A New Promise

The Promise

 

After two weeks, Zowee recovered from the accident. She can now walk alone by herself and do some light house chores. Though, we postponed the band tour first, the band supported and took care of us.

 

Abeoji and Lee Shin went back to Seoul. We went back to Los Angeles for Zowee’s recovery. The band and I are currently staying at the hotel and they occasionally visit her while I visit her everyday.

 

I am having a good relationship with my child, Charlie. I just feel happy right now that my family is complete. She recognizes me as her father. She even calls me ‘Daddy’ which makes me happier. Now, Zowee is having her regular nap time while Charlie and I are playing in her playground.

 

“Daddy! Look! I’m the princess!” She was showing me her crown while she is sliding down the slide.

“I know and I am the King!” I laughingly told her.

“Daddy, are you going to stay with us? I want to see you and be with you everyday. I don’t want to see you leave today… Stay here with us… PLEASE?” she was pleading in front of me. I can’t resist her puppy-like brown eyes. She really looks like her mom.

“Hmm… We’ll ask you grandma… Araseo?” Oops. I forgot she only knows a little Korean.

“Ne! Saranghaeyo, appa!” She hugs my legs.

 

I felt like my heart jumped. I love this kid. I love my family. It feels so good that everything seems to be complete. Everything is at its place right now.

 

“We’re home!” Sonia eomma and David appa arrived.

“Granma! Granpa!!!!” Charlie rushed in and hugged her grandparents.

“Hello there little angel! Hmmm… Look at what I have for you…” David appa showed her a new doll.

“Omo! I loved this doll a lot! Thank you Granpa!” She hugged him again.

“Where is Zowee?” Sonia eomma asked me.

“I think she’s still sleeping… Should I wake her up?” I asked.

“Ah… It’s time for her medicine.” She said.

“Alright. I’ll wake her up.” I rushed up towards her bedroom.

 

I knocked first, as a sign of courtesy, and opened the door. She was still lying in her bed. I sat down at her side and watched her. I slowly my fingers in her hair going to her angelic face. This is the woman I would want to spend my whole life with.

 

“I will keep my promise, Zowee.” I whispered.

 

She slowly moved her head and slowly opened her eyes.

 

“Oh… You’re here… Where’s Charlie?” she was still wiping her eyes.

“She’s downstairs with Eomma and Appa…” I told her while cupping my right hand to her face.

“Hey… I feel embarrassed!” She was blushing.

“Why?” I started to giggle.

“Ya!” She was so red.

 

I cupped her face with my two hands and leaned closer to her.

 

“I love you…” I said.

 

Her face was so warm but she only looked at me and smiled. I suddenly felt her warm lips against mine. It was our first kiss since the accident and I felt how I missed her kisses. These kisses would be only mine. Call me possessive but I really love this woman.

 

“Baby, you need to drink your meds.” I had a chance to say between our kiss.

“Oh…” She suddenly stopped and got up her bed.

 

I held her hand as we go downstairs. I can see her smile.

 

“Daddy! Mommy! Dinner is ready!” Charlie welcomed us at the bottom of the stairs.

 

We ate dinner and had a lot of things to talk about. Charlie is very excited to go back to school. I told them that after Zowee regained her health, we would resume our band tour. Zowee said that she would be with us during the tour.

 

“How’s your father, Jin?” Eomma asked.

“Oh. He’s back with Lee Shin hyung and they are asking when are we going to visit them?” I said.

“Hmm… What about after your tour? Let’s go to Seoul. I miss that place already.” Eomma suggested.

“Yes Eomma! I really want to go back there!” Zowee was ecstatic.

“Granma, what is Seoul?” Charlie asked.

“It is where we came from…” Eomma explained.

 

After dinner, David appa and I had a small talk.

 

“Jaejin, I want you to make sure that Zowee and Charlie would be okay. I am entrusting them to you.” He rested his hand on my shoulder, patting it.

“Yes appa… I know now my responsibility as a father of this family. But can I ask you something ?” I guess this is the right time to ask him this.

“What is it?” He asked.

“Can I have… Zowee’s hand for marriage?” Please say yes…

“Yes…” He smiled. “I know you can take care of her and our little angel… Please don’t leave and hurt them again… especially Charlotte.”

“Yes appa. I promise.” I smiled.

 

 

I promise to be with her. I promise not to hurt her anymore. I will never leave their side. This is a new promise.

 

 

A promise that I would keep forever.

 

 

I love you Zowee. I love you this much that even after death, you will surely be the one who owns my heart.