In the middle of nowhere

Crescents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: I don't really know how to introduce this story so I couldn't put much on the description and foreword boxes. But you'll know when you read, and thank you very much to early subbies. You know I always appreciate you. :) For the mean time, this will only be my active stories, so I'm putting the inactive ones on drafts. Don't worry, once I get back on those stories (Running our of Reasons and The World where you exist), I'll definitely write them again. I hope this story gets your interest as the previous ones did, tho. Thank you very much!

 

 

She was lost in the middle of nowhere. It was dark and the heavy rain pouring outside made her situation even worse. She was already in panic as she lost her way back to the guest house, but now her car just suddenly stopped, and her last hope to get home safely was gone.

At least then, a small spark of light shined on her as her eyes caught this beautiful white mansion situated just few meters from where her car collapsed. However, she would really be drenched if she ran to the closest gate, and she would still have to wait there before someone opens up for her.

From her sight, the white mansion was huge already. At the center of the driveway was a circular fountain which seemed to have stopped probably because of the heavy rain. The gate was so huge that it actually seemed like a length of 5 average sized persons all together. She looked around. There was no more light coming from somewhere else than from that mansion, which translated to the idea that it was the only house (or mansion/palace at that) situated at that residence.

The rain calmed a bit so she took the chance to go out and run to the main gate. She only needed a place to shelter on for the night. The car will be a lot colder later on, she couldn’t stay there the entire time.

Reaching the main gate, rain started pouring out heavily again. “Excuse me! Is someone home?!” Now that she was there, she thought it might be impossible for the people inside the mansion to hear her. The heavy rain was so noisy, and the gate was still meters away from the house. They have such a wide driveway.

Just then, she noticed a figure at the third floor of the mansion. Someone peeked from the window as the curtains moved as well. It was a man. “Oh. He heard me. Here! Sir!” She shouted and did large movements making sure the man over there would be able to see her.

It took few more seconds before the man left the window, and another few seconds before someone from the mansion went out of the house and ran towards the gate. She frowned at the idea that he moved so swiftly but dismissed the curiousness by thinking that finally, someone was there for rescue.

“Miss, what are you doing here? It’s raining heavily, come!” The man was talking as he opened gate. He handed her the extra umbrella he brought and both of them ran back to house, really drenched.

 They entered the house and she realized how big it actually was, even bigger than she thought. The whole mansion was painted white and it was literally spacious. The white was complemented by the wood brown colored furniture set. The grand staircase had a touch of wood brown, too. The whole house was both serene and sophisticated. She couldn’t grasp the beauty of the place that she actually forgot how cold she was starting to feel.

“Here.” The guy who took her from the gate was handed a towel by another guy who looked like servant. It caught her attention back to him.

“Oh, thank you and I’m really sorry for the trouble I have caused you.” She apologized right away and quickly wiped herself. “My car broke down just few meters from your mansion. I don’t know this place so I thought I needed some help just until the rain stops.”

“I’m afraid it won’t stop anytime so soon.” He spoke sounding sorry for her. “I bet it’s even flooded outside the villa right now.

“Villa?”

“Ah. You’re in this town-villa which is owned by the Lees.” He introduced and looked towards the stairs, as if watching out for someone to come, and then back to her. “I need to tell you this, the young master doesn’t really allow pe-“

“Chief Choi.” He was interrupted by the authoritative voice that came from nowhere. Slowly, a figure started appearing from upstairs. It was another young man who was probably just 2 or 3 years older than the other guy. “What is happening here?” He asked with that intimidating straight face.

“Ah, hello, Sir.” She initiated to introduce herself. “I am Kim Dalbi. It was so unfortunate that my car broke down in front of your house so I had no choice but to-“

“We don’t accept guests here. I’m afraid you have to leave immediately.” He spoke wearing that cold tone.

“Young

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter