In your eyes

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Time’s up.” Minho announced exactly eight minutes after Jinki uttered “8 minutes”. He pressed the stop button, closed the camera, and handed it back to the lady. “Please let me you outside.” He said.

“Thank you very much for allowing this very rare chance of talking to you, Mr. Lee.” The lady spoke as she hurriedly arrange her papers. “Really, a lot of reporters will be very envious of me. I’ll make the article so great for you, and I’m going to be sure you’ll gain a lot of fans after this.” She kept babbling while Jinki was still maintaining his calmness. “It would be better though if you give me your number so-“

“I hope no one else would know about this place.” Jinki said completely cutting her off. “I know you’re intelligent, miss, and you’re pretty much aware that I don’t only dislike having interviews, I hate it. If reporters start flocking at the gate of this house, I am going to sue you for illegally distributing private information.”

“What?” The lady made a funny expression of disbelief. “Home address is a private information?”

“This house is recognized by the law as a private information.” Minho followed up. The girl could only roll her eyes but went back to stare dreamily at Jinki.

“So how about your personal contact number, Mr. Lee?” She asked. Voice sounded as if she was flirting.

“Well…” Jinki paused for a while and smirked, dragging the girl’s heart on the ground. “You see…” He uttered as his head turned slightly to Dalbi.

Dalbi, who was dozing off as she was busy staring back at him, woke back to her senses. “O-oh?” She stuttered when she noticed that the three were staring at her.

“Aahh.” The girl muttered. “I forgot to ask about her. I saw you chasing after one another at the stairs a while ago, and since the moment I talked to you, she’s been clinging to you like you’re going to leave her if ever she lets go…” She sounded so bitter saying all that. “Who is she anyway?”

“Time’s over. Chief Choi.” Jinki turned to Minho and nodded once.

“This way, please.”

“Your email address?” The girl took her one last chance of keeping in touch with him.

“Send it to the communications department and they will just forward it to me. You’ll hear my feedback from them as well.” He said and glanced at Dalbi once more. “Let’s go.”

“Oh. Yes.”

Before walking back upstairs, Jinki instructed Minho to go directly to his office once he had send the girl away. Minho already knew what it meant.

“Don’t let go until Minho comes back.” Jinki whispered as both of them traveled upstairs.

“Ah. Yes.” Dalbi answered softly. “This is really weird.”

“What’s weird?” He stopped as they entered the office. Both of them now standing at the center of the spacious room facing each other. Dalbi was looking at the floor, her one hand still touching his wrist. Jinki was looking down at her, observing.

“Me.”

“You’re weird?” He frowned.

“I am.”

“Why?”

Jinki noticed how Dalbi placed her free hand on her neck, rubbing it gently. He thought it was one of her mannerisms. “I… I’m not like this.”

“Look at me.” Jinki ordered, thinking that if Dalbi wasn’t willing to tell him what she was thinking, then he would just read through her.

“E-eh?” Dalbi questioned, but lifted her head anyways meeting eyes with Jinki. His unreadable eyes captured her once again.

Jinki looked at her for a short while. “You’re wondering why you seem to be completely under my spell?” He asked with that amused expression, then he chuckled a bit.

Dalbi flinched and immediately bowed her head back, avoiding his eyes. “It’s not funny.”

“I’m sorry.” Jinki retreated and tried hard to go back to having a straight face just like a while ago. “That’s because it’s supposed to be that way.” He started explaining. “You saw that girl a while ago, right? The reporter. As soon as she saw me, her eyes twinkled. Because of being cursed as a Miro-i, creatures like us can seduce women just by our presence alone. So about what you feel towards me, you are really just supposed to feel that way.”

“Then that girl… will she come back again like what I did? Will she be hunted by your image in her head as well?” She asked but it came out as if she was just whispering.

“The weird thing about you is you never stopped thinking about me, though.” Jinki honestly said which made Dalbi lift her head once again to defend herself. She was ab

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter