Too hard to resist

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You can hear me, right? You can read my thoughts. Let me in.

Jinki frowned as he heard Dalbi’s mind speak to him. She was challenging him. He didn’t even move though. Jinki stared back, as blankly as he could, although at the back of his mind, he was worried. Dalbi was a different girl. He wouldn’t know whether or not she could read his thoughts as well.

I know you already know what I want.

Again, he read her thoughts, and it was just making him more uncomfortable and confused. He definitely know why she was here. But what Jinki couldn’t understand was about Dalbi being so brave. She could have just dismissed her thoughts and decided to stop thinking about him, but here she was, even dragging herself to something a lot messier.

He knew very well that Dalbi was aware she was about to get into trouble if once again, she would step back into the huge mansion.

“Send her away.” Jinki told Minho who was also frozen behind him. “Whatever happens, don’t let her get in.”

“What does she want?” The younger curiously asked, walking forward to take a glimpse of Dalbi who was still waiting at the main gate.

“Me.” He answered with that deep voice – a mixture of amusement and confusion in his tone. He let the curtains fall back to its place and faced Minho. “For a girl to know she’s falling for someone that is not really human, shouldn’t she be running away? Why is she here?”

“I’ll talk to her.” Minho only nodded and proceeded to the door.

“Don’t let her in.” He reminded once more, like it’s a toll order coming from the chief of the master of the mansion.

“I’ll try my best.” Minho answered before finally leaving the room.

It could be that he was just trying to push Dalbi away from more danger that could possibly be waiting for her, but another reason why he would want her to leave and never come back was because of him. It was for his sake. All these years, he had been the one with the steady heart. He was stable. His life, although there were a lot of frustration, was still considered as smooth sailing. He was never ready for a sudden change if Dalbi insists on staying.

He knew. He knew she could ask to stay in the mansion. Her eyes said it all. Her eyes told him she wanted to see him. Jinki thought Dalbi won’t be one of them, though – like those girls who would fall for him right away on the first glance. It turned out, as he realized it, that Dalbi had the same heart as the other girls. He was easily able to take her heart just like other women.

Meanwhile, Minho ran to see Dalbi from the main gate. The order was to never send her in, and Minho thought of a lot of reasons why Jinki was insisting for that. He didn’t know which reason was the truest of all.

“Kim Dalbi.” He opened the gate but instead of asking her in, he went out instead to talk to her. “What brought you here so sudden? You should have called me first.” He told her.

“I need to see him.” She said calmly, however, it sounded fully determined.

“He told me to ask you to leave.” Choi Minho said straight to her, not covering anything. “You are aware how he can read minds, right? If you went here to say something to him, he had probably heard it already.”

“The more I need to see him.” Dalbi answered back. Just by the looks of it, Minho could already see defeat on his side. “Look, it took me a lot of courage to come here for I know he would definitely be able to read what’s on my mind without me opening my mouth. I was never the type to confess first, but you see, he already knows by now how I feel. It’s irritating but I can’t help it so just let me see him.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter