Unexpected Guests

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You know what? Let’s just go back.” Kibum complained. He was stuck with Jonghyun in the middle of nowhere. The latter kept looking around, neither of them had any idea where to go next. “Just tell Dalbi to go home, Kim Jonghyun, I’m telling you we’ll end up in a desert or something, I don’t know - to another world.”

“If you could just shut up, Kim Kibum and just help me figure out-“

“What’s there to figure out in here? There’s not even a single signage or some house we could stop by to ask? I quit.”

“I’m tracking Dalbi’s phone… it’s on this way…” Jonghyun uttered, constantly switching gaze on the road and on his phone. Kibum peaked at the older’s phone and shook his head.

“You really believe we’re going to find a mansion in there? I swear Jonghyun, this time we could end up in hell. Do you hear weird stories from provinces like these? Often times those who get inside the forest never find their way back.”

Jonghyun turned to Kibum blankly. “You’re reading too much horror stories, Kibum. I don’t know but I think we’re actually on the right place…”

“Huh?!” Kibum wore that priceless expression. He just could not believe it. “You actually think we’re on the right place? You are crazy.”

“Dalbi said something like finding the mansion in the middle of a lost town…. and this tracker is really referring to this direction.”

“It’s probably confused. I don’t even believe there’s a signal here – no, Jonghyun, you are not driving the car towards that – hey!” Kibum screamed as he tried to stop Jonghyun from going to that direction. But he couldn’t do anything rather than sit down and wait where the older’s instinct will take them.

---

Jinki was left alone in Dalbi’s room. The others went down for snack since the Minho’s mom and sibling had to travel a bit far just to get in the mansion. In the middle of his thoughts, the door slowly opened. It was Dalbi.

She came in holding a glass of water. He silently watched as the girl approached – conscious of her every movement. “How do you feel?” Dalbi asked giving him the glass. She also took some capsules from the table and gave him one. “Take this.”

“I’m okay. I don’t think I –“

“Just one last take. Open your mouth.” Dalbi took the capsule instead and feed him instead. He found himself awkwardly obeying her – like he was being a very good boy. She helped him take the glass of water he was holding towards his mouth, too. “Good boy.”

“Hey.” Jinki placed the empty glass on the side-table, then looking up at Dalbi who was still standing beside the bed near him. He crossed his arms in front of him as he tilted his head a bit on the left, his smirk cocky. “Ms. Kim, you’re mistaking something here. I returned to human, but that doesn’t count as me falling under your control.”

Dalbi pursed her lips tightly as she was trying to control a huge smile from appearing. “I – I know that.” She tried to act tamed,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter