The Curse is too strong

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Oppa.” Dalbi peeked at the open door, looking over Jonghyun who was busy doing some mixes in his mini studio. Jonghyun had always been fond of music. He liked creating them so although he was just paid very little for being an underground DJ, it was always okay. He had other part-time jobs, though, which he used as a source for all his music needs.

“Oh, Dalbi. Come in.” He removed his headphones and placed them beside his mixer. Dalbi sat on his bed. He rolled his chair closer to her, rubbed his palms against each other as if he was about to listen to a very good fairy tale story. “Tell me.”

Dalbi smiled. She was not the type to have lots of friends. Dalbi had always dreamed of travelling and going to places, so although it was not good for other people’s view, Dalbi didn’t really engage herself much on building friendship. She had a lot of acquaintances, but never the close ones.

It was fine though. She had her older brother as her best friend – count his clingy best friend, too. They had been her persons to confide to, but mostly, it’s her older brother. He knew everything. From her childhood crushes to her fears to her excitements to her wildest dreams.

“Lee Jinki.”

“That CEO?” He frowned as he tilted his head cutely on the side, wondering what interesting story his sister had at that moment. “Yes. You haven’t told me about him. So, is it true you met him on your last trip?”

“Yes, but don’t tell Kibum.” She conditioned. Dalbi knew very well how Kibum would suddenly urge her to go with him there to meet Lee Jinki. She knew him very well. “It was like this…”

She was supposed to tell him the truth about everything even the part that Lee Jinki was not really a normal human being. However, something in her just held her back. She didn’t want to reveal Jinki’s identity even to her brother. She didn’t know, but it felt like she was betraying him – yeah, despite them not being close at all.

“Okay, so they helped you that night and you were very thankful of them. He was cold to you and he acted like some ruthless human being, although he let you in…” Jonghyun said, reiterating just everything he heard from her. “But you sounded like there’s something wrong with the story.”

“Uh…” She bit her lips and looked at her brother with uncertainty.

“I’m afraid you’ll say something like… ‘I can’t get him out of my head, oppa~’” Jonghyun joked, imitating her voice and tone. Dalbi didn’t answer as she just stared at him nervously. “Oh no!” Jonghyun flinched and covered his mouth like he was over reacting. “You are not-!”

“Oppa!” She screamed stopping her brother. “It’s not like that! It’s just…”

“It’s just what?” Jonghyun horribly asked, his hand still covering his mouth.

“I don’t know, I just…” She paused and looked at Jonghyun again with great hesitation. “His face keeps on hunting me… like I am being hypnotized.”

“That’s the same thing!” Jonghyun bursted out once again. “You are in love!”

“That is too much!” She yelled back at her brother. Jonghyun gave her an accusing gaze and shook his head aggressively.

“I am going to tell mom and dad about this!” He took out his phone which was snatched by Dalbi right away.

“No, you are not going to tell them anything!” She insisted. Dalbi could only pout at her brother. Jonghyun sighed, nodded, and came back to being the normal one.

“You can’t get him out of your head so basically… you fell for him – heeppp! You. Fell. For. Him.” Jonghyun emphasized one by one when Dalbi tried to deny it once again. She sighed and just stared at the ground, not being able to stare directly into her brother’s eyes.

Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter