No One Can Beat That

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Are you okay?” Kibum sat next to Dalbi giving her a canned juice. She just finished having her blood sample taken for some series of tests. Apparently, the doctor wanted to make sure there were no other complications in her body before prescribing her medicines.

“Thanks, oppa.” She accepted it and took a small sip. She sighed and smiled faintly, her face still pale and body obviously getting weaker. “I’m sorry you have to suffer because of me being so childish.”

“That’s not childish.” He chuckled while shaking his head. “I’ve never seen a child get hurt as much as how you’re feeling right now.” Kibum’s serious remark made Dalbi looked at him. Her expression still as gloomy as last night. “It’s not that I know very well how you feel, but I do understand that.”

Dalbi smiled bitterly. “Thanks. I hope my family does, too.”

“Your oppa has come to realize it.” Kibum smiled and rubbed his presumed younger-sister’s back. “He’s probably speaking with him.”

“With who?” She frowned, her heart started to beat a bit louder as she suddenly got nervous on what her brother was doing.

“With your wealthy boyfriend.”

Before Dalbi could react, the nurse came out of the Doctor’s office. “Kim Dalbi?”

“Let’s discuss it later.” Kibum said and carefully walked with her inside the office. They sat down silently as the doctor was still busy reading the results and jotting some of his notes down.

“Kim Dalbi-ssi?”

“Yes, Doctor?”

“First, you have signs of Malnutrition. It’s not alarming but in your state right now, I strongly recommend that you take care of your health.”

“I understand, doctor.”

“You need to regulate your blood pressure as well, as I can see it’s below normal…” As the doctor continued speaking, he noticed that Dalbi didn’t seem like she was actually listening. “Kim Dalbi?”

“Yes?”

“You need to listen well, you’re health right now is very sensitive. You…” He paused for a while and looked at Kibum who was sitting beside Dalbi. “I have checked the results of your blood tests.”

Kibum involuntarily held Dalbi’s hand. He became a lot more nervous than her. “Please tell us.”

The doctor chuckled a bit upon seeing his expression, he shook his head gently, “No, don’t worry, your wife is-“

“Oh, no, no!” Kibum was the first and the quickest to deny it as well. He let go of Dalbi’s hand and waved it against the doctor defensively. “I am just a friend. No, no!” He then let an awkward laugh.

“Then…” The doctor needed some seconds to rearrange his thoughts; he then smiled again and looked at Dalbi this time. “Don’t be surprised. You’re pregnant.”

“What?!! For real, doctor?!” Again, it was Kibum who reacted first. He looked at Dalbi whose expression was unreadable. “Dalbi-ah, Dalbi-ah, you are…”

“I am, oppa…” Dalbi looked at Kibum and the older suddenly saw worries in her eyes. “How…”

“I have forwarded the report to our obstetrician, I won’t be prescribing medicines to you now, it will be best if you have this consulted with her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter