Under the Moonlight

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He clenched his fists as he felt his tensed veins. He could smell her all over his room and the fact that he knew she was just sleeping next door made him even more anxious. Lee Jinki grabbed the phone on the side table, quickly dialed Chief Choi’s number. “Minho, go to my room.” He spoke in his shaking voice.

“I am not going to tie you, Jinki.” Minho quickly responded as he was already certain of what the master wanted him to do. “You have to work it out on your own.”

“No.” Jinki spoke and temporarily grasped for breath. “I’m… I can… I can kill her. You know I can.”

“Come on, Jinki, for the last 26 years of your life, you haven’t killed anyone. Don’t fret. You can control it.” Minho, despite being 2 years younger than Jinki, encouraged him with confidence. “If things get out of hand, you know I’m always here.” He said lastly and hanged up.

“Ugh.” Jinki almost threw the phone back on the table, shut his eyes, and held himself firmly. He was silently blaming Minho for using such an innocent woman for his sake. Right, Minho would be there. He would rescue the girl from his hands just in case he couldn’t resist the urge to take her. But there once a time when the two of them did a duel, and both of them realized how he was getting stronger as time went by. What if Minho couldn’t control him this time? Would they end up killing the girl? Then what would happen?

Jinki didn’t know where the wind came from but as it blew, he once again smelled the woman. Her bare skin. Her hair. Her breath. He saw her once, even meters away from him, but since she was still downstairs, outside the gate waving at him for help, he could smell her already – that alluring, inviting, and tempting scent of a pure woman.

His eyes opened. The grayish green eyes turning flaring bright blue. His mind couldn’t control the thirst of his body anymore. Jinki stood up from his bed. His jaw rigidly gritted, his muscles all overwrought, his heartbeat walloping. He was too strong that as he held on the doorknob and turned it, the metal hollowed a bit.

“No.” Jinki held his own hand insistently. “No. Lee Jinki. No.” He repeated while staring at the door knob. He was terrified of himself. He was such a monster.

But his body kept fighting with his own mind. He gave in and opened the door. What welcomed him was the strongest scent of the woman inside. It was too strong that he had to close his eyes tightly once again and just absorb the alluring smell. He felt his whole body burning. He couldn’t control it anymore. His last will to fight the monstrous thoughts was dismissed by his raging body needs. He was too thirsty.

Jinki opened his eyes and saw the sight of the woman’s body lying comfortably on the bed. The only clothes she had was the huge t-shirt she was wearing. Her fair and smooth looking thighs exposed and bared. The urge kept building up until she moved to her side and the moonlight illuminated her face.

At that certain point, when he expected himself to jump on her and fight against her strength, Jinki suddenly froze. It’s as if his aggression was tamed by the moonlight. He lost all the cravings and his muscles started relaxing.

He found himself staring at her face. She was peacefully sleeping, the strands of hair sticking on her cheek. He walked closer as slowly and as silently as possible – wary of his control. Jinki was unfamiliar of the reaction and he was not sure if the aggression really left him for good or not.

A hand swiftly stopped him. It was Minho grabbing him on his shoulder. Jinki froze once again before he turned cautiously to Minho.

“Jinki.” There was a surprise on Minho’s expression as he saw the older’s eyes. “Your eyes… they are back to normal.”

Jinki placed his hand on top of Minho’s which was still on his shoulder. “Be on your guard.” He said as he slowly removed it. Minho let go, stepped backward a couple of times while his eyes were still on Jinki’s – on alert just in case he would start showing violence again. 

He continued walking closer to her. Dalbi was so clueless of her surroundings. The heavy rain had stopped although it was still drizzling. As Jinki stood the closest to her, he started seeing her face a lot clearer. Reaching out, he was also able to clear her face. Both he and Minho were holding their breaths as he did that.

Jinki inhaled her scent once more. It was still as strong as before. It was still alluring, but his whole body was weirdly relaxed and calmed. He looked at Minho. His best friend had this unbelievably surprised expression on his face. He was half smiling, half shocked. Jinki grabbed a blanket and covered her carefully, cautious not to touch her skin. She was emanating a very strong scent. It was the strongest he had sensed so far. It was so different. 

They didn’t talk until they were both outside the room. “It was weird.” Jinki uttered as he stared at his hands. “It was as if it was pulled out of me.” He looked at Minho.

“Your eyes

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter