A Favor

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dalbi was careful not to make any noise as she slowly opened the door. “Young master….” She called softly, creeping inside the young master’s room while it seemed like Jinki was still asleep.

It was already 9am. Past breakfast time. Ever since the red mark incident, Jinki had come back to being the busy CEO. She was allowed to go to his office, but he was always so engrossed with business that he almost didn’t even look at her while she was there. So Dalbi decided to just give him the time. Handling such a huge company wasn’t a joke, and she understood that right now, Jinki had lots of priorities lined up in front of him.

Today, she felt like it would be good to wake him up and call him for breakfast. She had to admit, too, that she missed him. She missed seeing the naughty, dominant, and possessive Lee Jinki. All that he was for the past few days was Lee Jinki, the businessman.

“Lee Jinki-ssi…” Dalbi almost whispered. It was still awkward for her to call him something else so she would always stick with ‘young master’ or his name.

It was when she got nearer to the bed that she realized Jinki wasn’t there. The bed was still messed up. He just probably got up. Dalbi went to the bathroom. Maybe he had gone to take a bath already. But he wasn’t there.

“Lee Jinki-ssi?” She looked around one last time confirming that there was really no one inside his room. “Jeez, is he in the office already? That can’t be! What about breakfast?!” Dalbi stomped her feet in annoyance. “Aiyoo, he thinks he doesn’t need any food just because he’s some mighty creature!”

Dalbi saw Hanjoo, the head servant, walking along the corridor the moment she came out. “Hanjoo?”

“Yes, Miss?”

“Is he in the office? The young master?”

Hanjoo shook his head. “He’s in the swimming pool with Chief Choi.”

“Huh? Why?”

Hanjoo frowned a bit finding her question a bit ridiculous. “Ah… swimming?”

“Oh right.” She rolled her eyes embarrassed of herself. “How about breakfast?”

“They will eat when they’re done.”

“Can you, uhm, just bring them to the pool area? I’m not sure if he’ll take his time going to the kitchen. He might probably just dash off in his office again.”

“Most certainly.” Hanjoo agreed. “I will do as you say, Miss. Please excuse me.”

She calmed down a bit upon knowing Lee Jinki was still somewhere except his office. It was good to know he could still take his time off and play for a bit. Dalbi was so aware how Minho and Jinki were so close. It was such a pity, though, that Taemin couldn’t join him. She hoped for him to come to a point where he’ll have the same outlook as his older brother. If that happens, then the three of them can bond together like what the two were doing right now.

On her way towards the stairs, her phone rang. It was an unknown number. Dalbi hesitated a bit but ended up answering the call anyway. “Hello?”

“Is this Kim Dalbi speaking?” The person, a woman, on the other line asked.

“Ah, yeah. Who is this?”

“Oh my, Dalbi, my friend!!” The woman on the other lined screamed. She sounded like her long lost bestfriend.

But she doubted. There was never even a single person back in the days that got so close with her. She had always been the type to be almost anti-social.

“Ah, yeah… you are…”

“Park Soomi! Don’t you remember?”

Park Soomi. Park Soomi. Park Soomi. She tried hard recalling but she just couldn’t remember her name.

“Aigoo, we’re in the same class in highschool!” She revealed, but that actually didn’t help Dalbi remember her at all. “Ah, seriously, you don’t even recall your classmates because you were always so alone! Remember that one time when you forgot your book in English and suddenly our teacher asked you to recite something in the class? I immediately gave you my book so you can read it! Seriously, do you remember?”

“Ah…” The girl sounded so excited and she just couldn’t spoil that mood. “Yes! Yes! I remember that!” She lied.

“Seriously, I saved you that day!” She laughed.

“So… what’s up? How did you find my number?” Dalbi wanted her to get to the poin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter