The Invitation to the Gathering

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Three days.

Three days and Jinki never really bothered to go somewhere else but his room and his office. It was not a big deal for him, though. Lee Jinki was always the type to feel more relaxed in closed doors. Truth be told, the main reason why he kept himself locked in was because of Kim Dalbi. He was determined not to build any unnecessary relationship with her while she was still there.

Building relationship, even as friends, would make everything more chaotic and again, Lee Jinki was still resisting her to stay.

And also, as long as he was not able to look into her eyes and know what she was thinking, then he was confident he won’t be too attached to her. Having Dalbi fall for him was already a difficult situation to handle, what more if he end up feeling the same way?

She’s really something else. True, I haven’t met much women in my life, but this girl is really different. I haven’t heard a girl’s mind as complicated as her. It was like everything she has in her mind can change in a blink of an eye, even her emotions – actually, her emotions are the worst to deal with. One second she thinks of giving everything to me then next second she’s ready to hit me if I even lay a finger on her? Very inconsistent.

“I won!” Jinki’s thoughts went back to the reality when Minho screamed in excitement. He looked at the screen, his team lost for the 3rd time.

“I am not playing this anymore.” Jinki hardly put the controller down, stood out from the floor and dusted off his pants. He went to check his phone that was placed on the side table.

“It’s because you’re not really focused on the game.” Minho replied while still looking at the screen, his self-celebratory ceremony on going.

“It’s because you’re so much into the game.” Jinki sharply replied, shook his head and continued browsing on his phone.

“It’s because you don’t really play this game.” Minho gathered the materials as he stood up. It was actually his and today was the first time Jinki asked him to play together. He didn’t even know how it worked until his 2nd try. It was always Minho and the servants who play when they have the time. “When will you stop hiding here?”

“I’m not hiding.”

“Okay, young master.” Minho sourly answered, not really convinced of what his young master was trying to pull off. “Dalbi always asked for you, though. A while ago, she just asked if you’re not really the type to go out and get some fresh air.” Minho chuckled as he tucked the controllers back into the box. “Of course, as per young master’s order about continuously lying to her, I told Miss Dalbi you’re just really busy that you don’t even sleep facing papers and computer works from time to time.” He stood up, holding the box in one hand. “And you’re not really the type to get fresh air. You hate fresh air. You hate people. I almost told her I’m your most hated person.”

“Nonsense.” Jinki cut Minho off who only end up laughing even more playfully.

“Like what you said, I always keep her away from you, and whenever she asks, I make sure to give her an intimidating impression of you.”

“And?”

“But despite that, she doesn’t look shaken. I think she had expected it, and so far, you are very consistent on pushing her away so I guess it doesn’t surprise her at all if I keep talking about how cold you are.”

“…And I don’t really lie to her either.” He continued which made Jinki frown. “I mean…. It’s probably wrong to say you are a bad miro-i, but you’re not good either. You

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter