Chapter 8: Oblivious Turtle Guy

I'm Not Cute!

A/N: Just a quick heads up, Blue is for Yesung, Red is for Ryeowook, and Purple is for both~ Enjoy! ^^ 

 

Ryeowook's POV

"Thank you, come again!" I happily waved goodbye to the customer as he left the café. I looked at the clock and saw that I only had about ten minutes until I could leave. Sungmin hyung didn't come in today since he's still sick. I heard that Kyuhyun even skipped school today just to take care of him. How sweet~ Of course Eunhyuk came today, but I barely talked to him because Donghae hyung was bothering him all day. You may call it annoying, Eunhyuk hyung, but I think its cute~ I wonder if Yesung would ever do things like that with me...

 

 

I hid my face in my hands as I blushed at the thought. 

 

 

Suddenly, I heard bells ringing, meaning someone had come in. I looked up at the door and saw Yesung walk in, as if on cue. I stayed silent and just stared at him as he came walking towards me, smiling. 

 

 

"Hey, Ryeowook," he greeted and I began to blush again. 

 

 

"H-hi..." I stuttered, and I heard him chuckle a little. "W-would you l-like to order somehting?" 

 

 

"Small caffe mocha and a Mallorca sweet bread, please." I nodded my head and went to get what he wanted. It was the same thing again. Whe I came back to the counter, he already had his money out. He gave me the 10,000 won while I gave him his mocha and bread. I put the money in the cash register before giving him his receipt. "Does anyone ever come here during this time?" he asked. 

 

 

"Not really. It really late during this time so not very many people are out."

 

 

"Don't you get lonely here every night?"

 

 

"A little bit..." I replied quietly. He looked at me for a moment before smiling. Just then, he went around the counter, grabbed my arm, and pulled me towards a table to sit down. I blushed and looked confusedly at him. 

 

 

"It's a good thing that I'm here so you're not alone," he said as he sat down across from me. I could feel the butterfiles fluttering in my stomach. I stared at him as he began to eat. Bite after bite, he just kept stuffing his cheeks. How...cute...!

 

"Ryeowook? Ryeowook!"

 

 

"Huh? What?"

 

 

"You keep staring at me. Is something wrong?" I felt my cheeks heating up again. 

 

 

"N-no! S-sorry, just s-spacing out..." I felt stupid and really, really embarrased. He just nodded his head and continued to eat while looking at his phone as I just looked down, fiddling with my hands. As I was looking down, I noticed his turtle bag again. I guess he noticed me looking at it because he suddenly picked it up.

 

 

"Do you like it?" he asked, and I nodded my head. 

 

 

"You like turtles?" 

 

 

"I love them! They're my favorite animal. I've always wanted to get one, but I was never allowed to. So instead, I carry this around with me everywhere I go," he answered. I couldn't help but chuckle at him. "Ryeowook-ah. what time do you get off?" I looked at the clock and saw that it was already 9:00pm. 

 

 

"I actually get off right now." 

 

 

"Perfect." He smiled. "Would you like to come with me and run an errand? I don't feel like going by myself." I stared at him for a moment. He wanted to go somewhere with me? He wanted to bring me along with him? Isn't that like...a d-date? A date?! He's taking me on a date?! No, wait, he's just taking me to run an errand. But it's almost the same...right? Omo! What should I do? Should I go with him? Or not? He's still looking at me. He's waiting for my answer. But-! Oh, what the heck! 

 

 

"S-sure! Just let me go change," I announced as I quickly got up and ran towards the back to change out of my uniform. Once I was ready to go, Mr. Lee came in.

 

 

"Ryeowook-ah, you're leaving now?" he asked.

 

 

"Ah, yes. I'll see you tomorrow, Mr. Lee!" I made my way towards the door when suddenly Mr. Lee placed his hand on my shoulder.

 

 

"Wait, Ryeowook." I turned around.

 

 

"Yes?" He smiled at me. 

 

 

"Have fun," he simply stated before walking away. Have fun? What did he mean "have fun"? Oh well. I pushed the door open and walked towards Yesung, where he was waiting for me. 

 

 

"Ready?" he asked and I nodded my head. We headed towards the door and he even held it open for me. He walked in front of me and I walked behind him as we walked towards the bus stop, which the bus was already there. As we got on, he went ahead and payed for both of us and we walked towards the back of the bus to sit down. We sat next to each other and the bus started to move. As I sat quietly beside him, he handed me an ear phone that was connected to an mp3 player. "It's gonna be a while until we get there." I nodded my head and put the earpiece in my ear, not worrying about where "there" is, and he put the other earpiece in his ear. Before I knew it, music started to play.

 

 

We were quiet for most of the ride. I just stared at the window while Yesung played on his phone. I felt like I was falling asleep until another song started to play. A ballad song. A really nice, calm ballad song. I've never heard it before. The singer's voice didn't sound familiar at all, but I really like it. Should I ask him what the song is? I looked away from the window to take a peek at him, but he was already looking at me, so my cheeks became pink again. 

 

 

"Do you like the song?" he asked. Is he able to read minds?! I nodded my head. 

 

 

"W-who is the singer?" I asked. He smiled a little. 

 

 

"I am." My eyes became wide at the sudden shock. This beautiful voice belongs to Yesung?! 

 

 

"You recorded this yourself?"

 

 

"Sort of. I'm training to become a singer at SM and this one of the very first demos they let me record. I've gotten a little better over the years though, so this song isn't as good as my other ones."

 

 

"But I really like this one. You have a wonderful voice," I said softly, my cheeks still being a little pink. As I looked at him, it could've been my imagination, but its looked like his cheeks were a little pink too. 

 

 

"T-thanks. Maybe I should give you a playlist of all of my songs-"

 

 

"Yes please!" I blurted out and he just stared at me. I felt my cheeks getting even hotter. "I-I mean, t-that is, if y-you want t-to..." Stupid, stupid, stupid! Now he thinks you're weird! Suddenly, I heard him chuckle a little. 

 

 

"Alright. Next time, I'll give you a playlist of all of the songs I recorded." I felt the butterflies fluttering in my stomach again, but nevertheless, I smiled and nodded my head. Just then, the bus stopped and Yesung was starting to get up. "We're here." I returned his earpiece as we both stood up and walked out of the bus. Once we were off, I saw that we were standing in front of a pet store. I was about to ask him why we were there, but he started heading inside already, so I quickly followed him. While following him, I looked around at all of the different pets and pet items. Dogs and chew toys, cats and toy mice, hamsters and wheels, fish and different kinds of fish tanks. I was so amazed by the many different things that I almost didn't noticed that we had entered the reptile area. I looked at the many different snakes, which by the way were freaking me out, and accidentally bumped into Yesung a little.

 

 

"S-sorry..." I apologized, but he was too busy looking at something else. I looked towards where he was looking at and saw an emoty tank. I saw a bowl of some kind of pet food in the corner, a rock that filled half of the tank, and a couple of fake plants, but I didn't see any animal in it. 

 

 

"Hey, come on out! I'm here now!" he said happily while tapping the glass a little. Before I knew it, a turtle came out of the rock, which I guess was really a little cave. "Ryeowook, I'd like you to meet Ddangkkoma. I come here everyday to say hi to him." He smiled as he kept staring at the turtle. 

 

 

"Why don't you buy him?"

 

 

"I will. One day. It's not the right time yet." 

 

 

"Yesung." We both turned our heads to see a man that probably could've been the manager of this store. 

 

 

"Annyeonghasseyo, ahjussi," Yesung greeted and bowed. 

 

 

"What are you doing here? Its pretty late." 

 

 

"I just wanted to show Ddangkkoma to my friend here." He looked at me and I quickly greeted him as well and bowed. 

 

 

"Yesung, how many times do I have to tell you? That turtle can't be named 'Ddangkkoma' if he doesn't belong to you." 

 

 

"He will soon!"

 

 

"He can't stay here for long. Its been months since he's been here and no one has taken him yet."

 

 

"I told you I will! I promise!" The ahjussi sighed. 

 

 

"Alright. Remember though, he only has a couple months left until he has to go."

 

 

"I understand, Ahjussi. We better get going now. C'mon Ryeowook. Bye Ddangkkoma! I'll see you tomorrow!" Yesung waved to the turtle before waving at the ahjussi and we both headed outside towards the bus stop. We sat down on the bench as we waited for the bus to come. 

 

 

"Ryeowook? Is something wrong?" Yesung asked me. 

 

 

"N-no! Nothing at all! Its...just...um..." 

 

 

"What is it?" 

 

 

"...how come you can't get Ddangkkoma right now?" Yesung was silent for a moment before he sighed and slumped down on the bench a little. 

 

 

"My father and I were never really on good terms, even when Kyuhyun and I were kids. So we really didn't have a good childhood. One time, when Kyuhyun and I were playing outside, we found a lost puppy. We both always wanted a pet, so we decided to take care of it. Our father didn't approve of it, so we started taking care of it in secret. But then he found out and...well...got rid of it."

 

I didn't need Yesung to explain any further on how his father got "rid of it". "I didn't bother in having another pet again, that is, until I came across this store one day and met Ddangkkoma. He had just arrived at the store when I first went. He was so cute! So everyday I went to go see him and how he was doing. Even though he wasn't mine, I felt attactched to him. He always knew when I was coming. After visiting him fo so long, I wanted to have him, but..." He became silent again. 

 

 

"...you're father won't approve of it..." I continued for him, and he nodded his head. 

 

 

"I don't want him to hurt him. He usually drops by ti see how we're doing. So I'm waiting for the time when he'll just stop and then I can finally claim Ddangkkoma to be mine." He was silent again, but I noticed the sad smile across his face. Suddenly, the bus appeared, and we quickly got on. As the bus started moving, he didn't talk once. I wish there was something I could do to cheer him up. As the bus stopped at another bus stop and people were going out and coming in, I looked out the window and saw a store. I noticed that they were selling different kinds of phone chains, and once I spotted something I knew Yesung would like, I smiled and got up, pulling Yesung's arm. "Ryeowook? Where are we going?" I didn't answer him. All I did was continue to pull him out of the bus and into the store. I let go of his arm and walked over to the phone chains. I carefully looked at the rack until I spotted what I was looking for and grabbed it. 

 

 

"Look!" I happily said as I showed him a turtle phone chain, and immediately, he smiled and took it. 

 

 

"Woah! This is awesome! It looks just like Ddangkkoma!" he laughed while looking at it, and I laughed with him. He's like a kid, and I find it so...cute...

 

 

"I-I thought it m-might cheer y-you up..." I stuttered as my cheeks became pink once again. 

 

 

"It did. Thanks, Ryeowook," he thanked me, smiling sweetly. "Oh look! There's another one!" He grabbed a smiliar phone chain that looked almost just like the other. "Let's go buy two. So we can match!" He happily went to the cashier to pay for both of the phone chains. He recieved them back quickly before we headed out of the store. As we stood in front of the store, he gave me one of the phone chains as he slipped the other onto his phone. I tried to put mine on, but my hands were so cold that I kept missing the spot, so he put it on for me. 

 

 

"T-thanks..." I said quietly. 

 

 

"No, thank you." There went the butterflies again. "It's really late now. We should probably get you home. Is it far from here?" I looked around my surroundings and noticed that everything was quite familiar. 

 

 

"Nope. Its actually pretty close from here. I can just walk home." 

 

 

"Let me walk you home then. Its dangerous for you to be walking around by yourself this late." I felt my cheeks getting hotter. He's the nicest person I've ever met. 

 

 

We walked side by side towards the direction of my house in silence. Why does it always feel so awkward? 

 

 

"Na, usemi mana jeotteyo, chingudeuri geure," he sang. His voice sounded so soothing. "Na, birimi mana jeotteyo, sasil akkyeodun geollyo." Have I heard this song before? It sounds so familiar. "Negen neomu teukbyuran geude." It does sound familiar! I know this song!

 

 

"Sesang e moden norewa sumaneun sarang yegideuri." I stopped singing because I felt embarrassed to sing in front of him. I usually don't sing with anyone around except for Sungmin hyung, but as I looked at Yesung, I knew he wanted me to continue. "Uril wihe jonjehaneun geot gata.

 

 

"Geude neun eotteongayo.

 

 

"Sarangingayo-" 

 

 

"-I want you feel just like me.

 

 

"Inyeonigayo-

 

 

"-I want you feel the same about me.

 

 

"Hoksi chajeon seolleime geojeo bangaungayo. Geudedo nawa gateun kumdereul kunayo.

 

 

"Do you know how much I think about you? Do you know how much I love you?" When I finished singing, he smiled and clapped. 

 

 

"Ryeowook-ah! I didn't know you had such a voice, let alone that you knew Park Saebyul's song. That was amazing!" 

 

 

"My mom used to always make me listen to Maybe in Love, so I always sung it at home. I don't think I have a very good voice..."

 

 

"Are you kidding me? You have a wonderful voice! We should record a song one day. Together." My heart started racing once he said "together". 

 

 

"I-I'd like t-that," I replied. Before I knew it, we were already standing in front of my house. No fair, I wanted to walk with him a little longer.

 

 

"Oh wait, before you go, let's exchange numbers." I nodded my head as I took my phone out to exchange numbers, admiring our matching phones chains. When we finished, we both put our phones back into our pockets and he walked me towards my door. Once I unlocked it, I turned back to face him. 

 

 

"Are you sure you don't want to come in? My parents aren't home cause they're on a buisness trip, but they wouldn't mind..." I invited, hoping he'd say okay. 

 

 

"Its okay. I have to go anyway. I forgot that I had to go buy Kyuhyun a game that he wanted. Invite me next time though, okay?" I was a little disappointed that he couldn't stay, but happy that I could invite him again. 

 

 

"Okay." 

 

 

"Goodnight, Ryeowook." 

 

 

"G-goodnight..." And with that, he walked away and I closed the door and the lights. I set my things down on the couch and slumped back as well, remembering the night I just spent with Yesung. I couldn't stop smiling. This has got to be one of the best nights ever. I took my phone out and admired the turtle phone chain again. 

 

 

"Do you know how much I think about you? Do you know how much I love you?

 

 

Yesung.

 

 

I really like you. 

 

 

Maybe I'm in love...


A/N: How's that for a Yewook chapter? ;) I haven't put much Yewook at all, so I dedicated this one to them~ Ryeowook might already be in love! Have I satisfied the Yewook shippers yet? Kekeke~ If you didn't catch my little hint when they were singing, the song was Maybe in Love by Park Saebyul ft. Super Junior KRY. If you have not listened to it yet, I highly suggest that you do. It's a very beautiful song :) (Kyuuuu~! <3 keke) Question for all of my readers!: Is this story cute/fluffy enough? Maybe not enough? Or too much? I don't know. Fluff is really what I'm best at, so I just want to know if its cute enough, or if I should make it even more cute ^^ Planning to have next chapter Eunhae with a little Kyumin maybe~ Please comment and subscribe!! <3333333