Chapter 17: Importance

I'm Not Cute!

 

Ryeowook’s POV

Its funny how right when Sungmin gets back to normal again, it had stopped raining. I knew Kyuhyun would be the one to get him smiling. Yesung and I had got two towels from the car and brought them back to Sungmin and Kyuhyun to help them dry off. I don’t believe Kyuhyun when he said they were running around in the rain since Sungmin isn’t really the type to do that, so I still don’t know how or why they got all wet, but it doesn’t really matter right now.

 

 

When we were finished visiting his mother, the four of us decided to go eat something, since Sungmin was completely hungry. You would be hungry too if you hadn’t eaten in days, right? It was still a little silent in the car, but it wasn’t gloomy anymore. Small talk was made and light music from the radio was being heard.

 

 

Moments passed until the car was finally coming to a stop. I looked out the window and smiled at the place Yesung took us. It was Hangeng and Heechul’s restaurant. I remember how nice they were to me. Well, Hangeng I remember. The four of us got out of the car quickly and headed towards to restaurant. Once we got inside, I heard light music playing again, just like last time. It looked exactly like it did before, except there were a few more people.

 

 

“Yesung!” I heard Hangeng call out as he walked towards us.

 

 

“Hey hyung!” Yesung cheered as the two of them hugged.

 

 

“Kyuhyun-ah! I haven’t seen you in a while. How’ve you been?”

 

 

“Most likely still better at playing video games than you,” Kyuhyun smirked, and I noticed that Sungmin rolled his eyes at him.

 

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever. Oh, I remember you! Ryeowook, right?” Hangeng asked me. I stood silent and just nodded my head.

 

 

“Kyuhyun!” I heard Heechul screamed with joy as he practically tackled Kyuhyun.

 

 

“Ow, you’re hurting me!  Get off!”

 

 

“You guys seem to be close,” Sungmin stated.

 

 

“Where do you think I learned how to be such an evil genius?” Kyuhyun smirked and Heechul smirked with him as well. They were practically identical. Sungmin noticed it too and groaned. Heechul and Hangeng led us to a table and took our order. Yesung ordered Beijing Fried Rice for all of us, and they brought it back instantly. Sungmin was the first to dig in. I knew he couldn’t wait any longer to eat. Kyuhyun stared at him and smiled as he ate, calling him cute a couple times, but Sungmin was too hungry to care.

 

 

I noticed something different in Kyuhyun’s eyes as he stared at Sungmin. Have his eyes always looked like that? He never looks like that when he’s talking to other people, and he always looks at Sungmin with those same eyes. They seem more caring and loving. Does Kyuhyun care for Sungmin a lot? Well, they’re always together now, and Sungmin seems to smile more with him around. I can tell that Kyuhyun’s eyes are saying that he doesn’t want to leave him. I hope Sungmin would feel the same way.

 

 

What about me? I look at Yesung in a different way too. I don’t ever want to leave him either, and I don’t want him to be away from me. He’s mine now. Well, not officially, but in my heart, he is. I wish that I could tell him how I feel, but I know for sure that he doesn’t feel the same way about me. He only thinks of me as a friend and nothing more.

 

 

I stopped eating to take a peek at Yesung for a second, but he was already looking at me. I blushed at the sudden eye contact, but I couldn’t tell what his eyes were saying. Yesung, what are you thinking about right now? Suddenly, he smiled at me; a gentle smile. I couldn’t help but blush and smile back at him before going back to eating. The longer I stare at him, the hotter my face will be.

 

 

Just then, I heard Yesung’s phone ring. He reached into his pocket and pressed on the answer button before holding it up to his ear. I smiled a little at the turtle phone chain he still had on that matched with mine.

 

 

“Hello?” he answered. “O-oh…y-yes…uh, Kyuhyun, will you step out with me for a second?” Kyuhyun took his gaze away from Sungmin and looked at Yesung. His eyes were different now. He looked curious and confused, but nevertheless, he nodded his head before the two of them stepped out, leaving Sungmin and I by ourselves.

 

 

“I wonder what that was all about,” Sungmin spoke.

 

 

“Oh, hyung?”

 

 

“Yeah?”

 

 

“I want to apologize to you. I know I haven’t been a good friend to you lately. You do so much for me already, yet I’ve done nothing. I promise I’m going to work harder though in order to be a better friend.”

 

 

“Wookie, you’re not just a friend; you’re my best friend whom I’m thankful for having. I don’t know what I’d do without you. You’ve already done so much for me, and I can’t thank you enough for doing so.” Sungmin smiled at me and I smiled back. At least I haven’t let him down yet, but I’m still going to work harder.

 

 

Just then, Yesung and Kyuhyun came back in, but the atmosphere started to feel rather gloomy all of a sudden.

 

 

“We have to be somewhere, so we’re going to take you guys home now,” Yesung said in the most cheerful voice he could pull off. We paid and said good-bye to Hangeng and Heechul before entering Yesung’s car and driving off. Sungmin kept asking Kyuhyun what was going on but he kept saying not to worry about. Yesung kept quiet while keeping his eyes on the road and I just sat quietly. It wasn’t long until we reached Sungmin’s house.

 

 

“Bye Hyung!” I called out.

 

 

“Bye-bye, Wookie!” he said as he stepped out.

 

 

“Hyung!!” I heard a voice coming towards us. Out of nowhere, Donghae came running up to Sungmin and tackled him.

 

 

“D-Donghae!?” we all questioned.

 

 

“Hyung! I need your help!” he begged as he dragged Sungmin towards his house.

 

 

“W-wait, Donghae!”

 

 

“Yah, you fish! What do you think you’re-!” Kyuhyun was about to step out before Yesung started the car again.

 

 

“No time, Kyuhyun.  We have to go. You can check on him later.” Kyuhyun groaned and sat back in his seat as we began to drive off. We were heading for my house. Since my house was close to Sungmin’s, it only took a few minutes to get there.

 

 

“Hyung, are you okay?” I asked him once the car stopped.

 

 

“Yeah, I’m fine,” he said with a reassuring smile, though I frowned at him.

 

 

“Are you sure?”

 

 

“I’m going to be fine, so don’t worry, okay?” He said “going to be”, which means something is going to happen. I can’t help but feel worried.

 

 

“Okay.” I stepped out of the car and said good-bye to Yesung and Kyuhyun before they drove off again.

 

 

I hope Yesung is right.

 

 

Yesung’s POV

Kyuhyun and I got out of the car and walked into our father’s company building, where many of his workers and service men were waiting for us. He sounded pretty mad over the phone, not that it surprised us or anything. We quickly made our way to the highest floor of the building until we reached the office door, but one of his men stopped us.

 

 

“Only Yesung, for now,” he said with a deep voice, and I gulped. Kyuhyun waited out in the hall while I went inside and closed the door. I walked forward and stood in front of my father’s desk, where he was sitting in his black leather chair, facing the other way.

 

 

“You wanted to see me, Father?” I asked to break to silence.

 

 

“Where have you been?” he asked with a cold voice.

 

 

“E-excuse me?”

 

 

“Where have you been?” he asked again. “You must’ve been somewhere important for you to have used my car twice without permission.” I was afraid he’d find out.

 

 

“W-well, you see, I was with Kyuhyun, Ryeowook, and Sungmin and we-”

 

 

“Didn’t I tell you not to be around those lowlifes?”  

 

 

“Father, please listen! Sungmin’s mother unfortunately died so today we went to her funeral so I had to-”

 

 

“You took my car without permission for such a stupid reason?” His voice started to get louder.

 

 

“It’s not a stupid reason! I’m sorry that I took it without permission but-”

 

 

“If you really feel bad about it, then you shouldn’t have been around those idiotic commoners and focused on taking over my company like I told you to!”

 

 

“Father, how many times do I have to tell you!? They’re not idiotic, they’re my friends! And I said that I’m going to become a singer! I don’t want to-!”

 

 

Thud!

 

 

He threw a hard-cover book at my head, causing me to fall backwards towards the ground. He’s really angry now.

 

 

“What did I tell you about talking back?” he asked slowly. I sat up and felt my forehead. It was bleeding. “Why won’t you realize that you’re never going to be a singer?”

 

 

“I could if you just believed in me,” I answered quietly.

 

 

“Who would ever believe in such a pathetic person you grew up to be?”

 

 

“…Ryeowook does.”

 

 

“What?”

 

 

“Ryeowook does,” I repeated.

 

 

‘What, one of those lowlife commoners?”

 

 

“No, I’m talking about my friend. He believes I can do it and he’s a very important friend to me.” Suddenly, he walked around his desk towards me and picked me up from my collar.

 

 

“No son of mine will ever be around those kinds of people ever again. What good does it do you and me if you’re around such a stupid, poor, ugly-”

 

 

“Don’t ever talk about Ryeowook like that ever again,” I stated slowly, showing my anger. My father growled as he let go of me and turned around.

 

 

“Go, get out of my sight. And if I ever catch you with that Ryeowook person again, I’ll make sure you’ll never see him for the rest of your life.” I stayed silent as I opened the door and walked out.

 

 

“Yesung, what happened?” Kyuhyun asked as he walked up to me and pointed at my bleeding forehead.

 

 

“It’s nothing. Do you think you can go home yourself later? I’m gonna head out myself.” Kyuhyun nodded his head as he stepped inside the office and I began to walk out, heading towards the car. Once I got in, I reached into the glove department and pulled out a tissue to wipe away the blood that was on my forehead, though it continued to bleed. Keeping the tissue on my forehead, I started the car and began to drive.

 

 

I didn’t mean to get so mad at him, since I know the angrier I get, he gets even angrier. I almost lost it when he insulted Ryeowook like that. No one should ever make such comments about Ryeowook like that. I don’t care if he’s poorer than I am and he’s not stupid nor ugly. He’s the most caring person in the world and he’s…cute. He’s an important friend to me, and I don’t want to lose him.

 

 

I got lost in my thoughts through the entire drive that I didn’t even realize that I ended up at Ryeowook’s house. It’s late and his parents are probably asleep already. Nevertheless, I still got out of the car and walked over to his door. I don’t know why I went to his house. I just felt like I needed to see him.

 

 

I knocked softly on the door three times before the door opened and Ryeowook showed up in front of me, shocked.

 

 

“Oh my gosh, Hyung, what happened!?” he asked. I tried to smile at him.

 

 

“I got a little hurt. Mind helping me out?” Ryeowook nodded his head and let me inside. Once he closed the door behind me, he quickly went to go get a first aid kit. I chuckled when I saw him run in his pj’s. I took a seat on his couch and he came running back with a white first aid kit in his hands. He set it down on the table and opened it before taking something out of it. Before I knew it, he was putting something over my cut and it stung a little, so I cried out in pain.

 

 

“Oh, I’m sorry! Does the sting hurt you?” he asked and I chuckled again at his cuteness.

 

 

“No, it’s fine. Keep going.” Ryeowook nodded his head and continued to clean my wound while I endured the pain. Afterwards, he put a small Band-Aid over it. “Thank you.”

 

 

“You’re welcome, but how did you-?”

 

 

“Is that Ddangkkoma in the corner?” I asked, trying to avoid his question. If I tell him what happened between me and my father today, he’s just going to be worried.

 

 

“Yeah, he really missed you though,” he answered. Just then, the white dog that I got him appeared on his lap, and smiling and playing with it. I just stared at him as he played with the dog.

 

 

Ryeowook is so caring. Why can’t my father understand that? He’s important to me, and I’m not going to stop seeing him.

 

 

Just then, I leaned in closer to him and kiss his cheek slowly. As I pulled away, he turned his head to look at me and blushed. That’s when I realized what I just did.

 

 

“I-I’m sorry! I j-just- uh- I have to go now!” I stuttered as I headed towards the door. “Thanks again!” I opened the door and quickly stepped outside, closing it behind me, and walked over to the car, quickly getting inside. I felt my cheeks getting hotter.

 

 

I don’t know why I did that. I had no control over myself. Something inside me forced me to kiss him.

 

 

There’s that feeling again. Can anybody please tell me what this feeling is? 



A/N: I'm soooo sorry I didn't update yesterday! I didn't finish writing it yesterday and I was going to, but I found my old PS2 in my garage and began playing Kingdom Hearts all day yesterday 8D I literally played the entire day, up until I had to sleep. Even today, I played it right when I woke up. I'm addicted to it, yes I know. Its my favorite game, and I'm a total gamer, like Kyu 8D /shot. So after I was done playing, I remembered that I didn't update yesterday, so I had to write the rest of this chapter quickly before I had to sleep again. School tomorrow. Blehhhh. Can't play my Kingdom Hearts ;____; But anyway, hope you enjoyed this chapter! Especially Yewook fans! :) I ended it this way because Yewook won't come for a while. Eunhae is finally coming back :D And of course more Kyumin <3 So, what do you think was up with Donghae? Where's Eunhyuk? What do you think Kyuhyun is gonna talk about with his father? How do you think Ryeowook feels right now? But more importantly, would anyone like to answer Yesung's question? He seems desparate to know what he's feeling xD Kekeke, until next time! Oh, and that Eunhae oneshot that I'm writing shall be up later in the week :) Please comment and subscribe!!!! <3333333333333