30---

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Jonghyun-oppa, stop, please, listen to me.” Dalbi ran and went after her brother as fast as she could. They stopped at the bottom of the stairs. Jonghyun turning at her – angered by what he just saw.

“No, you listen to me.” He retaliated with authority. “And listen to me well. I can’t allow you to stay here for another day. What exactly did I see there? Why were you together like that?”

“Because-“

“No – stop talking. I don’t want to hear anymore. We’re going home, Kim Dalbi. YOU. ARE. GOING. HOME.”

“He needs me.”

Jonghyun and Kibum both turned speechless with what Dalbi just told them. It was like a direct statement that she was not going to follow her brother’s order.

“Oppa, listen, he needs me. It’s something I can’t explain to you well, but trust me, I’m fine.” Dalbi reached for Jonghyun’s hand and held it tightly, assuring him that she was really fine. “I am going home, but I need to help them with something else as well. I just cannot not help them. Please? Can you consider this once?”

“Why not?”

“I can’t explain.”

“Then we’re going home.” Jonghyun grabbed her wrist and started dragging her.

“Please, oppa! I can’t tell you!”

“Dalbi, it’s okay.” From up the stairs, they heard Jinki’s loud but obviously still a bit weak voice. He climbed down the stairs alone. Minho offered help but refused. It was not good to appear so vulnerable in front of his girlfriend’s enraged brother. He smiled and nodded. “You can tell him.”

“Young master.” Chief Choi tried to protest but Jinki just looked at him and guaranteed him that everything was really fine. Minho couldn’t do anything but just wait as to what will happen next.

“No, it’s okay, Jinki-ssi, my brother would understand.”

“No.” Jonghyun replied firmly and gazed at Jinki like he was measuring him. “I want to know what’s happening in here.”

“I’d talk to them.” Dalbi stepped out and clung on Jonghyun’s arm. “I’ll tell them the truth just… give us a while.” Dalbi breathed deeply and turned to her brother once again. “Jonghyun-oppa, Kibum-oppa, I’ll explain outside.”

The rest gave Dalbi and her brothers some time alone to talk among themselves. They patiently waited inside as to how the conversation will turn out.

Meanwhile, Dalbi didn’t know exactly how to tell Jonghyun and Kibum without them freaking out. For sure the guys wouldn’t be able to handle it well right away. But she had to do it, though. She had to stay, and the only way to stay is to make Jonghyun understand and to make him accept it. So he had to know.

“Jinki-ssi was not entirely human..”

“WHAT?!” Jonghyun and Kibum blurted out at the same time.

“No, wait, listen first!” She had to raise her voice a bit higher so they would pay attention. Slowly, she started telling them the story, how it was not in born but rather a curse, how it was the reason why Jinki and his brother never really showed themselves in public, how it was only her Jinki could resist as a miro-I, and how it was only her who turned Jinki back into his human self.

“Dalbi, are you out of your mind? This is like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter