Yes, I will.” I assured him.

 

Everyone hopped in their van and Jaejin was the last one to come out of the house.

 

“See you…” He told me.

 

I didn’t look at him. I don’t want to meet his eyes. I don’t want to.

 

Jaejin was the one driving the van. I watched them as they go. Eomma suddenly stand beside me.

 

“Zowee, Papa and I want to talk with you.” She told me.

 

I just nodded.

 

***

“I don’t want Charlie to have no father. I understand how you feel but wouldn’t it be good for her to be close to her father.” Eomma said.

“I know. I agreed with Maeri eonnie already.” I told her.

“I’ll take care of everything. Don’t worry about it Zowee…” Papa assured me.

“Are you sure, Papa?” I asked.

“Yes. Your mother and I would be together in handling the business. Don’t worry. Just do everything for Charlie.” Papa said.

“How about Jaejin?” Mother asked.

“I don’t know Eomma. I will just go with the flow.” I said.

“Just take care. Araseo?” Eomma was making sure.

“Ne…”

 

***

And that’s a wrap everyone! Congratulations for a wonderful show!!

 

Our launch was a success. Many guests came and was impressed by the new clothing line for kids. Too bad Charlie didn’t see it. Charlie is now with the band and is flying to San Francisco. They are waiting for me at the airport. I have my bags packed. I was about to rev my car when someone called.

 

“Mommy!!” It was Charlie’s.

“Yes baby?”

“Where are you?”

“I’m going to the airport now baby.”

 

I revved my engine.

 

“Are you going with Benz?” She loved my Benz so much.

“Yes baby. Why?”

“I’ll wait for you here. I want to see Benz too.”

“Yes baby. Mommy’s going to drive now. I’ll see you in a few minutes. I love you.”

“I love you too Mommy.”

“Bye Bye!”

“Wait mommy! Aren’t you going to tell Daddy that you love him?”

“Huh?”

“Tell him you love him!”

“Aaaaah… I love you.”

“Daddy! Tell her too! Hurry!”

“I love you too…” It was Jaejin.

“Ok.. Bye now!”

 

I hang up.

 

***

We had a short flight. As soon as we landed to San Francisco, we immediately went to the hotel. Our hotel rooms were divided for each member. One for Minhwan and his family, a big room for Myugul and his family, Hongki and Jonghun shared the same room, Meeyon and Seunghyun had their own, and we were with Jaejin. We immediately went to our own rooms.

 

Our room has also two rooms in it.

 

“How are we going to divide this place?” Jaejin asked me.

“Charlie and I will share one room.” I told him.

“Araseo. You can have the larger one.”

 

He grabbed our bags and placed it in the biggest room.

 

“Daddy!” Charlie was rushing towards her father.

“Hello there little girl!” He carried her.

“Daddy! Can I go to Chinyong’s room? I want to play with him. Can you accompany me?” She asked.

“Well, let’s go!”

“Mommy, you want to come?” She asked me.

“No. I’ll just stay here. I’ll fix our things. Have fun and don’t fight with Chinyong. Okay?” I told her.

“Yes Mommy.”

 

They went outside.

 

I was left alone and was looking over the view. Our room has a good view of the place. San Francisco was still a cool place. I sat down the cozy couch and opened the television.

After an hour, someone knocked on the door. I opened it and was surprised.

 

“Oh my, she fell asleep.” Charlie was sleeping on Jaejin’s arms.

“Oh yes. She’s kind of heavy.”

“Oh. Here…” I opened the door wide enough to fit them in.

 

He placed her on our king sized bed. I placed blankets over her and wiped off the little sweats over her face.

 

“She seems tired.” I told him.

“Well, I guess Chinyong too. We just found them sleeping beside each other.” He was on the other side of the bed.

 

We just looked at each other. I started to blush.

 

“Uhmm… I just need to go wash up.” I told him.

“Araseo. Me too…” He rushed towards the door and went out.

 

***

I stayed for this bathtub for about 30 minutes by now. I am still thinking. What if Jaejin and I would be together again? No. Yes? Why not? He said he loves me. I want to be with him but my mind tells me no.  I can’t. After everything that had happened between me and his family, what would be the outcome if we would be together again? I want Charlie to have her own family. I don’t want her to despise us when she grows up having a broken family. No. I want her to be happy.

 

I was thinking deeply when someone knocked on the door.

 

“Mommy? Charlie needs to potty…” Charlie was knocking.

“Oh. Baby. I’ll open it.”

 

I rushed over my towel and wrapped it around my body. I opened the door when I saw Charlie with Jaejin.

 

“GAAAAAAAA! What are you doing here?!” I closed the door.

“Mommy! Charlie needs to potty!!!” Charlie was shouting.

“I’m sorry. The toilet seat for kids is in your cabinet. I don’t have mine in my room.” Jaejin said.

“What!? Charlie! Come in!” I opened the door a little, enough for Charlie to come in.

 

Charlie did her potty and I washed up. I rushed to clean myself. I wrapped myself with a new towel and used the bathrobe. I opened the door and Jaejin wasn’t there anymore. Gosh. Thank god.

 

I asked Charlie to go outside and watch cartoons first as I dress up. I locked the door. I looked for an appropriate thing to wear when Jaejin knocked and told me.

 

“We’ll be having dinner outside. Chinyong’s Nanny will take care of the kids.”

 

We’ll be going out? Eottoke? What should I wear? A dress? Jeans? What?

 

***

“Heya, Jin! Soon Geum and you look like a couple.” Hongki greeted us.

 

Yes, we do look like a couple. We never thought that both of us would wear the same color of clothes. I wore my simple white dress with floral design while he wore a plain white tee and a gray vest.

 

“Did you guys talked?” Jonghun asked us.

“Aneeyo!” We both answered.

“Where’s Myugul hyung?” Minhwan asked.

“Oh. They said that they won’t be joining us since Myugul is busy preparing for the concert tomorrow.” Jonghun said.

“Let’s go?” Shinhye said.

 

We rode the van. Jaejin was the one driving and I sat beside him. We were not talking to each other. Everyone was talking. I was quiet the whole time.

 

We arrived at this restaurant called The Little Pot. It was restaurant serving different delicacies from Asia. The menu was arranged by each country. There were Philippines, China, Singapore, Japan, India, and even Korea. We ordered different dishes from each country, making our table filled with food.

 

“Hmm… everything is so delicious!” Hongki said.

 

He even took a picture and tweeted it.

 

We had a fun-filled night. We talked about concerts, all about our life, everything!

 

After dinner, we went to Fort Mason for a walk.

 

***

Everyone got on their separate ways, making up our own time to meet-up. Jaejin and I were together. We were looking over the bodies of water and watched the moon reflect over it.

 

“The moon is beautiful, isn’t it?” He asked.

“Yes, it is.” I replied.

“Did you know that there is place named Treasure Island here?”

“Really?”

“Yes.”

“Oh…”

 

There was another irrelevant pause.

 

“Soon Geum, I really want you back.”

“Huh?” I was amazed of the waters.

“I want you back. I want to have you and Charlie back.”

“I’m afraid.”

“Afraid of what?”

“Your father. Your brother.”

“What about them?”

“I’m afraid they won’t like me.”

“They will like you…”

 

An awkward silence…

 

“How about Charlie?” I asked him.

“They knew about it already…”