The Q and A

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinki would glance at her from time to time. Dalbi had not been saying anything since the moment she sat there. It seemed like 15 minutes had passed already. He continued going on with his business while Dalbi settled on the chair opposite his desk, looking down at the paper as if she was reading them intently.

“You’re not gonna memorize them before you ask me, are you?” Dalbi had a shock when Jinki broke the silence. “I thought you want to send them back as fast as you could so that friend of yours would stop bothering you, but it seemed like you’d rather stay here and be with me all day.” He cackled a little as he typed. His eyes still fixed on his computer.

She sighed. The kind of audible sigh that made Jinki glance at her again since he heard it so clearly. “Okay.” She uttered as she looked through the papers again. “Soomi said you should read the terms. As per being professional.”

Jinki snorted. “She actually lost her professionalism by asking someone to do the interview on behalf of her just because she doesn’t have the capability to do it herself.” Upon shrugging his shoulders, he continued what he was saying, “Anyways, I told you I haven’t read anything yet, so if you want to read the highlights, it’ll be fine.”

Dalbi just had to stare at him for some time. Jinki sounded just like any serious businessman would. He sounded so professional and formal. He knew how things go. He was so certain of himself.

“So this is actually for Magazine…”

“?” Jinki’s attention quickly drifted back to her with his eyes wide open. He looked so surprised and amused at the same time. “ Magazine? If I’m not mistaken, it’s the-“

“Yes, it is.” Dalbi confirmed without hearing any further from him. She was so embarrassed of the questions she was about to throw and she just wanted time to come by so quickly that they would come to the point when the question and answer portion was done. “So I don’t have to describe it to you since you seem to know a lot…”

“I only know the concept of the magazine…” He admitted. “It’s Minho who always reads that.”

“Whoa?” Dalbi made a funny expression. “He reads this?”

“Why not? It’s a men’s magazine. Men are supposed to read that.” Jinki answered plainly, like it was as simple as that. “You can start asking.” He confirmed.

Dalbi breathed one last time before continuing. “Okay. How does Lee Jinki spend his rest day?” She spoke as she pressed the record button on her phone. It was still a safe question.

“Rest day? Hmm…. I personally don’t think I need rest day since I never really go to the office as you all know. I have my time in my hands. I can choose when to start working and when to end this. I don’t have any specific rest day ritual I do, but when I’m not that busy, I read books. Sometimes I go swimming and do sport activities with Minho.” Jinki answered without looking at her. He rather answered it half-mindedly. His other focused was on the article he was studying.

Dalbi observed him and for once, she felt a bit relieved that he was not really paying that much of attention. He won’t take the questions too seriously, and he might just probably laugh the weirder questions afterwards. She calmed herself down. Dalbi thought she only over reacted a while ago.

“What’s keeping your interest lately?” Come her second question.

“Interest, hmm… you know how things are going right now after my appearance at the gathering, right? A lot of business proposals have been coming so that’s actually what’s keeping me so busy and interested these days.”

As usual, business. Hearing that all Jinki talked about was business, Dalbi just got more comfortable. She proceeded right away to the third question, “Lee Jinki is known to be a very private person. When a lot of bachelors exert extra effort just to get exposures and be known to public, why do you always choose to be out of the spotlight?”

“Because I’m not that kind of man.” He said straight. “I obviously don’t enjoy spotlight. I’d rather have my business be a lot more famous than myself. As long as the company is running good and developing well, that’s all that matters to me.”

“Don’t you think it’s too much that even your address or the City you’re living in is not disclosed into the public?” Dalbi paused. “Oh, this is included in the set of questions.” She cleared.

“I’m a businessman. I own a private company which serves millions of people around the world. Choseungdal is an organization formed to provide people with whatever they would want to have so I understand some people may also be curious about the life of the people who run the business, but I think it’s my right as a human to isolate the public from the personal information I don’t want to disclose to them.”

“Waah… such a professional answer.” Dalbi commented out of nowhere. He looked at her and she made an awkward smile. “I mean… you really answered it well.”

“Hm-hm.” Jinki hummed as he nodded. “You have more questions?”

“Ah, yeah…” Dalbi snapped back to the paper to check the next question. “So, the following questions are a bit… I don’t know, kind of out of hand but since this is for a men’s magazine so-“

“It’s okay.” Lee Jinki cut her off which made Dalbi think that he already wanted to end the interview right away because he had a lo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter