Thirteen

Five Makes A Family

“I’m Jackson Wang,” Jackson introduces himself after being escorted into the Park household. “Bam’s friend.”

 

Baekhyun nods, eyes trailing up and down. “You mean boyfriend, right?”

 

“Umma!” whines Bambam, flushing slightly. Jackson smiles at him.

 

“Your words, not mine.”

 

“Uh huh,” says Baekhyun, smiling pleasantly. “Do you want anything to drink, Jackson? I know you have a date and all, but I think we should talk first.”

 

“Umma, what is there to talk about?” protests Bambam but Jackson just waves it away, giving him a reassuring look.

 

“It’s fine Bam, we can talk. I’ll have water please, if that’s fine.”

 

“Of course.” Baekhyun turns away to fill it and Jackson leans over to whisper in Bambam’s ear.

 

“I’m not too worried about him.”

 

“You should be,” Bambam whispers back. “Appa should be fine but umma...this is the calm before the storm.”

 

Taehyung watches them in amusement. Baekhyun and Chanyeol weren’t too worried when he told them about Jungkook-they had been friends for years, so they already knew almost everything. Even with Sungoh, they were more concerned that he was treating his girlfriend right. But Jackson is new and since Bambam’s the youngest, Taehyung’s expecting their protective instincts to skyrocket through the roof.

 

“So Jackson, tell me about yourself,” Baekhyun says, handing him the glass of water and settling on the couch across from them. Bambam had made to sit by Jackson but one look from Baekhyun and he sits in the armchair next to Jackson’s meekly. “How did you meet Bam?”

 

“We met at dance class actually,” explains Jackson, taking a sip of water. “I thought he danced really well and wanted to get to know him better. He also offered to tutor me in math because it’s not my, uh, strongest subject.” He flashes a winning smile but Baekhyun looks unimpressed.

 

“I see.” His eyes flicker to Taehyung. “Did Sungoh already leave?”

 

“Yeah, and he already met Jackson. You can relax, umma.”

 

“Hmm. Tae, can you get your appa please? I think he should be in the backyard.”

 

Taehyung nods and gets up, seeing Bambam send a glare to their umma. “Is this really necessary, umma? It’s like you’re staging an intervention or something.”

 

“I can understand where he’s coming from,” says Jackson and Baekhyun raises an eyebrow at his quick agreement.

 

“What is it, Baek?” Chanyeol’s voice reaches them before he does but he walks into the room seconds after, wiping his forehead of sweat. He plops down next to his husband, crossing his legs casually before he notices there’s a guest in his home. “Oh, hello.”

 

“Chanyeol, this is Jackson Wang-Bam’s boyfriend,” explains Baekhyun, ignoring Bambam’s embarrassed whine of ‘umma’.

 

“It’s nice to meet you, Jackson.” Chanyeol extends a hand that Jackson quickly grasps, bowing his head slightly.

 

“You too, sir.”

 

Taehyung holds back his laughter. He had seen the slight fear on Jackson’s face when Chanyeol walked in but he knows it’s misplaced. His appa is really tall and has a deep voice but he’s not scary.

 

“How long have you been going out?” Baekhyun asks, putting Jackson on the spot and he shifts, a little uncomfortably.

 

“Well, this is kind of our, um, first date.”

 

“Really?” Baekhyun leans forward. “And how is it going so far?”

 

“Pretty well, I’d say,” answers Jackson and this time, Taehyung snorts in amusement. This guy has balls, talking to his umma like this. Maybe he’s a good match for Bambam after all.

 

“It’d be going even better if we could actually leave for the date,” Bambam points out, glaring at his umma. “Are we done here?”

 

“What do you say, Chanyeol?” Baekhyun gives a side glance to his husband. “Are we done here?”

 

Chanyeol shrugs. “I’d say so. Say, Jackson, you’re welcome anytime-just let us know if we need to cook or something. We just got a new gaming system, so let’s make some use of it. Bam would play more with me if you were here too.”

 

“Thank you,” Jackson says, a little surprised.

 

“I want him home by curfew,” Baekhyun says casually but Jackson can read the protectiveness in it and he now understands that he really should be more scared of him than Chanyeol. “If anything happens to him-”

 

“Umma, it’s fine!” intervenes Bambam, his face coloring. “We’re just going down to the park. I’ll call you, okay?”

 

“I’ll take responsibility,” Jackson says and Baekhyun nods in approval, a hint of a smile on his face.

 

“I’m glad you will.”

 

“So...are you guys leaving or not?” Chanyeol says absently and as Taehyung laughs, grinning widely and Baekhyun rolls his eyes and Bambam slumps in his seat in embarrassment, Jackson wonders just exactly what he’s gotten into.


I just love protective Baekyeol. Well mostly Baek, tbh. Chanyeol's pretty chill about everything.

Guess who just got their drivers license today? ^.^ Freedom ftw!