Eighteen

Five Makes A Family

“Don’t come near him again.” Sungoh’s voice is cold as ice.

 

“It was an accident, I really didn’t mean to-”

 

“You didn’t mean to?” Taehyung barks out a mirthless laugh before he narrows his eyes at Jackson. “You didn’t mean for him to leave, I think you meant. You didn’t mean for him to come home crying and for me to have to promise not to tell our parents, to not hunt you down and hurt you. You didn’t mean for him to cry himself to sleep every night for the past week. You didn’t mean for any of this to happen but it did.”

 

“I really do love him-”

 

“Tell that to him. He’s the one you have to apologize to.”

 

“I tried,” protests Jackson. “I tried calling and texting-he won’t answer any of them. He avoids me at school and practice and I can’t...he won’t talk to me.”

 

“With good reason,” spits out Sungoh. He’s never been this angry before. “He’s my little brother and I could easily rip your spine out right now. But I promised him I wouldn’t.”

 

“I want him back, you have to believe me,” pleads Jackson, looking at the other hopefully. “I would do anything to get him back.”

 

“Will he go back to you?” Taehyung raises an eyebrow, pushing down all of his anger so he won’t explode. “I don’t see why he should.”

 

“He loves me too and we can work through this, we can work everything out-” Jackson continues to explain hurriedly, hope shining in his eyes, tone mixed with sadness and desperation. Sungoh rolls his eyes. Taehyung frowns.

 

He thought this guy would be good for Bambam. He seemed like a decent person and Bambam did always seem happier when they were together or his eyes lit up when talking about him. But he just ruined it all in one fell swoop.

 

Taehyung is supposed to protect Bambam. But he failed.

 

It seems though, that Jackson really is regretful. He may have a habit of sleeping around (something Taehyung only found out about after he knew his brother was with him) but he didn’t think it would be such a hard habit to break.

 

He thought Jackson was done with it after being with Bambam. He seemed to be over it and when the two were together, Taehyung could tell they cared deeply about each other.

 

“You really love him, don’t you?” interrupts Taehyung and Jackson nods desperately.

 

“I want to make it up to him, to you. I never meant for any of this to happen, I just…” he pauses. “I just want him to be happy.”

 

Taehyung stares at him, then looks to Sungoh. “Hyung-”

 

“No. Absolutely not. He’s not getting near Bam again.”

 

But he does love him Taehyung tries to say with his eyes. Sungoh scowls but he already knows he’s lost when Taehyung gives him those eyes. He’ll just

have to be more observant than usual.

 

He turns back to Jackson who has the decency to look abashed. “Fine. I’ll help you. But if you ever hurt him again, I will end you completely.”


Just what is with me and angsty breakups? But don't worry all, Jackbam will still be together through the story. I think. I haven't exactly planned that far.

Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving to all, I hope it's an amazing one  ^.^