-----------

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She held her chest tightly as she closed the door behind her. It was at that moment that she let herself absorb everything. 

She might need to give herself to Taemin. Lee Jinki's younger brother. And finally, as she was able to be a hundred percent honest to herself, she admitted she was scared, and just like Jinki, it was definitely against her will. 

Dalbi doesn't want to do it with anyone but to someone she loves. She had come a long way protecting herself and conscious of everything she did, and to say that she might need to do it to save someone's life, it was horrifying. She thought it was unfair, and that she was being placed on line sarcrificing herself. But what else could she do? There was no other option left for them. She might be scared but she couldn't be as selfish at that. Jinki's brother needed her. They might not be that close, but she knew Taemin was not really a bad person. He also deserved to live the same way his older brother would live starting from now.

"I'm really sorry." She whispered. Unclear if it was meant for her or for Jinki. She just felt sorry with all that was happening at that moment. 

As she let out a heavy sigh, her eyes unconsciously went to the source of the gloomy light that made her room less dark. The moon. She had always been the one to appreciate the beauty of it, and tonight, she chose to calm herself down and sleep for the mean time, just letting tomorrow be done by the hands of fate. 

Meanwhile, it was Kim Jonghyun who just couldn't go to sleep at all. The story of Lee Jinki and his family was undeniably scary as hell for him, but for the sake of his sister, he needed to hang in there. He remembered Dalbi, how she grew isolated from a lot of people but still dependable and happy. She was such a free spirit. Her soul willing to travel alone and explore the world by herself. Now she was able to come to where her journey was apparently taking her. It was in this mansion: together with this rich CEO who turned out not to be human - who was finally back to human by the way, thanks to his sister. Jonghyun was still not done absorbing the fact that everything he heard was not just any story from some children's book. It was a fact. It was weird, and very fantasy-like, but it was real. 

As he strolled at the huge garden wandering, he noticed a familiar figure. It was the same girl he just locked eyes with a while ago when they were being taken to their room. That strict chief's sister. Jonghyun looked around, confirming that her brother was not around before he approached her. Slowly, he walked closer.

"Thinking about something?" 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter