Everything has Changed

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One month later.

“Sir, the chopper is ready.”  Chief Choi Minho informed as he approached the doorway of the young master’s room. Lee Jinki looked at him against the mirror as he secured the last cufflink on his long sleeves.

“Has everything been set?” He asked to which the chief affirmed immediately. “Taemin?”

“He’s ready as well, sir.”

Jinki nodded – fixed his necktie one last time and took his phone on the side table. “We’re all good then. Let’s go.”

He led the way and Chief Choi Minho followed. As they approached the helicopter, they saw Taemin waiting for them. He was dashing in his black tuxedo – seemingly uncomfortable, though.

“You sure you want to take me with you, hyung?” Taemin asked when Jinki and Minho got closer. “I can stay here. You can ask-“

“I’d rather have you with me there, Taemin.” The older insisted. “Enough of those times we’re separated. You’ll be okay, there.” He assured. Jinki knew his sibling was still wary of himself. There was still this subtle doubt in him that he can live like a normal person now. After all, he was the one who had lived up to being a miro-i more than his hyung. 

It actually took them long in deciding to finally go out to Seoul. It’s been a month since the both of them has been turned back into complete humans – also a month since Jinki last saw Dalbi.

He remembered her when they finally travelled through the air. He remembered the time he was forced to take Dalbi to that party – because that was the only way he could secure his position without harming any woman in the place.

Jinki remembered Dalbi and wondered why she had not kept in touch with him when they left. The last messaged he received from her was only to let him know that they arrived home safely. He couldn’t reach her afterwards.

Although he could not understand why she did that, Jinki still planned on finding her. He just couldn’t let go that easily.

The travel went well, and because the arrival of the brothers had already made noise within the company, Jinki and Taemin were welcomed warmly by all the staff lining up to see them. Somehow, it felt good. It was nice to be able to mingle with these normal people from that day on.

And because Jinki had been such a workaholic even back in his mansion, the first thing Jinki did as he officially stepped on his company was to call for an executive meeting. The board had expected it, though, so everyone was present as soon as they entered the conference room.

“It’s so good to finally be able to talk to you here in person.” One of the board members commented as he shook hands with all of them.

He chuckled. “We’ll be seeing more of each other often from now on then.” He replied both establishing his professionalism and authority with the way he sounded.

“Thank you all for coming in such a late notice.” Jinki addressed with a soft smile. “I just thought I would rather not lose this chance today. You know my brother, right? Lee Taemin.”

Taemin himself was quite surprise at the sudden mention of his name. He already thought that he would have to be introduced to the company as one of the future successors but he didn’t know it would come this sooner. He tried to smile comfortably, trying to look less nervous.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter