The Magic of the Crescent

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I have no hopes for you.” Jinki sighed in retreat, his hands falling back their places. “Do as you want.” He gazed up at her with those blank grayish green eyes, his emotions unreadable once again. “Do what makes you happy. If I kill you anytime soon, that’s your fault.”

She gathered herself immediately as Jinki let her go. Taking a couple of deep breaths, Dalbi calmed down. One… two weeks. All it would take for her to move on with this crazy feeling was a two-week stay with him. She believed it would be over soon.

“Thank you.” She dared replying, which only had her gain another stern look from Jinki.

“I am not going to keep you safe from my brother.” He answered. “That guy who almost attacked you that night.”

“I will-“

“Go away!” Jinki sharply pushed Dalbi away from him, making her fall on her knees just beside his bed. He clenched his fists, as well as his jaw - tightly.

Dalbi slowly helped herself up. Still recovering from being pushed hardly on the floor, she tried to stand up.

“Do not move.” Jinki uttered. His tone low and with emphasis. He was standing few meters from her, back facing.

She couldn’t see his face but Dalbi was so aware something was going on with Jinki. His body was all tensed up. The movement his muscles were making could be seen through the outline of his clothes.

“Wh-what’s happening?” Dalbi’s voice started to shake. She was getting a lot more nervous since the guy in front of her looked like he was about to turn into a monster. Slowly, she moved even a bit farther from him, now curling up just beside one of the bed’s feet.

This is him, too. This is his monstrous side. It’s coming out because of me, because I appeared once again in front of him.

“Chief Choi!” Jinki restlessly ran to the door, recklessly opened it so he had trouble at first. “Chief Choi! AAH!”

“Jinki, wait!” She lost her instinct for safety when she heard a loud thud from the hallway. Jinki was not being his real self. It could be dangerous for him, too, if he ran out his way desperately and accidentally fall from the stairs.

Dalbi struggled to stand up, still a bit in pain from falling hard just a while ago. She would follow him. She didn’t know why, it was what her instinct was telling her.

“You shouldn’t be here, miss.” From her view on the 2nd floor, Dalbi saw that Chief Choi was talking to a woman downstairs. The girl was standing just at the entrance of the mansion. She was probably the same age as her.

She switched from the girl, then back to Jinki, then back to the girl, and back to Jinki once again. Jinki was out of his mind as he had his hand on the wall walking like he was possessed by something.

Dalbi realized what was going on then. He was not being like that because of her. It was because of the other girl. Minho seemed agitated, too. As she overheard the conversation, Minho was trying to send the girl away, but she kept on insisting that she wanted to talk to Jinki. As how she could comprehend, the girl was some kind of news reporter that did her best just to track the CEO’s whereabouts, and now that she was here, she was dedicated not to leave unless he faced her.

Jinki reached the staircase, climbing down in an increasing pace. Dalbi ran, grabbing him to stop just in time, “Lee Jinki, stop!” She screamed, which had Minho and the girl looking up towards them, witnessing them in such a chaotic situation. “Stop, please, calm down.” She whispered in distress.

He froze. Dalbi took the chance to rush ahead and block him. “Lee Jinki. Stop.” She said in such a low but demanding tone, like she was or

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter