Chapter 6: The Great Evil Kyu in Trouble

I'm Not Cute!

Sungmin's POV

I woke up to the sound of someone's voice across the room. I opened my eyes and saw that I was in my room, and Ryeowook was just coming in, talking on his phone. My guess is that he was talking to his parents. I sat up from my bed and stretched my arms out, yawing. 

 

 

"Oh hyung! You're awake!" Ryeowook put his phone in his pocket and sat down next to me. "I'm sorry I didn't give you phone and keys back sooner."

 

 

"Its fine. Thanks for bringing me inside." Ryeowook looked at me funny. 

 

 

"Hyung, I didn't bring you inside."

 

 

"What? Then how did-"

 

 

"Kyuhyun did." I tilted my head and looked at him confused. Kyuhyun? As in, Cho Kyuhyun, the one who won't leave me alone and annoys me? He brought me in? When? All I remember was that I was sitting outside in front of my house, cold, waiting for Ryeowook to show up- No, wait, then Kyuhyun came. I remember now. He came to annoy me, asking about my parents. But I told him anyway, and he told me about his. Then he offered his drink to me....a-and then he held my hand because I was cold...and I was starting to get tired and passed out on his...oh my gosh!

 

 

"Y-yah! What you saw when you came meant nothing, alright? Nothing!" I yelled while a light shade of red appeared on my cheeks. Ryeowook just stared and blinked at me. 

 

 

"Hyung, I didn't even mention anything about that."

 

 

"Still! Forget what you saw! It was nothing!" He stared at me some more before he started to smile. 

 

 

"Whatever you say hyung! Oh, I gotta get going. I'll see you tomorrow!" Ryeowook stood up and started to leave, but before he actually left, he turned back to look at me. "Oh, by the way, Kyuhyun left you something. I put it on the coffee table if you wanna see it." And with that, he left, leaving me once again confused on my bed. Kyuhyun left me something? What could he have given me? Before I went to go see what it was, I changed out of my uniform into a white T-shirt and pink pajamas. When I finished, I headed out of my room into the living room. I looked at my coffee table and raised my eyebrow. There was something pink lying on the table. I went closer to pick it up and saw that it was a pair of pink gloves. 

 

 

Kyuhyun got me a pair of pink gloves? He had another pair of gloves and didn't even bother to give them to me? What the heck! Then why did he hold my hand?!

 

 

Ba-dump

 

 

He held my hand...yet he could've given me the gloves....

 

 

Ba-dump

 

 

Cho Kyuhyun. He must really love teasing me. What am I, a toy?! Now he's really gonna get it-

 

 

Achoo!

 

 

Oh great. I think I'm getting sick. This is what I get from staying outside for too long. I better get some sleep or else I won't be feeling too good tomorrow. With the pink gloves in my hand, I walked back to my room, placed the gloves aside, turned off the lights, and went to bed. 

 

 

Next day

I heard a ringing sound in my head when I was just waking up. I groaned as I turned to my side. I wasn't feeling quite right, so I held my hand up to my head and felt that I had a small fever. Great. Just great. I removed my hand from my head and coughed a little. I could still hear the ringing sound in my head, and it was getting louder. Am I so sick that I'm starting to hear things? Make it stop! I opened my eyes a little to check the time, and suddnely I figured where that ringing was coming from. It was just my alarm and- oh my gosh! It went off 45 minutes ago! I only have 15 minutes to get ready and go to work!

 

 

I quickly jumped out of bed and ran towards my bathroom, washing my face and fixing my hair a little. I changed into my uniform quickly and put my coat and scarf on. Without thinking, I grabbed the gloves Kyuhyun got me and slipped them on as well. I put my keys and my phone in bag along with another pair of clothes, and before I knew it, I was out of the house, running towards the café. It was hard to breathe, since my nose was stuffy and I continued to cough, but that didn't stop me from running. After a few minuets of running, I finally made it to the café. I opened the door and stopped inside, feeling the warmness. 

 

 

"Ah, Sungmin- ah, you're here!" Mr. Lee stated as he came out of nowhere. "Are you okay? You don't look so good."

 

 

"I woke up late and ran all the way here. It's not a big deal," I huffed, trying to catch my breath. 

 

 

"No, I mean, your face is a little pale. Did you catch a fever?" 

 

 

"Its just a small cold. Don't worry about it. I'm pretty sure it'll go away later."

 

 

"Alright, if you say so. If you're not feeling too well later though, just tell me."

 

 

"Will do." As Mr. Lee went somewhere else, I went towards the back to set my things down. As I put my bag down and took off my coat, scarf, and gloves, I heard bells ringing, meaning someone had come in. 

 

 

"Yah! Stop follwing me!" 

 

 

"But I was already coming here! And I want to play with you Hyukkie!" 

 

 

"I told you that I don't want to!" I stepped out from the back and saw Eunhyuk and some other guy guy that looked about his age. 

 

 

"Oh, Eunhyuk-shii, what are you doing here so early in the morning? You don't have to work until noon," I said as I walked towards them. 

 

 

"I always wake up this early, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi." I nodded my head. 

 

 

"Who's this?" I asked as I pointed at the guy. 

 

 

"This is Donghae. Mr. Lee's son."

 

 

"Oh, so you're Mr. Lee's son. Its nice to meet you, I'm Sungmin." He smiled at me. 

 

 

"Its nice to meet you too. I hope we can be good friends in the future."

 

 

"Yah! What the heck?!" Eunhyuk suddenly yelled. 

 

 

"What is it, Hyukkie?" 

 

 

"One minute you're acting like a little kid, then all of a sudden you're acting all cool and stuff!" Donghae grinned. 

 

 

"You think I'm cool, Hyukkie?" I noticed that Eunhyuk gulped and his cheeks started to become a little pink. 

 

 

"I-I do not!" he yelled again, and Donghae chuckled. 

 

 

"So cute. Be right back Hyukkie. I'm gonna go say hi to my dad really quick." And with that, he left to go see Mr. Lee. 

 

 

"Well, he's...interesting," I said. 

 

 

"Isn't he annoying?" he mummbled. 

 

 

"Please, I've seen worse."

 

 

"Oh yeah? Who?"

 

 

"Ah, Sungmin!" As if on cue, I saw Kyuhyun come in with a smirk on his face. 

 

 

"Him," I stated as I pointed at Kyuhyun. 

 

 

"What about me?"

 

 

"You annoy me. A lot. You annoy me so much that I get frustrated because of you." Just then, smirked again. 

 

 

"So you think about me a lot?" My cheeks became pink a little. What the heck?! He's twisting my words around!

 

 

"N-no! I absolutely do not!"

 

 

"You're so cute," he chuckled. 

 

 

"S-shut up!" I stuttered. 

 

 

"Oh, I saw you the other day. I'm Eunhyuk, nice to meet you," Eunhyuk suddenly blurted out. 

 

 

"I'm Kyuhyun...hmm..."

 

 

"What?"

 

 

"Has anyone ever told you that you look like a monkey?" Eunhyuk's jaw dropped and so did mine. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun! How rude can you get?!" I yelled. 

 

 

"Well he does!" 

 

 

"Aish, why are you so mean?!" 

 

 

"I"m just telling the truth!" Aish, this kid!

 

 

"I-its okay hyung. I've been called a monkey before..." Eunhyuk said sadly. 

 

 

"Really? By who?"

 

 

"Hyukkie!!" Donghae screamed as he ran towards Eunhyuk and practically almost jumped on his back. 

 

 

"Aish, Donghae! Get off of me!" Eunhyuk whined. 

 

 

"I don't wanna~" 

 

 

"Donghae?" Kyuhyun called out as he stared at Donghae, and suddenly, his smile became wider. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah!" he squealed as he jumped on Kyuhyun instead. Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. 

 

 

"You guys know each other?" I asked. 

 

 

"He and my brother are good friends. They both see each other a lot at SM."

 

 

"Kyuhyun-ah, don't you think Hyukkie looks likes a monkey?" Donghae asked, and I saw that Eunhyuk facepalmed. I'm guessing Donghae is the one who called him a monkey. 

 

 

"Yeah! That's what I said!" Kyuhyun agreed. 

 

 

"Kyuhyun, stop being so mean!" I yelled. 

 

 

"Yah, you fishy! Stop calling me that!" Eunhyuk yelled as well. All Kyuhyun and Donghae could do was pull of a michievous look on their faces. "Anyway, I'll see you later hyung. I'm going out for a walk."

 

 

"Okay." As Eunhyuk started to leave, Donghae started to follow him, and while they headed out, I heard them arguing. Once they wre gone, Kyuhyun just stared at me. "Yah, why do you keep staring at me?"

 

 

"Are you okay? You look a little pale. Did you get sick?"

 

 

"I did not!" Suddenly, I started to cough and sneeze. I also began to get a headache. 

 

 

"See? You are sick. You should be at home, resting."

 

 

"Tch. Why should you care? I'm fine. I'll feel better later. Now, do you want something or are you gonna leave?" Kyuhyun smiled at me. 

 

 

"One medium sized latte please. Extra whipped cream. To go." I rolled my eyes as I went to get what he wanted. That's the third time he's ordered that. Why doesn't he get something different? Whatever. After I made his drink, I handed him his drink and he handed me exact change. I couldn't help but notice that his hand was wrapped up in bandages. 

 

 

"Thanks. See ya later." I was going to ask him what happened to his hand, but he already left. What did he do that made him put bandages on his hand? 

 

 

Achoo!

 

 

Ugh, I hate it when I'm sick. I know I'll get better though...hopefully...

 

 

Later

I have a half an hour left until I'm out of here. Eunhyuk was taking most of the orders all day, because obviously, I didn't get any better. It was like every five minutes, I started to cough. I was having a runny nose and my headache never went away. To make more thing worse, I hadn't eaten that morning at all and I was starving. 

 

 

"Sungmin hyung, you should reall go home. You look worse than you did this morning," Eunhyuk suddenly came up to me, and I started to cough again. 

 

 

"I'm fine. I don't need to go home," I stated. 

 

 

"Sungmin-ah, go home. You're too sick to work for another minute. Go take a rest," Mr. Lee called out from behind me. 

 

 

"But-"

 

 

"Please, Sungmin. Take a rest."

 

 

"...okay..." I sighed in defeat. I went towards the back to change out of my uniform and get my belongings. Once I had everything ready, I stepped out and Eunhyuk approached me again. 

 

 

"Here. This is the pharmacy I usually go to when I'm sick. They sell really good medicine at a really cheap price." He handed me a piece of paper with an address on it and I thanked him. As I headed for the door, I saw Mr. Lee's son come in. 

 

 

"Oh, Donghae."

 

 

"Hi hyung. Are you going home already?" he asked. 

 

 

"Yeah. I'm not feeling too well."

 

 

"Alright, I'll see you later then. Hope you feel better." He gave me a quick smile before skipping happily towards Eunhyuk. Well, okay then...weird change in personality...I stepped out of the café and luckily, a bus was nearby. I quickly got on and took a seat. I was the only one on the bus. I looked at the paper Eunhyuk gave me and looked carefully for the address. 

 

 

It took me at least 20 minutes until I reached my destination. I got off the bus and looked at my surroundings. Why is it so far? I made my way inside the pharmacy and looked around a bit. Eunhyuk wasn't kidding. Everything really was cheap. I picked out a medicine that tasted like cherries before I payed for it. I thanked the cashier as he put it in a small plastic bag for me before I headed for the door. Before I headed out, I bumped into someone.

 

 

"Oh, I'm sorry," he aplogized as he bowed. 

 

 

'Its okay," I reassured and then I stepped out. I noticed that he had a bag over his shoulder that had a turtle on it. Okay then...

 

 

As I made my way towards the bus stop to wait for the bus. I looked at my phone. It was already 3. Before I sat down on the bench. I noticed a high school right across from me. I didn't know there was a high school here. I also noticed a couple people walking- wait no. One of them just pushed someone towards a wall. They're bullying him? Oh heck no!

 

 

I quickly ran across the street (carefully, of course) and hid behind a tree so they wouldn't see me and listened to what they were saying. 

 

 

"Why don't you fight back, huh?" one of the mocked. I couldn't really see his face, but the one was getting bullied didn't say anything. 

 

 

"Why do we always mess with this guy? He doesn't even say anything. All he ever does is play that stupid Starcraft game," another one said. If this guy plays Starcraft, they're possibly picking what they must call their "typical nerd". 

 

 

"Oh well. He can't play with a messed up hand, now can he?" one of them laughed. Messed up hand? What happened to his hand? I looked at his hands and noticed that his right hand was wrapped in bandages. 

 

 

Bandages?

 

 

Why does that remind me of-

 

 

"Don't even think you can try and runaway from us again, Cho Kyuhyun." One of them grabbed onto the collar of his shirt and held him up, making his face visible now. 

 

 

Wait, Cho Kyuhyun?

 

 

...

 

 

KYUHYUN?!

 

 

"STOP!" I yelled as I ran towards them. They all looked at me, and Kyuhyun looked surprised.

 

 

"S-Sungmin?" he stuttered.

 

 

"Hey, freak, you know this guy?" they asked him. He stayed silent.

 

 

"Put him down, right now!" I yelled again, and they all laughed at me.

 

 

"Seriously, who is this guy?" one of them laughed. 

 

 

"Hey kid, why don't you just go home?" 

 

 

"First of all, I'm not a kid. I'm older than all of you. Second of all, if you don't leave him alone right now, you're gonna get it." Suddenly, the guy who was holding Kyuhyun set him down, or rather dropped him, and came towards me. 

 

 

"Oh yeah? And what are you gonna do?" he asked harshly as he pushed me down. That's it, now I'm mad. I set my bag down, stood up, and grabbed his arm. He stared at me in disbelief before I flipped him, making him land hard on the ground and wince in pain. The other guys looked angry with me. Heh, one down, three more to go.

 

 

One of them charged at me and managed to grab me from behind, making me unable to use my arms. You really think you're gonna stop me? I was able to walk backwards towards the wall and hit him against it, making him lose his grip on me. I elbowed him in the stomach, making him shout in pain, and swung my leg around to kick his face down, sending him to the ground. 

 

 

Another came charging at me, but I was too quick for him. I swiftly got down and swung my leg around to trip him and elbowed his back, sending him flat to his face. 

 

 

I looked at the last one, who looked scared. "Oh, you're not getting away so easily." Before he could run, I grabbed his arms and held them behind his back. 

 

 

"Ow ow ow! Let me go!" he yelled in pain, and I made him face Kyuhyun, who was still on the ground. 

 

 

"Not until you promise that you leave Kyuhyun alone."

 

 

"Okay! I promise!" 

 

 

"Say you're sorry to him!"

 

 

"I'm sorry!" After a few more seconds, I let go of him and he ran screaming. The other guys followed him after. After they were gone, I made my way towards Kyuhyun and stuck my hand out. 

 

 

"Are you okay?" I asked. He stared at me for a moment before nodding his head and taking my hand so I could pull him up. "Good because-" Suddenly, I started to cough again, and I couldn't stop. 

 

 

"Sungmin? Sungmin! Are you okay?!" Kyuhyun asked me, but I couldn't answer him. I started to feel so light-headed. I stopped coughing for a bit and fell into Kyuhyun's arms. The last thing I heard was Kyuhyun shouting my name before I passed out. 


A/N: Hi guys!! ^^ So I wrote a new chapter this week. I was going to write more, but I felt too tired to keep writing, plus I think its long enough, so I just stopped here and let you guys worry over Sungmin collapsing (Oh geez, that sounds so mean TT TT) It was a pretty easy week this week, so I'm glad I had some time to write ^^ To all of my subscribers (yes, all 96 of you) I just want to say thank you so much for reading my story. I know I'm not the best author in the world, but it means a lot to me to see so many people reading my poorly written stories ^^; Please comment and subscribe!! <333333