Chapter 27: Happiness

I'm Not Cute!

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

“I’ll pick you up after work Hyukkie!” Donghae exclaimed as he grabbed my hands tightly. I promised Donghae that he could take me on a date today. I have absolutely no idea where he’s taking me this time, but I guess that’s what surprises are meant for.

 

 

“O-okay,” I stuttered, my cheeks getting unbelievably warm, and he just smiled at me. He kissed my cheek softly before practically skipping away. I just stood there like a blushing idiot as he disappeared out of sight. Was it really a good idea to say he could take me out on a date? Of all the other things I could’ve said, the first thing that just had to pop into my head was the word “date”. Dates aren’t the answer for everything.

 

 

“You’re not going to get any work done if you just stand there absent mindedly,” Sungmin stated as he came up from behind me, startling me a bit.

 

 

“S-sorry, I’ll get to work now,” I apologized.  

 

 

“Seems like you’re falling for Donghae more and more each day.” He began smirking and the blush on my face just continued to rise.

 

 

“A-am not!”

 

 

“Oh really? I still remember the time when you found him completely annoying and didn’t even want to be around him. Now, you’re willing to go on a date with him. You even told him you liked him.”

 

 

“…I-I said maybe…”

 

 

“Yeah. That explains your behavior around him.”

 

 

“Look who’s talking! Says the one who’s suddenly acting all weird in front of Kyuhyun!” I said back, referring to the incident he had when Kyuhyun came in this morning. Every second or so, Sungmin began stuttering almost everything he said to Kyuhyun like he was nervous or something. And I noticed that his face would become red every now and then. Something must have happened for him to become like that.

 

 

“I-It’s nothing!” he stuttered.

 

 

“See!? You’re no different from me! What? Do you like him or something?” I was the one the smirk and tease this time, and I noticed his face getting red again.

 

 

“Definitely not! Just get to work!” He pouted and crossed his arms before walking away, and I just chuckled. While he went to serve a couple customers, I noticed Mr. Lee coming out of his office. He had a long frown on his face and looked extremely tired. I wonder what’s wrong. I walked over towards the table he sat at and he looked up at me with a sad expression on his face.

 

 

“Mr. Lee? Are you okay?” I asked.

 

 

“Oh, I’m doing fine, Eunhyuk.”

 

 

“Are you sure? You don’t look like yourself today.”

 

 

“Please don’t worry about me, Eunhyuk. I’m okay,” he reassured with a forced smile. Something must’ve been bothering him; otherwise he wouldn’t seem so frustrated.

 

 

“Okay.”

 

 

“How is Donghae doing?” he asked suddenly.

 

 

“Well, he seems to be doing okay. Why are you asking me though?”

 

 

“I just assumed that you knew since he’s always with you.”

 

 

“He lives with you doesn’t he? How would you not know? Aren’t you close with him?” I asked I sat down across from him.

 

 

“Yes, we’re very close and I love having him around. But we don’t live together.” This was definitely surprising to hear. All this time I thought the two of them were living together like a family. So that means that the house I went to before was really just Donghae’s house? If their close like he says they are, then why don’t they live together?

 

 

“Why don’t you live together? Is it money trouble? Are you not able to support him well enough?” I asked, though a little shameful for asking such a personal question.

 

 

“I guess you could say that. We’re originally from Mokpo so our actual house is over there where my wife is.”

 

 


“Then why did you come here?”

 

 

“Because I wanted Donghae to audition and train under SM. He wanted to be a soccer player when he was little, but I always knew that he loved to dance. So I helped him go through his audition. When he passed, he wanted me to stay here with him in Seoul and I agreed. But lately…” he sighed. He had that frown back on his face.

 

 

“But lately what?”

 

 

“I’ve been running low on money.”

 

 

“But the café is doing fine. Many people come in every day.”

 

 

“Not all of the money goes to me.”

 

 

“Who does it go to then?”

 

 

“You’re friends with Kyuhyun, aren’t you?”

 

 

“Well, yeah, but I don’t see how—“

 

 

“Kyuhyun’s father gets most of it. He’s the one who gave me the money in the first place to open up this café.” I couldn’t believe what I was hearing. So technically, Kyuhyun’s father also owns this place? Of all the people in Korea, why him?

 

 

After a couple more minutes of talking, I found out that Mr. Lee and Kyuhyun’s father used to actually be friends in high school; best friends to be exact. I know crazy right? Even I couldn’t believe it. He said that Kyuhyun’s father suddenly became extremely greedy for money after they graduated. After he became a huge company owner, he became the person who he is today. When Mr. Lee asked him to help him open up a café, he agreed, but only if some of the money he made went to him.

 

 

Recently, he’s been taking more money than he should. If he was able to take more, Mr. Lee would eventually be out of business. But losing the café isn’t what scares him the most.

 

 

He’s more worried about supporting Donghae. He hasn’t even told him about it yet. If he runs out of business, he’ll be forced to go back to Mokpo with no job. He won’t be able to support his son or the rest of his family.

 

 

Hearing all of this makes me want to do all kinds of things. It makes me want to scream, punch something, and even cry. I knew Kyuhyun and Yesung’s father wasn’t good, but I didn’t know he was that terrible.

 

 

“I’m so sorry Mr. Lee. I wish there was something I could do for you,” I told him. For the first time since we’ve been talking, he smiled up at me, and it wasn’t a forced one.

 

 

“All I want you to do is to keep Donghae happy. It’s not rare to see him smiling all the time, but I can tell he’s a lot happier when he’s around you, and that makes me happier. Just continue to be with him, okay?”

 

 

“O-okay,” I stuttered. I felt my cheeks getting suddenly a little warm. I wonder if he knows that Donghae often smiles around me because he’s in love with me.

 

 

“I only say this because I know he’s in love with you. He often says it to me whenever he’s talking about you,” he chuckled, only making me blush even more. I can’t believe Donghae even told his father that he loves me! I also can’t believe that he’s okay with his son even liking a guy in the first place! “You better get back to work. I appreciate this talk we had. It felt nice to let everything out to someone.” Suddenly, he stood up and walked towards the back of the café, leaving me embarrassed by myself.

 

 

I never would’ve thought I’d have such a serious conversation with Mr. Lee. Though, it felt kind of nice. It almost felt like I was bonding a little with my father.

 

 

“Eunhyuk, get your over here!” Sungmin yelled.

 

 

“Coming!”

 

 

 

 

The clock read 5:00pm when I changed out of my uniform and grabbed all of my belongings. Donghae had arrived a few minutes early but wanted to chat privately with his father before we left. I stood in the middle of the café waiting for him when suddenly Ryeowook came up behind me.

 

 

“Are you going on another date with Donghae?” he asked with a smile.

 

 

“Y-yeah,” I answered.

 

 

“I knew it! I knew you’d pick him!” he cheered, leaving me confused.

 

 

“Pick him? What are you talking about?”

 

 

“You chose to be with Donghae instead of that Siwon guy, right?”

 

 

“What!? How do you know about that!? And no, I didn’t pick anyone…yet…”

 

 

“Sungmin hyung told me about it. And you better pick fast, Eunhyuk. I can’t wait any longer!” I wasn’t completely sure, but I think Ryeowook was teasing.

 

 

“Why don’t you just worry about yourself and Yesung?” I mumbled, trying to get out of embarrassment. Ryeowook suddenly became quiet and had a frown on his face. I could almost see tears forming in his eyes. “Ryeowook, are you okay? Did something happen between you and Yesung?” He shook his head and turned around.

 

 

“It’s nothing…” I heard him mumble before walking away. I shouldn’t have brought Yesung up if I knew he’d get depressed. What could’ve happened? I’ll make a mental note to ask him about it later.

 

 

“Hyukkie!” I heard Donghae call my name from behind me has he hugged me from behind, making blush yet once again. “Are you ready to go?” I nodded my head and he instantly let go of me and held my hand, intertwining our fingers as we left the café. After a few minutes of walking, we ended up at that strawberry shop that he took me on our first date, and I was practically jumping for joy. I haven’t had anything strawberry related in 24 hours! That’s way too long!

 

 

I happily dragged Donghae inside as walked up to the cashier and ordered a strawberry cake. As we took it to a table to sit at, I immediately dug in, savoring every bite. Although, as I looked at Donghae, he wasn’t eating again, which made me pout.

 

 

“Yah, do I have to feed you again to make you eat?” Donghae smirked before coming closer to me and opening his mouth, insisting me to feed him, and I felt my face getting warmer. “N-no! You can do it yourself!”

 

 

“Then I’m not eating.” Normally this sort of thing wouldn’t really bother me, but if he’s not going to eat, then he’s just going to stare at me with that goofy smile on his face. I took a deep breath before stabbing the strawberry cake on the fork and put it near his mouth, without looking in his eyes. I heard him chuckle before eating the cake. “Thank you, Hyukkie!”

 

 

“Yeah, yeah,” I mumbled.

 

 

This went on for about a half hour or so. When we exited the shop, he pulled out a blue blindfold, just like on the first date.

 

 

“What!? I’m not going to put on a blindfold again!” I whined.

 

 

“Please Hyukkie! This is the last time I’ll ever use a blindfold! Plus, you can trust me! Please, please, please!” he begged while pouting. Has there ever been at least one person who was able to say no to him? I sighed as I grabbed the blindfold and tied it around my head. I couldn’t see a thing.

 

 

“You better be taking me somewhere special if you’re blindfolding me again,” I mumbled as he put an arm around my waist and grabbed my other hand as he began to guide me.

 

 

“Trust me. It is.” Surprisingly, I wasn’t scared to not know where I was going. I guess it’s because I had to trust him the last time. Although, I could feel him breathing on my neck, which made me get warmer and warmer.

 

 

I couldn’t figure out how long we’ve been walking, but once we stopped, I felt relieved that we didn’t have to walk anymore.

 

 

“Okay, you can take it off now!” he ordered. I reached behind my head to untie the blindfold to see where exactly Donghae had taken me, and I almost fell back in amazement.

 

 

“Donghae, you took me the SM building!?” I asked with wide eyes.

 

 

“Yeah! I know how much you’ve always wanted to come here, so we’re going to dance in one of the practice rooms!”

 

 

“Am I even allowed to be here!?”

 

 

“Nope, but that’s why I’m going to sneak you inside.” Donghae grabbed my hand and pulled me all the way towards the back where a door was already a little open. We went through it quietly, dodging all of the people that were passing through. I couldn’t believe how big this place was! If I didn’t know any better, I would’ve gotten myself lost!

 

 

After what seemed to be forever, Donghae and I finally reached a dance room without getting caught. Everything is exactly what I dreamt it would be, and I couldn’t be happier to be here!

 

 

“Donghae, what happens if we get caught here?” I asked him.

 

 

“Then I’ll take the blame. Now, shall we?” He smiled as he plugged in his iPod into a stereo and played an upbeat song. I smiled as well as I put my stuff down in the corner made my way to the center of the room and began to dance. Donghae danced besides me and we smiled through the entire song. I would do anything to dance in this room forever.

 

 

We danced for hours until we couldn’t dance anymore. We were so tired that we were left in wife beaters sitting against the wall, breathing as hard as we could and sweating like there was no tomorrow.

 

 

“Thanks for today, Donghae,” I thanked, still trying to catch my breath. However, I didn’t hear him say anything. I looked next to me and saw his eyes closed. Was that tired that he fell asleep? And does he always sleep with a smile on his face?

 

 

Although, I have to admit; Mr. Lee was right. Donghae does seem happier when he’s around me. I suddenly thought about the conversation Mr. Lee and I had earlier. They seem to have such a good bond.  It would definitely be heartbreaking to break them apart. I really wish there was something I could do for him.

 

 

But like what Mr. Lee said, I’ll just continue to be with Donghae to keep him happy. It’s not like it bothers me that much anyway.

 

 

I reached over to Donghae’s face and brushed away hair that had fallen over his face and smiled at his sleeping face.

 

 

And without thinking, I reached over to his face and kissed him. It was a quick, but soft and gently kiss. As I pulled away, his eyes were still closed, and I smiled. I guess he’s a really deep sleep if he didn’t even wake up from that, which makes me happier. I don’t know what I would’ve done if he was actually awake.

 

 

I rested my head on his shoulder and began to close my eyes, having sleep take over me as well. Suddenly, Donghae grabbed my waist and pulled me in closer to him—

 

 

Wait, what!? He’s awake!?

 

 

“You’re very bad for stealing kissed from me when I’m sleeping, Hyukjae,” he laughed. I did nothing hide my face in my hands from embarrassment. “But that doesn’t mean that I didn’t like it.” He pulled me closer before closing his eyes again. I closed my eyes again as well and just decided to sleep next to him.

 

 

Donghae is also much happier when I’m with him.

 

 

Am I happier too when he’s with me?  



 

A/N: How in the world did I get 258 subscribers for this story? o______________o I didn't even expect getting this many subscribers, let alone 150 at least. You guys are so awesome ;AAAAAAAAAAA; Just let me love you all <3333333333 But anyway, here's the Eunhae chapter! AND WITHOUT SIWON THIS TIME. :) He's probably creeping in the corner somewhere just waiting to come out... I think this chapter has fluff. I tried not to but some just came out xD Kyumin is coming in the next chapter~ AND YEWOOK SHIPPERS. Yewook will be back in two chapters, I swear! So please don't die on me just yet! I don't want to be responible for your deaths ;AAAA; 

@shinshiro: Minnie's voice is exactly why I fell in love with the song <3 

@Ruka29Hawkes: Well then your friend should know that Super Junior beats LMFAO anyday :) 

@forevermusic: The chorus is my favorite part too. Minnie's voice <3 

@fluffcloud: Aww! I love you too! :3 Let those feels of your overflow until you have nothing left~ 

@Trolol14 & parkchanmi3: That's exactly what I was listening to when I was writing the chapter xD 

@premium-juice0: Let your creepiness continue. And love me. Love me like you've never loved before >:) *me suddenly being creepier* 

@haleean: So...what's your favorite? xD 

@blacksmile4ever: Bittersweet made me extremely happy. And Rockstar became my party song 8D 

@luvewookie: Please don't die on me ;A; They'll be back in two more chapters! I promise! Stay strong my little Yewook trooper! 

@Nutmeg12: No words can express my love for you since you gave me such a long comment *w* I'm kidding. I'm not creepy all the time. Please have your soul back. I don't know what to do with it. I don't keep souls in a jar or anything >.< I haven't listened to anything but them either. When SJ has a comeback, I party in my room like there's no tomorrow like the loner I am

Will update asap guys! Until then, let me get back to watching y, Free, and Single MV. Is it just me, or do I noticed hints of Eunhae and Kyumin always being near each other? 8D Its probably just me... but their performances were amazing :) Espeically when they did From U. Oh gawd, Eunhae were practically almost grinding up on each other... but anyway, please comment and subscribe!!! <33333333333333333