Hold You

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: mood: SHINee Hold You . Oh please, i've been stuck in this song since the day it came out lol okay so the chapter title is so random once again. 

“Excuse me, sir.” Jinki, Dalbi and Minho were about to enter but were hindered by the female receptionist standing outside the entrance. Lee Jinki paused and only looked at her. The lady looked back and smiled politely after bowing once.  “Your invitation, please.”

Lee Jinki shook his head. “I wasn’t able to receive the invitation.” He said flatly, shrugging his shoulders.

“Then your name and your company, please.” The lady asked this time.

“Lee Jinki. Choseungdal.”

The lady looked down on the list she was holding. “Lee Jinki, Cho… seung…” She paused and carefully looked up to meet Lee Jinki’s eyes. She gasped. “C-CEO!” Immediately she bowed down apologetically, embarrassed of not recognizing the CEO right away. “I am really sorry, CEO Lee, I didn’t know-“

“It’s okay.” The CEO replied.

“Please let me you inside.” She said as she stood back upright. “This way please.”

It’s ten minutes past seven in the evening when they arrived and the party had started. Guests were starting to fill the venue and it was pretty obvious that most of the finest businessmen in South Korea were there.

And businessmen knew partners and competitors, so all Lee Jinki had to do was stand few meters away from the entrance. He didn’t even bother looking around or search for people he might know.

“Are you not going to find someone you know?” Dalbi inched closer, whispering.

“I know all of them.” Jinki told her and not even a second later, someone immediately took notice of Lee Jinki.

“Oh? CEO Lee?” It was some businessman who just entered the venue. “Chief Executive Lee Jinki, right?” Jinki nodded with a faint smile. The man instantly offered his hand to shake his, bowing a bit lower as if he was very privileged to see him. “Oh, I am very pleased to meet you, I am-“

“Managing Director Ok Baejun of The Global City.”   Jinki continued as he reached for his hand, shaking it firmly.

“It is really a surprise to see you here today, Mr. Lee.”

“I realized it’s time to maybe get off a bit from work and enjoy meeting with the seniors in the field.” Jinki spoke, sounding both humble but firm. The Global City is no doubt the top competitor of Choseungdal when it comes to business, so it’s actually obvious that Lee Jinki would know him by face and by name despite meeting him for the first time that night. “Why don’t we get some drinks, Director?”

“I’ll just be here, young master.” Choi Minho spoke before letting them walk towards more number of people. Jinki nodded, smiled at the director and walked inside with Dalbi.

As people started noticing the CEO, they were in great shock. Even the officials from Jinki’s company were speechless. There was no announcement or early information that he would come to the gathering as well.

Everyone was so intrigued of the unusual but very prominent presence of Lee. Each of them made sure to make their way towards him just to shake his hand, trying hard to hide the fact that they were thrilled to actually see him in flesh, not just on newspaper or video calls. Jinki’s presence had even made the gathering a lot meaningful for the majority.

Although still feeling awkward, Dalbi had relaxed a little. It was funny how from the time they entered until that moment, no one dared to ask who she was. She understood that his presence alone was overwhelming enough that they couldn’t afford to wonder about who she was anymore.

“Still okay?” Jinki managed to ask when finally, people set their distance on them. A waiter went by and Jinki took two drinks from the tray, handing one to her.

“Everyone’s so hyped up to see you.” She observed as she took a sip of her drink. He only smirked. “But… I don’t see any possible around here, though. Women are kind of old…”

“Is age a basis for you to judge whether a woman is still pure or not?” He asked blandly, shaking his head and looking straight back again.

“So who among these women are still a ?”

“Is ity a normal topic when you’re at a gathering?” Jinki irked. “Do you want to eat? We can have something before we-“

“Mr. Lee.” They were interrupted by the vice president who just made his way towards them at that moment. He was half smiling. “It’s really nice to see you here. I guess my threat work?” He laug

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter