Plan

The Promise

 

We had a wonderful dinner. Catching up was a good thing for the band. I was at ease when I knew that I would always be a part of the band. I drove Soon Geum home. We had a little chat while I was driving.

 

“Oppa…”

“Why?”

“You were telling us a while ago that you drove past the speed limit… But why did you come late.”

“Aaaah… there.” I pointed on my small compartment.

“Ticket? Over-speeding…” She read the ticket that she saw inside.

“I was chased by the police. I explained to them that I was on hurry. They thought I was a thief or something…”

“Aaaah… I see. You better watch out next time. Araseo?”

“Ne.”

“Don’t drive too fast!”

“Am I making you nervous?”

“Uhmmm…”

 

I pulled over and stopped for awhile.

 

“I’m sorry. I won’t do that again…” I was looking at her brushing my hands through her blonde hair.

“Ya! You’re making it messy.” She was embarrassed.

 

I kissed her. Her lips were so warm. I can feel my blood rushing. I can feel myself blush.

 

“Oppa. Let’s go. It’s getting late.”

“Ah.. Ne…”

 

***

“Young Master, you need to meet with the Mr. Seo and his daughter.” Butler Seo said while preparing my breakfast.

“Why?”

“You need to talk about some business that your father needs to settle with them.”

“What time?”

“Mr. Seo is requesting that you have to talk about it over lunch. Please meet him at Villa Sortino.”

“Okay.”

 

It was still early so I went to a flower shop. I bought a dozen of sunflowers and was planning to bring them to Soon Geum. I knew that it was her favorite flower.

 

***

Ding Dong!

 

“Who’s there?” A voice of a lady asked on the door screen.

“Uhmm.. It’s Lee Jaejin.”

 

The door opened and I immediately went in. Mrs. Smith opened the door for me.

 

“Oh. Jaejin. You look like Soon Geum.” She was surprised.

“Ah… The hair. We love being blonde.” I was joking.

“She’s still asleep. Should I wake her up?”

“Aneeyo. Uhmm.. Have you already made breakfast?”

“I am starting. Would you like to help?

“Ahh.. Sure!” I accepted her offer.

 

We made omelet for her breakfast. I also made pancakes for her.

 

“You do the plating. Give her the royal treatment.” Her mother suggested with a wink.

 

I placed the pancakes, omelet, a hot glass of milk and a sunflower on the tray. Her mother opened the door for me and closed it quietly. Her room was full of pictures. Her table was full of books. I saw her bass guitar in a corner. She was still peacefully sleeping. I placed the tray on her table and started looking at her things. Her pictures were all from America. She had a picture with her father. A picture of a red car with a caption beside it, My first baby, was beside her picture. She had lots of books, mostly is about business. I can see that she is a very studious person. There was also a picture with her mother and even with Shinhye. A picture of the band was also posted on her wall. On the left side of the wall was our picture taken on our 100th day.

 

I heard her blankets moved and she woke up. I brought the tray to her while she was still sitting.

 

“Good morning, my princess.” I greeted her.

“Oppa. What are you doing here?” She was still yawning.

“Breakfast in bed.”

“Oh. Gomawo.”

“I thought you were already up when I came when your mother allowed me to come in.”

“Oh. Thank you oppa.”

“These are small things to thank you for everything you have done for me.”

“Aaaw…”

 

She kissed me on my forehead.

 

“Did you cook these?” She asked.

“Eomma helped me…”

“Really? Eomma really has many reasons to make fun of me.”

 

We had a blissful time together. It was almost lunch time when I bid goodbye. I immediately went to Villa Sortino.

 

***

“Jaejin, how is your father doing?” Mr. Seo of Meeyon Group of Companies.

“He’s getting better every day, sir.” I said.

“I heard you already met my daughter, Meeyon.” He was referring to Seunghyun’s girlfriend.

“Ah. Yes.” I replied.

“Abeoji…” Meeyon was trying to get out of the topic.

“Anyway, I called up this meeting to ask you when we are going to push through the engagement. I know your father is still not well but we need to fix this so that when he wakes up he would not think of it anymore.”

 

Meeyon and I were quietly sitting listening to him. I know Meeyon loves Seunghyun and I love Soon Geum too. How are we going to get out of this.

 

“Father, I think Jaejin and I should be the one planning this thing.” Meeyon suggested.

 

Meeyon! What are you doing? If you really love Seunghyun, why are you doing this? Plan this out? No. I would not agree with you.

 

We finished our lunch and Mr. Seo left us alone.

 

“Meeyon, we need to talk.” I told her.

“Araseo.”

 

We went to the hotel café and talked about what we are going to do.

 

“We are planning to runaway.” Meeyon said.

“Runaway? Why?”

“Because I want to be with Seunghyun.”

“Why won’t you tell your father that you don’t want me.”

“I already told him. He won’t listen. Did you tell yours too?”

“Yes. But he also didn’t listen.”

“Eottoke?”

“Our engagement would not push through until my father wakes up.”

“What are you saying?”

“Let’s plan our ‘engagements’ behind their backs.”

“Engagments?”

“Here’s our plan…”